Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    irresponsible pet owner... people like you shouldn't have pets. it's MUCH more humane for animals to waste away from illness/starve or be put down as strays than to neuter your cat. fucking brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    Perhaps a screen, or closing the window?

And nobody really cares about your foot. We're more worried about the potentially hundreds of bastard kittens being produced by your cat, the majority of which starve or are euthanized.
    as I said, the cats around here react very once in a while. I don't remember the last time a female was around here at all. when there's a female around, I know it, because he meows the whole day on top of a wall. it's such a sporadic event that I don't believe he could have possibly had kittens more than 3 times in his life.

with the amount and the size of the other male cats who fight him for it? I'd bet he's still a virgin lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    wait until he starts spraying inside your place. Then you won't be able to get him fixed fast enough....and it'll probably be too late then.
    he only starts spraying the house when I bring a new kitten in, but it stops after a few days as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where I'm from the euthanized cats were just cremated, and it smells awful. The solution is obvious; don't let any species reproduce ever. That will solve our problems wouldn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    1 - how do you suggest that I keep him inside if he leaves through the windows?
    I'm starting to think this thread is just a joke. I don't think anyone is this stupid.

"I wonder how to stop animals passing through an open window" Umm... I don't know? close it?

I've always kept my cats inside because my first 2 cats ended up coming back with serious injuries caused by other cats and assholes. Both ended up dying from these injuries. I have no problems keeping them in.

once every 6 months or so, one female cat appears around in the neightborhood, the males start fighting for her, and in a few days it's over. one of the males gets her, it could be my cat or any of the many others. my cat gets to experience the joy of a wild life and the safety of a domestic life at the same time, and he's never been injured besides a few scratches which I promptly treat.
    The possibility of there being more female cats exist. Again, simply because you have not seen it does not mean it does not exist.

I see a lot of people thinking that they should dictate animals how they should live their lives. humans aren't that important. you don't own the world.
    So why the fuck do you even own a pet at all? That's dictating the way it lives its life in some manner.

You'd also be improving its quality of life as well as the length. And just because he hasn't been hit by a car or poisoned somehow doesn't mean it can't happen in the future.

Close the fucking windows? Get screens? Are you really so helpless?

2 - how would keeping him inside make him stop attacking my foot? if anything, not being able to spend energy outside would make him even more likely to attack my foot. my foot is inside too.
    Getting him neutered will make him stop attacking your foot in all likelihood. If you don't want to get him neutered, then fucking deal with it. You chose to have a pet, if he isn't taking to training and you refuse other options, deal with it.

I think this thread is going way too off-topic. I shouldn't have mentioned castration at all. I came here for suggestions of something he could bite instead of my foot, and instead I see a lot of almighty gods who want to rule over nature. a waste of my time.

I think this thread is going way too off-topic. I shouldn't have mentioned castration at all. I came here for suggestions of something he could bite instead of my foot, and instead I see a lot of almighty gods who want to rule over nature. a waste of my time.
    You are wanting to rule over nature by having a pet at all. You are fucking partaking in the glory that is technology, derived from the mastery of nature.

Stop being a douchey hypocrite and accept that you are wrong about this.

Since you refuse to neuter your cat you're condoning rape. Congratulations.

what you mean to say is you're too dim to see the reality that when you took that cat you became responsible for it and anything it does.

you're also a shit pet parent for letting your cat outside to roam. there are people who will hurt them just for the lulz. take responsibility for your animal or give it to someone who will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Says the one that owns a pet. Oh the irony!

Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    Says the one that owns a pet. Oh the irony!
    tell me how I rule over my cat. he asks for food, I give him food. he wants to stay somewhere, I let him stay. I do not control him. I just feed him and let him do whatever he wants. if anything, he rules over me lol

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you aren't willing to discipline him for bad behavior because its 'too cute' you will never break the habit. Additionally, try what a few people have suggested, play with him with cat toys that don't involved him biting you. Scratch posts, try feliway too.

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is this really your comment?
    What the irony, you have a pet, a PET !!!!, cat's weren't like that originally in the nature, they had predators. This is madness D:
    Irresponsible owner, you should not be able to own a pet.
    OBEY THE PUG!

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhamaren View Post
    DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is this really your comment?
    What the irony, you have a pet, a PET !!!!, cat's weren't like that originally in the nature, they had predators, what you have doesn't have, you are only leading into chaos.
    Irresponsible owner, you should not be able to own a pet.
    than come here and take my the cat, if you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    once every 6 months or so, one female cat appears around in the neightborhood, the males start fighting for her, and in a few days it's over. one of the males gets her, it could be my cat or any of the many others. my cat gets to experience the joy of a wild life and the safety of a domestic life at the same time, and he's never been injured besides a few scratches which I promptly treat.

I see a lot of people thinking that they should dictate animals how they should live their lives. humans aren't that important. you don't own the world.
    Well, if a deer farts in a forest when there is no one around, does it stinks? If you don't see or hear cats, it doesn't mean they don't exist.

Now you make "hey, if i don't do it, others will do it!" excuse. I think if you will see open car you won't be able to fight an urge to sit in it and drive it to your place.

Now you tell that you let your cat to fight other stray cats? Great way to get decease. And implying that you can't keep your cat from attacking your foot, and you can't stop him escaping home via windows doesn't give your "i promptly treat" argument any credit.

- - - Updated - - -

2 - how would keeping him inside make him stop attacking my foot? if anything, not being able to spend energy outside would make him even more likely to attack my foot. my foot is inside too.
    as I said, the cats around here react very once in a while. I don't remember the last time a female was around here at all. when there's a female around, I know it, because he meows the whole day on top of a wall. it's such a sporadic event that I don't believe he could have possibly had kittens more than 3 times in his life.

with the amount and the size of the other male cats who fight him for it? I'd bet he's still a virgin lol

- - - Updated - - -

he only starts spraying the house when I bring a new kitten in, but it stops after a few days as well.

Okay

And for the topic, just desex cat and problem solved.

than come here and take my the cat, if you can.
    lol got a thug up in diz bish

i pity your cat and any other pets you might ever own.

tell me how I rule over my cat. he asks for food, I give him food. he wants to stay somewhere, I let him stay. I do not control him. I just feed him and let him do whatever he wants. if anything, he rules over me lol
    Are you posting on an internet forum seeking for advice on how to prevent him from doing something.

You seek to control his behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    You are wanting to rule over nature by having a pet at all. You are fucking partaking in the glory that is technology, derived from the mastery of nature.

Stop being a douchey hypocrite and accept that you are wrong about this.
    Judging from the tone of posts, you're being the douche. Just saying.

sorry, but I just don't believe I have the right to cut a part of his body. mankind is so full of itself, believing it has the right to choose who gets to reproduce and who doesn't.
    By that logic you shouldn't be 'so full of yourself' and own another animal. Release it into its natural habitat.

If you're not going to make any efforts to properly domesticate your pet then don't complain when it acts in a savage manner.