Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    Deleted

How many servers are "Dead"?

Hey, I'm a player on the EU-Trollbane realm.
    I'm wondering how many low populated (read dead) realms are out there that need attention.

I've been playing on this server since Vanilla, and it used to be a dense, fun realm (Having major loading times if you logged in Dalaran ).
    But since late Cata, its only been going down, to the point we have 9 guilds who have made the wowprogress list (killd 1 boss).
    Everyone that wants progress has only one option, full guild migrate.. And a lot did.
    After today we are the only guild left who's doing hc's next week since yet another guild left.

I think last week there was a free transfer to our server, but hey, with only 2-4 active pve guilds, who would be stupid enough to do that .

So are we the only server who has this problem? Or is this more a common problem that Blizzard needs to look at AND FIX.

EDIT: As i like the response this thread is getting, it would be great if we could keept it as it is ( wich one are dead AND the alive servers)
    Lets keep the "Discussions on how to solve it" in the other threads, so we have a cleaner page on how bad the situation is getting.

Thanks and keep it going

Edit 2: Guys, keep it to naming dead servers, DONT make this annother "what to do" thread that ends in flame wars.
    Last edited by mmoc97e9cbc56a; 2013-04-13 at 06:06 AM.

Deleted
    EU-Ravencrest Horde is also dead.
    Since its a pvp server the last few horde players are leaving, making it an all alliance server.

Migrated a few weeks ago, and having alot of fun in the game again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloem View Post
    Since its a pvp server the last few horde players are leaving, making it an all alliance server.

Same, EU-Laughing Skull, DEAD (horde, alliance is 10 times worse, have alliance toon too). Guild has been struggling to replace 2 lost players for 2 months now, 2 months!.. moved a couple of chars to Al'Akir and its like playing a different game.. Chat is busy, guilds making progress, AH massive, lots going on, all the time.. Main is still on LS, but for how long, not long i think.

EU-Scarshield Legion isn't dead-dead, but there are seven guilds listed on WoWProgress. Three horde, four alliance.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/sporeggar

Prolly the best server out there. 262 lvl 90 chars. Yea this would deserve some serious watch by Blizzard its riddiculous.

The question is, is it even worth running a server when there is 262 lvl 90 chars? Can they even get the money from the players in there to cover the server costs.
    Last edited by Vashi; 2013-04-11 at 08:46 AM.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

They should have started merging realms LONG ago!

Its pathetic they use the "identical name" excuse for NOT doing so, I'm sure 99.999999% would trade their name for a living realm any day, to me it just seems like they are scared of doing the mergers because it will make people start yelling "the game is dieing", and look bad to their shareholders.

Mergers could save a LOT of people from quitting the game. But hey atleast they can milk people with the FORCED character transfer fee. Because when they open up free migration its always to some really shit realm noone in their right mind would transfer to anyways. And people on low pop realms are forced to PAY to get away from their dead shithole.

To me it just seems like pure greed, that they aren't fixing the problem with mergers.
    Last edited by Nelle; 2013-04-11 at 08:48 AM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

EU Tarren Mill Alliance dead 1 raiding guild, had to migrate : (

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloem View Post

I invested a lot in Ravencrest. All my major characters are there...
    Now it's 1:10 Horde Alliance. I feel sad.
    What is worth fighting for?

Jaedenar horde is dead and Alliance has about 50 players tops.

Deleted
    balnazzar have been dead since wotlk

Deleted
    I can't recommend migrating enough, it might be expensive for some but once you get to a decent realm it is totally worth it.

Deleted
    Feel so sorry for all of you, my server Hellfire-EU has at most 20 'ACTIVE' raiding guilds and I considered it dead.

Quote Originally Posted by proSpiney View Post
    Hey, I'm a player on the EU-Trollbane realm.
    I'm wondering how many low populated (read dead) realms are out there that need attention.

I've been playing on this server since Vanilla, and it used to be a dense, fun realm (Having major loading times if you logged in Dalaran ).
    But since late Cata, its only been going down, to the point we have 9 guilds who have made the wowprogress list (killd 1 boss).
    Everyone that wants progress has only one option, full guild migrate.. And a lot did.
    After today we are the only guild left who's doing hc's next week since yet another guild left.

I think last week there was a free transfer to our server, but hey, with only 2-4 active pve guilds, who would be stupid enough to do that .

So are we the only server who has this problem? Or is this more a common problem that Blizzard needs to look at AND FIX.
    I migrated to Trollbane from Burning Blade back in 2005 or 6 back when we got free migration and always feel it is my 'home realm', I don't play anymore and spent my last year or so on Jaedenar when the guild I was in migrated but this is very sad to hear. Trollbane used to have a great community on the forums, on IRC and even on it's own site.
    Last edited by Beasty; 2013-04-11 at 09:11 AM.

burning steppes-eu

no active raiding guilds that i know. last ones rerolled or moved away.
    ally side was dead since start, some tried but they also moved.
    both sides are pretty much emty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just join EU~Outland, A world will open for you all.

200,000 Players.
    Queue from 18.00 till 23.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Online players now: (EU)
    Vashj Alliance: 13 players online from range level: 1-90 LOW REALM
    Vashj Horde: 41 players online same range 1-90 LOW REALM
    And every low tagged realm have from 10 to max 150-200 players in peak time

Neptulon-EU Horde side is completely dead. There is no man in Orgri. So sad. There used to be people around

Deleted
    I play on Trollbane EU - Ally and yes, there's that feeling of a lonely wolf. AH is dreadful, Cities seem deserted, dunno if Horde side still has fewer population but its starting to be a bit overdramatic problem.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    thirty-six of em dead, twenty more suffering