Poll: Will you miss your flying mounts in first patch of WoD?

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I parked my alt in one spot and did pet battles to level my pets. Only reason I have a 90 alt. Also Wrath added BoA flying book a few months after release.
    True, but in Wrath your main got flying at 77 and you had to level to 80 before being able to buy that book.

However, the point still stands. It's not new to restrict flying in some form during leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    True, but in Wrath your main got flying at 77 and you had to level to 80 before being able to buy that book.

However, the point still stands. It's not new to restrict flying in some form during leveling.
    Yeah but it is new to restrict it at level cap. And questing hasn't been the only way to level for a long time, for people who really hate ground travel.

Unsurprisingly, Icecrown and Storm Peaks were my favorite zones in Wrath. I freaking *LOVE* it when they design for flying.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Which is a terrible idea. Anytime you take away player control and automate the game, that's a bad idea. I can't even count the number of times I got up from the PC cause I had to take a flightpath and then just didn't come back cause I found something more interesting to do.

I'd rather fly myself then have blizzard do it for me.
    Swings and roundabouts.

It also allows them to design the continent based around exploration and natural finding of secrets and such, rather than having to account for players just flying overhead on their mounts, picking everything up they see and leaving

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    I think you're misinterpreting 'low average annual precipitation' as 'zero precipitation'. :p

Many deserts experience brief lush periods because the flora is adapted to make use of rare events of rain/flooding to flourish and spread its seeds/spores/etc. in the limited window available. See for example Death Valley wildflowers, etc.

#annoyingsciencenerds
    Thank you good sir...gotta love the uneducated

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is a terrible idea. Anytime you take away player control and automate the game, that's a bad idea. I can't even count the number of times I got up from the PC cause I had to take a flightpath and then just didn't come back cause I found something more interesting to do.

I'd rather fly myself then have blizzard do it for me.
    I'd rather solo a raid than do it with a group, so I demand blizzard make all content solo-able!
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Swings and roundabouts.

It also allows them to design the continent based around exploration and natural finding of secrets and such, rather than having to account for players just flying overhead on their mounts, picking everything up they see and leaving
    Instead people will just look up guides for all the secrets like they've been doing for years. Look at the treasure images for the TI that were out before the patch was even released.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Swings and roundabouts.

Then I would suggest a design team that knows howto design around flying mounts and reasons to do something on the ground with the incorporation of flying mounts and not their removal till some random time 4 months later when every reason they removed them in the first place is made pointless anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    I'd rather solo a raid than do it with a group, so I demand blizzard make all content solo-able!
    I'd rather blizzard just design around the content and modes of travel we have had for years instead of removing it for a limited time.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-02-10 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've spent 5 months on Timeless Isle running around on the ground killing things for Bigger Bags, I think I can handle more ground mounts. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Instead people will just look up guides for all the secrets like they've been doing for years. Look at the treasure images for the TI that were out before the patch was even released.
    They'll still have to make there way to them, without flying over every obstacle/enemy/environment and crap. Still more of a chance to interact with the game than flying.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

I think you over estimate the number of players who regularly use fan sites

I'm gonna be annoyed when I hit spacebar and my invincible doesn't fly there.

They'll still have to make there way to them, without flying over every obstacle/enemy/environment and crap. Still more of a chance to interact with the game than flying.
    Then as the poster 2 above you suggested, they should develop ways to get around it. Use a cave for example. Or incorporate things that dismount you rather than just saying my character forgot how to fly because of some stupid reason like..OH MY! We went back in time to before you new how to fly on a flying mount! Buy this tome that lets you remember for only 5000 gold!

I think you over estimate the number of players who regularly use fan sites
    You underestimate it. A lot I'm sure.

Signature Created by Jassinta

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather blizzard just design around the content and modes of travel we have had for years instead of removing it for a limited time.
    Trouble with that is, there isn't a practical way to do it. Flying will be able to ignore everything, unless it is some incredibly annoying knock off mechanic and it would be better to not fly than have that happen (stupid bomb hotspot in storm peaks comes to mind).

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Yeah but it is new to restrict it at level cap. And questing hasn't been the only way to level for a long time, for people who really hate ground travel.
    No it's not. When did flying first get introduced?

Right, The Burning Crusade at Level 70!!! Seems like that was level cap for The Burning Crusade if I'm not mistaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then as the poster 2 above you suggested, they should develop ways to get around it. Use a cave for example. Or incorporate things that dismount you rather than just saying my character forgot how to fly because of some stupid reason like..OH MY! We went back in time to before you new how to fly on a flying mount! Buy this tome that lets you remember for only 5000 gold!
    Yes let's change the game to Buildings/Caves of Warcraft, instead of World. Everything has to be in intricate caves or buildings so deep that it takes a decent chunk of time to actually get through them. Or just turn off flying for some time and achieve the same results?

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    No it's not. When did flying first get introduced?

Right, The Burning Crusade at Level 70!!! Seems like that was level cap for The Burning Crusade if I'm not mistaken.
    There weren't any flying mounts in vanilla, so nothing to restrict. Since the introduction of them, we've been able to fly at max level. Something we can't do in WoD. Semantics are fun, right?

Deleted
    i will miss it - but i'm a mage so i got portals and a HS where i mostly need it.

I'd like to still be able to use flying mounts as ground mounts. If that's the case, I'm fine with it.

Trouble with that is, there isn't a practical way to do it. Flying will be able to ignore everything, unless it is some incredibly annoying knock off mechanic and it would be better to not fly than have that happen (stupid bomb hotspot in storm peaks comes to mind).
    Yea cause daze isn't incredibly annoying already and yet that is still in game.

If they can't design something a little more better than a daze mechanic (which they can't seem to do) they should just leave flying alone and take up finger painting in the old home for video game designers.

Things can be created to circumvent flying in some areas and it doesn't always have to be caves or buildings but removing it till blizzard just decides 4 months later to hand it right back is rather stupid for a video game company to do at this point in the game life.

Has anyone mentioned how they (Blizzard devs) have stated multiple times that there will be plenty of flight points to ease the lack of flying mounts?