Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Elaborate on get first, and i'll answer.

It's such an open statement i could interpret many things out of it, key amongst them, ignorance.
    I'm getting ethnocentric here. And somewhat racist. "You have to be black to understand" Whites just lack the capacity.

Lets make a list of black accomplishments to honor their history. I will start, Peanut butter. Mashing peanuts into paste. Recipe or invention?.

Elaborate on get first, and i'll answer.

It's such an open statement i could interpret many things out of it, key amongst them, ignorance.
    You would get the relation and what I ment by those things if you knew basic post war of 1812 american history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    You would get the relation and what I ment by those things if you knew basic post war of 1812 american history.
    "You guys can't get black history."

Why?

"You're not black"

That's just laudable in stupidity, no, really, it is.

I can understand it, i appreciate it, i empathize with it.

Yet you tell me i can't "Get" it due to me being white?

Or not a minority?

That's disgusting.

Deleted
    Sorry, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Yeah, it's not like English people didn't get taken as slaves by the vikings.
    Since you aren't from the U.S. you probably don't know that much about our history. Blacks where slaves less than 150 years ago whites where slaves to (other white vikings by the way) what 1000 years ago? And this is about American Black history nothing relating to what happened in Europe.
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Deleted

Why?

"You're not black"

Or not a minority?

That's disgusting.
    Get back to me when you understand slavery after having never been in it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    Black people in America today have never been in it either.

Since you aren't from the U.S. you probably don't know that much about our history. Blacks where slaves less than 150 years ago whites where slaves to (other white vikings by the way) what 1000 years ago? And this is about American Black history nothing relating to what happened in Europe.
    Why does the time matter?

Deleted
    Morality aside, what exactly is involved in black history month? Is it just a school thing? How strictly is it observed?

How would a white person relate to there ancestors being a slave and how would a black guy relate his being in the Holocaust?
    My family line is Irish / Scottish and I have no problem with British people.

History doesn't give you the right to march forward in ignorance and try and change/better things regardless of race, culture or creed. You can learn from history and do your best to understand it but if you use it as a hammer to further your own hatred you are no better than what History has shown to you.

Why?

"You're not black"

Or not a minority?

That's disgusting.
    Unless you experienced it pretty much nobody in this current age will get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    No one is doing that.
    That's how it's perceived to the outside world. The fact that black people still address each other as "Niggers" is one of those things. The topics of slavery and racial injustice that most black comedians or media personalities talk about indicates that there still is a very large demand for that type of content from the public. Black history month to remind yourself where you came from and the struggle to where you stand today. Martin Luther King day, this being one of the more sensible things to commemorate but still very much a reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Morality aside, what exactly is involved in black history month? Is it just a school thing? How strictly is it observed?
    School kids might watch a video or something, some people make speeches, maybe there's some documentaries on TV. Its really not a big thing.

Deleted
    Blacks captured European slaves, if you were educated to a sufficient degree.

It wasn't as widespread as the slave trade we exploited, but it occurred.

And women, white women amongst others are enslaved to this very day.

Doing what?

Being raped, kidnapped by gangs in the east and transported to whatever hub practices illegal prostitution.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you experienced it pretty much nobody in this current age will get it.
    So African Americans can't get there own history?

This...

Is hilarious.

Continue.

Did you say American blacks have never been in Slavery? Are you serious?

Deleted

Why does the time matter?
    People who saw Obama elected, especially blacks - were very emotionally moved by this fact for a reason.
    The lineage or the time since the happening - is so short, that it is relevant to proclaim that Blacks have a closer relation to that culture and ideas (Blues for example) - Then whites actually do.

Also, "Why does time matter". Yeah. Why does it matter. Why aren't you mad about something that happened 50 years ago, but mad about something that happened now? Amirite?

Deleted
    Did you say American blacks have never been in Slavery? Are you serious?
    No, I said black people today haven't been in it.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Am I going to have to explain how "nigga" is a different connotation and carries a different meaning then "nigger"?

I mean, I disagree with the negative reaction when a white person uses the former to. But..come on.

Blacks captured European slaves, if you were educated to a sufficient degree.

It wasn't as widespread as the slave trade we exploited, but it occurred.

And women, white women amongst others are enslaved to this very day.

Doing what?

Being raped, kidnapped by gangs in the east and transported to whatever hub practices illegal prostitution.

- - - Updated - - -

So African Americans can't get there own history?

This...

Is hilarious.

Continue.
    So you're going to tell me you can relate to slavery just as much as a slave can? Because you read about it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    Understand?

I can understand it, i've never experienced it, never been in a slave ship or been lashed for looking at a white person in the eyes; But neither have you.

You don't require to experience slavery to understand it, and to realize how awful it is.