Thread: Quick question!

Quick question!

I'm an ilvl 564 Retribution Paladin
    Armory:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mertime/simple

I am pulling off 530-540k DPS Maximum (Burst), and here is my question, it might sound noobish.

Do I have to line up my cooldowns AKA (AW (Avenging Wrath) + Guardian) with my trinket procs? Because I never do, I just always pop cds at the start of the encounter.

I'm trying to pull off as much dps as I can.
    Last edited by hamod123; 2014-02-07 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hamod123 View Post
    IDo I have to line up my cooldowns AKA (AW (Avenging Wrath) + Guardian) with my trinket procs? Because I never do, I just always pop cds at the start of the encounter.
    Your two trinkets will proc really quickly anyway, and their duration is way, way less than the duration of Avenging Wrath and Guardian, so I think you'll be safe.

You have mining and herbalism as professions..........
    Last edited by Brummie; 2014-02-08 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brummie View Post
    You have mining and herbalism as professions..........
    I think its much more appropriate if you tell me what I can do to improve instead of pointing out things with no evidence or supporting information to convince me that I should do something about it.

I think its much more appropriate if you tell me what I can do to improve instead of pointing out things with no evidence or supporting information to convince me that I should do something about it.
    I... I don't even know what you mean by this.

Mining provides stamina, herbalism provides a haste boost on use, the former is useless for a DPS boost and the latter is extremely weak, especially with our current haste levels.

you asked for help maxing dps, changing your professions to better support your dps would be what he was saying (IE tailoring+engineering etc)

quick icy veins lookup which is not very accurate in my expierence because it can become outdated quickly, never the less:
    Tailoring and Engineering is currently the best profession combination for Retribution Paladins. Tailoring is good because it provides an attack power bonus that is greater than that from other professions, and the proc lines up nicely with other trinket procs.

Engineering should be your second profession, as it provides you with Synapse Springs, which you can line up with Execution Sentence, and with other cooldowns.

Blacksmithing is a viable alternative to Tailoring. It provides a Haste Rating increase higher than that offered by any other profession.

but as was mentioned above, haste levels at this point its better to go for some other bonus

10+ Year Old Account
    you should also spec SW instead of DP , it will make a huge difference to your burst and overall single target dps.. really DP is only good for a few fights in SoO when compared to SW
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by KOMO1211 View Post
    you asked for help maxing dps, changing your professions to better support your dps would be what he was saying (IE tailoring+engineering etc)

quick icy veins lookup which is not very accurate in my expierence because it can become outdated quickly, never the less:
    Tailoring and Engineering is currently the best profession combination for Retribution Paladins. Tailoring is good because it provides an attack power bonus that is greater than that from other professions, and the proc lines up nicely with other trinket procs.

Engineering should be your second profession, as it provides you with Synapse Springs, which you can line up with Execution Sentence, and with other cooldowns.

Blacksmithing is a viable alternative to Tailoring. It provides a Haste Rating increase higher than that offered by any other profession.

but as was mentioned above, haste levels at this point its better to go for some other bonus
    I've just maxed Tailoring & Engineering just like you suggested, and I've seen slight DPS increase. Thanks

you should also spec SW instead of DP , it will make a huge difference to your burst and overall single target dps.. really DP is only good for a few fights in SoO when compared to SW
    I only spec DP for a few fights in SoO, and mostly to do low level instances, which is the mostly the reason I had it on, but yes I agree with you, and I do actually use SW most of the times, thanks for pointing that out!