Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Movie] Most underated movie I've seen

I was fortunate to happen to watch "Knight and Day" lately, with Cruise and Diaz, and I thought it was an extremely fun movie. One of the best movies I've watched in the last decade in terms of refreshing and fun. The mix of action/twist/romance/comedy is exactly what I want from a movie. I kinda missed that I guess.

Yet the ratings regarding the movie were bad.

What is your opinion about that particular movie?
    Also which do you consider the most underated movie you've seen?

10+ Year Old Account
    In Bruges.

Seriously I don't know a single person that DOESN'T love that movie, yet it was a comercial flop.

Trust me, MMO-C's if you haven't go RIGHT NOW and watch In Bruges. You'll not regret it.

Also, Where the Wild Things Are. Quite possibly the most beautiful movie I've ever seen.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Knowing starring Nicolas Cage. It's a pretty well thought out movie, especially the last 15 minutes. Fun little "what if" movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    Knowing starring Nicolas Cage. It's a pretty well thought out movie, especially the last 15 minutes. Fun little "what if" movie.
    I second this, one of its kind. In a good way.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Knight and day is Excellent! i LOVE IT!

As for underrated movies i have in mind the film "Cypher". Found it in very good Quality and full length on YouTube and didnt expect much, but was entertained very well.
    I am not sure if ist underrated tho as i never have heard anyone talking about it at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Underrated as in not mentioned or appreciated enough I'd have to say The Road. That ending had me in tears. Great storytelling and great acting all the way. Wasn't something I was expecting when I read it was post apocalyptic but it a unique spin on the genre and the issues within it between a father and son. Very moving movie. Should be noticed.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    The only way the ending to that film could have been worse is if he'd woken up and it'd all been a dream.

Don't get me wrong it started well enough but it just built and built and got more and more absurd until you could see the plot corner they'd painted themselves into.

That's not to say you can't like it (please don't take this the wrong way) I love films for this very reason, one man's Gone with the Wind is another man's Ed Wood, there's no right or wrong answer

On topic, I really liked Push (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465580/) it's not perfect by any stretch but I just liked it's take on a mutant / sci fi film.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    In Bruges.

Seriously I don't know a single person that DOESN'T love that movie, yet it was a comercial flop.

Trust me, MMO-C's if you haven't go RIGHT NOW and watch In Bruges. You'll not regret it.

Also, Where the Wild Things Are. Quite possibly the most beautiful movie I've ever seen.
    Definatly, It's my favorite film!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Honestly though I'd be amazed if the xpac took that long, even taking Blizzard's soon(tm) into consideration. If it doesn't come out before October it means there are some serious issues behind the scenes and it's time to abandon ship like an Italian cruiseliner captain.

Deleted
    Cloud Atlas

Because yes

I actually enjoyed this movie. The scene with the motorcycle and the bulls with the music was perfect.

Ink would be my underrated movie as most people have never heard of it but I think it's amazing.

I personally thought where the wild things are was just beyond weird and creepy and disturbing.

And cloud atlas I couldn't understand half the movie even with subtitles on and was not a fan.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    Cloud Atlas

Because yes
    I was totally thinking about Cloud Atlas, I loved that movie so much. Man, that's even one of my favourite movies ever. It deserves much more attention.

"The Other Guys" funniest movie since old school....

Deleted
    Children of Men. I fucking love that film. Looks like i'll add Knight and Day to my watch list, since the last film suggestion I got off this forum was Tucker And Dale fight Evil which was actually pretty decent.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Faster

A decent story considering it is an action film.
    You cared enough to post.

I personally did not like Knight and Day. I thought it was a typical action no plot type of movie that left me bored.
    I think one of the most underrated movies at least in the sci fi genre is the movie Sunshine. Though it is somewhat slow moving it ends up being amazing especially the ending. Be forewarned though whoever handled the sound on this movie messed up because you have to crank the volume to hear the dialogue and then turn it down when the music starts booming. The soundtrack for the movie will sound very familiar as it has been used in movies before and after with different versions. I do enjoy the music though.

For me it was Eyes Wide Shut. Absolutely loved the whole atmosphere and sound. Other people called it slow but I thought it moved along just right.

If anyone here decides to watch this movie again all I want you to think about is the color red and it being the road to perdition.

Deleted
    All time,

Ping Pong (2002) aka. Pingu-Pongu
    The Fountain
    Night Watch aka. Nochnoy Dozor
    Closer.

For relatively recent movies,

Pandorum
    The Mist.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2014-02-12 at 01:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    In Bruges.

Underrated?! In which world? It has 8/10 on imdb, only 0.2 points less than The Sixth Sense, a timeless classic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Waterworld! It's not my favorite movie of all time or anything, but I enjoy it, and it's a 6.0 on IMDb.

I've seen 3 of Brad Anderson's movies: The Machinist, Session 9, and Transsiberian. I thought they were all good, and The Machinist is the only one that's over a 7 on IMDb.

I think Vanilla Sky*, The Fountain, Strange Days, Primer, Source Code, and Dark City are all to some degree underrated/underappreciated sci-fi. Children of Men and Moon are 7.9 and 8.0 on IMDb, which I think is still too low; those are both great movies.

*I don't disagree that the original, Abre los Ojos, is better; I have both and was supposed to hate Vanilla Sky but didn't.

Definitely going to watch In Bruges. It's one I've almost watched a few times but haven't gotten around to, if that makes any sense. Thanks for the recommendation, OP.

@vindicatorx Yeah, Equilibrium. Good call. Somehow I didn't hear about it until a few years after it had been out. Actually, I think the Wikipedia article on gun-fu introduced me to it and I remember checking it out and thinking "How have I never heard of this movie?"
    Last edited by Mnevis; 2014-02-12 at 09:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Equilibrium was really good it just happened to not get the hype it deserved.