Page 1 of 2
LastLast

opener bursting for enhancement.

May I know what do I start off with as a opener and back to normal rotations?

From http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-MoP-Patch-5-3 granted it's from 5.3 but if you need any more clarification I'd ask in that thread.
    D. Ideal Fight Opener Sequence

**There will be some fights where this might not apply to (TwinEmps in MSV for example) as this is for optimal full burst dps right off the bat so you can use your 5/3/2 min CDs again ASAP (this will also be ignored on short fights or fights where you need to hold your 5/3min CDs for a specific burst phase)**
    Pre-pull

Searing Totem > Spirit Walk > Pre-pot > Spirit Wolves

Opener (i.e. while running into melee range after tank engages the fight)

UE > FS (both this and UE should be still at range) > FET > SS > Ascendance+Stormlash Totem > SS > LL > normal priority

*Use EM in conjunction with Ascendance if you talent it*
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    From http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-MoP-Patch-5-3 granted it's from 5.3 but if you need any more clarification I'd ask in that thread.
    Only thing i would add to this is using EM before your flame shock and not after flameshock between SS and Ascendance.
    You gain more out of your flame shock and since EM lasts 20 seconds and ascendance lasts 15 its not like you lose a GCD or two of EM during ascendance.

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

Quote Originally Posted by Felocity View Post
    Only thing i would add to this is using EM before your flame shock and not after flameshock between SS and Ascendance.
    You gain more out of your flame shock and since EM lasts 20 seconds and ascendance lasts 15 its not like you lose a GCD or two of EM during ascendance.
    Yep, you can also get one more refreshed UE/EM flame shock before EM drops.

I personally drop my fire elemental totem at 0 on the pull timer before I ue.
    so i spirit walk, wolves at 2, prepot/fire ele at 0 and go on with this opener

Don't UE or FS until you are in melee range as you will trigger your legendary cloak before you get in range to hit with it.

Completly off topic but Felocity you need to change your pic, you arent in Huge in Japan anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumael View Post
    Completly off topic but Felocity you need to change your pic, you arent in Huge in Japan anymore.
    Azreal. Go home, you're drunk.

-This is speaking from a 574 ilvl 13/14H Enhancement Shaman -

I've tried the opener that Ansible has linked for quite a while. It works well for some bosses, but generally speaking, you don't want to use your UE on the start because you'll lose some trinket uptime for when you use most of your abilities. See, if you run Haromm's, the proc uptime is only 10 sec. Now consider that Stormstrike/Stormblast is on a 8 second CD, you'll want to fit in your 2nd stormblast (3rd stormstrike) within that 10 second window. You also utilize that Unleash Wind (increased haste) during Ascendance so most of your burst is tied to it.

Basically, it should go like this:

pre-pot, wolves, FET/// you still haven't auto-attacked the boss so no trinket is up/// stormstrike (+eng gloves), ascendance, stormblast, UE, lava lash, LB, UE-FS, stormstrike

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumael View Post
    o
    Good call

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious why so many pop Wolves on the way instead of just lining them up with Ascendance+EM+Racials? They update dynamically anyway, they don't snapshot, so there's really no reason to pop Wolves before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    I'm curious why so many pop Wolves on the way instead of just lining them up with Ascendance+EM+Racials? They update dynamically anyway, they don't snapshot, so there's really no reason to pop Wolves before.
    They also dont warrant a global during your cooldowns.
    I would rather lose 2-3 seconds of wolves then push a global where i could be stormblasting/lavalashing/anythingelse with trinket procs.

They also dont warrant a global during your cooldowns.
    I would rather lose 2-3 seconds of wolves then push a global where i could be stormblasting/lavalashing/anythingelse with trinket procs.
    This is basically it, by the time the tank hits the boss I try to get my first SS off

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been popping Ascendance/Wolves/Racials/EM together for over a year now.
    I usually FE/pot -> UE->FS [in melee range] - SS - Ascendance/Wolves/Racial/EM macro -> Stormblast etc. There's normally not enough running time to hit FE, UE, FS AND Wolves before reaching melee range, that's just my take.
    Last edited by miffy23; 2014-01-22 at 03:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been popping Ascendance/Wolves/Racials/EM together for over a year now.
    Is how long you've been doing it for supposed to take away from the minor loss?;P

Not that its really that big of a deal but popping wolves prepull around the same time if not a second after prepot is the most beneficial
    Last edited by Felocity; 2014-01-22 at 03:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is how long you've been doing it for supposed to take away from the minor loss, im confused
    Certainly not. I don't even find it a loss in my experience. My burst is right where it should be normally, however i'm experimenting now.

I'm just playing around with it now - there is no way to instantly Stormblast with Ascendance going up, so i don'T see the advantage of removing Wolves from the macro so far.

Ascendance/Stormlash/EM/Racial macro seems to be proccing a global despite there not being a GCD trigger in there afaik, confuddled.

Nvm, Stormlash does ofc. So used to my old lazy macros I don't even know anymore.

Question is now, what's better: SS - macro - SB within a fraction of a second, or implement SS - macro /w Stormlash - SB after global, the majority of the fights will see either a lust pull or Stormlash pull anyway.
    Last edited by miffy23; 2014-01-22 at 03:48 PM.

The thing that shits me about our opener is how hectic it can be, like if we also have bloodlust and first stormlash to worry about.

I'm not sure exactly when to weave lash in either when I have to go first, before ascend? So like SS > Lash > Ascend > SB ?

EDIT - Miffy I just noticed your post count, so I thought I'd give you a screenie before you miss it >> http://i.imgur.com/yHF37Jp.png <<
    Last edited by xap; 2014-01-24 at 04:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xap View Post
    The thing that shits me about our opener is how hectic it can be, like if we also have bloodlust and first stormlash to worry about.

I'm not sure exactly when to weave lash in either when I have to go first, before ascend? So like SS > Lash > Ascend > SB ?

EDIT - Miffy I just noticed your post count, so I thought I'd give you a screenie before you miss it >> http://i.imgur.com/yHF37Jp.png <<
    Haha thx, I almost did miss it

As for lash/bl -> as the raidleader in my team I usually pop Bloodlust on my own, together with Stormlash. I then call out for the next Stormlashes in succession (we always have 2-3 shammies). If there's no lust pull, I simply hit Stormlash manually the split-second before i reach melee range. Not perfect, but it works. I'm sticking to my Ascendance/Racial/EM/Wolves macro, it loses me maybe 0.5 seconds but my burst is pretty optimal so i'm losing maybe a few single digits of xxx dps, so i'm not fussed.

Deleted
    Haha thx, I almost did miss it

As for lash/bl -> as the raidleader in my team I usually pop Bloodlust on my own, together with Stormlash. I then call out for the next Stormlashes in succession (we always have 2-3 shammies). If there's no lust pull, I simply hit Stormlash manually the split-second before i reach melee range. Not perfect, but it works. I'm sticking to my Ascendance/Racial/EM/Wolves macro, it loses me maybe 0.5 seconds but my burst is pretty optimal so i'm losing maybe a few single digits of xxx dps, so i'm not fussed.
    Quite curious.

Do you only have that macro ? I mean when you pop EM every now and then do you only do it with that macro ?
    I've been playing around with that kind of idea and i was bothered by those events. (Wanting to reserve EM for FET and Ascendance Off CD, for example).
    It might have been an error on my side (reserving too long, etc), but it's bothering me. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyckey View Post
    Quite curious.

Do you only have that macro ? I mean when you pop EM every now and then do you only do it with that macro ?
    I've been playing around with that kind of idea and i was bothered by those events. (Wanting to reserve EM for FET and Ascendance Off CD, for example).
    It might have been an error on my side (reserving too long, etc), but it's bothering me. ^^
    I have one macro for Ascendance/Feral/Racial/EM, with Feral/EM/Ascendance on the bars to track the cooldowns separately. After the initial burst i simply pop the macro again for the separate abilities coming off cooldown. You shouldn't reserve EM too long, say more than a few seconds. I only ever delay it by a few seconds waiting for my Feral Spirits to come off cd due to my Assurance trinket only being Flex grade. Apart from that, align your cooldowns with the fight. Most fights you can burn them instantly save for alignment delays like i just mentioned. Some you might want to portion them, such as Immerseus or Galakras on towers, Spoils minibosses etc.

Deleted
    So you don't keep EM off CD for, let's say, 30 sec for your Fire Elemental to be ready ?