Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    Then I don't know what you're talking about. Utility has been pretty nice, and overall design has been fantastic.
    This is where we disagree. What we had in Cata was fantastic and there was no reason to change it. The synergy between spells, a nice fluid rotation, movement wasn't so costly, we had an actual DPS cooldown, good single target/multi-target DPS, nice set bonuses, etc.

It's hard to find things I actually like about Shadow right now. I suppose I like how hard DP hits(though I'd prefer even damage throughout the duration, but they took that away too for no good reason), and Cascade is pretty cool though I never really get to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Sigh, I hate Insanity... hate that I have to use it to be even decent. Guess we'll have to wait till lvl 100 to switch to some kind of dotless MS-MB rotation via Divine Clarity...
    Same, but I'm not at all a fan of a DoT-less rotation. I hope the level 100 talents change a bit before they go live(which I'm sure they will).

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post

Same, but I'm not at all a fan of a DoT-less rotation. I hope the level 100 talents change a bit before they go live(which I'm sure they will).
    If you don't like then don't choose it. It is by any means silly to have it changed for everyone that would like to pick the talent just because a few people would never choose. What are choices for anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    If you don't like then don't choose it. It is by any means silly to have it changed for everyone that would like to pick the talent just because a few people would never choose. What are choices for anyway?
    If it's the best talent then I have to take it. I'm in a heroic progression guild; taking anything less than optimal is just hurting the group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.
    i'm using this as a quote..lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    If it's the best talent then I have to take it. I'm in a heroic progression guild; taking anything less than optimal is just hurting the group.
    I believe you understand why this variation for lvl 100 talents is important? One is burst, another is focused single target and the other is multidot. Due to blizz trying to balance all of these together in one spec (current shadow), we are having the monstrous imbalance that makes us underpowered in PvE just for the sake of us not being overpowered in cases like multidot or pvp burst.

Given the WoD talents, those performance needs are distributed and we will get the most of our options in order to be competitive in every aspect we need to be. In other words, I doubt that the full burst rotation would be the best option in a patchwerk fight, although it would shine in a fight like galakras or spoils. As for the multidot spec, we will specialize just for that reason so that no more nerf excuses will be based on that.

I'd better they remove Insanity completely. The mechanic is awful due to insane amount of movement required in modern boss fights. Something like "10% damage increase per orb for XX amount of time" instead would be nice.
    Oh, and by the way I'd love to have synergy between glyphed Mind Spike and FDCL back. It was gorgeous.
    Last edited by l33t; 2014-02-13 at 11:51 AM.

tbh I hope they throw that terrible mechanic in the garbage for WoD.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    That's why they're going to do it.
    Wish they would just remove FdcL anyway.. the rng factor is horrible and mindspike should have a cool filler role instead of waiting for what 3 fucking procs to come up before you can do some cool damage.. btw it's dispellable..

- - - Updated - - -

Wish they would just remove FdcL anyway.. the rng factor is horrible and mindspike should have a cool filler role instead of waiting for what 3 fucking procs(Mb proc is enought already) to come up before you can do some cool damage.. btw it's dispellable..

Insanity and mindbender are the only 2 that make your rotation some what on demand when you need it.. Spriest were never a proc spec.. FDCL was never fun to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

and seriously mmo-champion fucking fix the edit button already.

Eh guys. I'm pretty sure the OP is talking about PvP :P
    And 50% of the people are talking about PvE and the rest about PvP :P

Soo,
    For PvE: I love insanity. :P
    For PvP: Unfortunately in 3s insanity isn't a viable pick vs any meleecleave/meleecaster/spellcleave with a shaman. For any spellcleave w/o a shaman though insanity is really strong.

If anything spriests should become much less turret than they are right now, with a passive Insanity, we'd be forced to root ourselves for max dps regardless of talent choices (of course mainly speaking from PvE, but being balanced around passive Insanity would also hurt PvP as Zoulis pointed out).

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    If anything spriests should become much less turret than they are right now, with a passive Insanity, we'd be forced to root ourselves for max dps regardless of talent choices (of course mainly speaking from PvE, but being balanced around passive Insanity would also hurt PvP as Zoulis pointed out).
    Passive Insanity opens a new Talent slot. If the new talent was something like Mind Flay is now castable while moving, but 25-50% movement penalty (only while casting MF so no debuff like KJC) and increases MF damage by 25%, then your demands would be met.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Passive Insanity opens a new Talent slot. If the new talent was something like Mind Flay is now castable while moving, but 25-50% movement penalty (only while casting MF so no debuff like KJC) and increases MF damage by 25%, then your demands would be met.
    How much i wish something like that would happen, casting while moving isn't something they are promoting at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Which they would never do because they want LESS moving while casting, not more.

Deleted
    MFI is one of the only skill based talents we have. I would love it to become baseline, and I love the design behind the spell overall.

Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    MFI is one of the only skill based talents we have. I would love it to become baseline, and I love the design behind the spell overall.
    What's to love about it? And what skill exactly? Gauging if/when to refresh DoTs when your third orb is coming up(affdots can do this by itself really)? Clipping it to get extra ticks? There's nothing that hard about it. It's only a fancy Mind Flay, one which is such a crutch for us DPS wise that any kind of movement while DP is up pretty crippling.
    Last edited by Cerbz; 2014-02-14 at 07:40 PM.

Deleted
    any kind of movement while DP is up pretty crippling

Dont cast DP before you move ?

Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    any kind of movement while DP is up pretty crippling

Dont cast DP before you move ?
    You're losing up time by not casting it because you'll have to interrupt it for Mind Blast since it'll come off CD before DP is over.

This is also what I hate about DI, you'll end up having to channel Insanity out of the blue and you'll occasionally have to let DoTs fall off because Insanity is top priority and that feels gross IMO.
    Last edited by Cerbz; 2014-02-14 at 09:27 PM.

Deleted
    Please no, Instanity is the worst designed spell in the whole spriest toolkit and I absolutely hate it. Becoming even less mobile as sp which already is bad during movement is painful. Also having main dmg source tied to filler is a very bad design and source of shadow clunkyness.

I hope blizzard gets rid of it and just buff our other spells. I would be happy with shadowform buff (25->30/35%) and brining back in swp buff. It would improve our single target damage to medicore level which is ok since our multidot would become really strong and we would have our niche back (beacuse now there is no reason to bring sp to the raid since we arent topping even best scenario fights if we aren't cheesing).