The most blue dependant champion.

Was just wondering everyones thoughts on which champ mid laner or not, is the most blue dependant champion in the game.
    For awhile I would have said it was lux but once you get her build rolling all blue is really needed for is cdr.
    I just started playing leblanc and I think she is one of the most blue dependant champions ive ever played.

It's largely dependent on whether or not your opponent has blue, or doesn't use mana. If you don't have blue, and they do, it can be an issue, especially if they have strong wave clear. It's pretty huge on Ziggs for being able to bully people out of lane.

Deleted
    Anivia or Swain, there is no 3rd answer.

Urgot, but tear fixes that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Urgot, but tear fixes that.
    On anivia you need 2 mana regen item AND blue just to be safe that you won't be running oom any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapzer View Post
    I just started playing leblanc and I think she is one of the most blue dependant champions ive ever played.
    I've been playing as much LeBlanc as I've possibly could, since the 2014 Season started and I wouldn't say blue is needed on LeBlanc. (Assuming the enemy is a mana user and has no blue either.)
    Without blue, you simply have to manage your mana better. So you shouldn't go in to harass, unless you're certain that you'll hit your combo.
    Sure, her aggression and overall threat in lane falls without blue, due to her not being able to spam everything all the time, but she can easily get by without blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm you guys are in the past, while Anivia having a blue is nice, you can manage her mana better with the changes to her spells mana costs.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sokka View Post
    Umm you guys are in the past, while Anivia having a blue is nice, you can manage her mana better with the changes to her spells mana costs.
    Mana cost reduction only comes into play at levels 13+ so blue is still just as valuable as it always was. You should read up on the changes a little more carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Any champ called Swain or Anivia or any champ that cannot build Athene without severely gimping themselves (LB, Ahri, Kassadin)
    This. Birds in general seem to just eat up mana.

LB, Ahri and Kassadin are birds because they can fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Mana cost reduction only comes into play at levels 13+ so blue is still just as valuable as it always was. You should read up on the changes a little more carefully.
    I played her quite a bit already, that's my experience. Once you get chalice you have enough mana regen but I was pointing out that blue is still nice because you can push a bit harder.

Had junglers take my blue 3 times and I was fine though not happy, the mana changes made it bearable.
    Hey everyone

Swain and Nidalee

Swain for sure, so if your that stupid Lee jungle that thinks he deserves blue more than Swain, you are wrong.

Deleted
    I don't think any champ is DEPENDANT on blue (well.. maybe some spammy mana using junglers). But of course there are champs that benefit more from it more than others.

I always consider any mana based Jungler to be more blue dependent on than me (if I am mid) early/mid game. I would rather they clear quicker and stay at a relative/greater strength than the laners so their ganks are far more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Amontoya86 View Post
    Swain for sure, so if your that stupid Lee jungle that thinks he deserves blue more than Swain, you are wrong.
    If that Swain had died twice or more before second blue I'd be taking it regardless of what Jungler I am playing.
    Last edited by Dundebuns; 2014-02-20 at 12:51 PM.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Amontoya86 View Post
    I'm a jungler. In the end we decide who gets it, i almost always leave it to the mid but if you're feeding/got 12cs by the time second blue pops or cry for being babysat when the other jungler isn't camping you, forget about it.

Deleted
    As a Midlaner who has every champion, It's definately close between Swain and Anivia.
    Personally I feel Swain only needs it more badly if he is in a tough lane where he constantly has to ult, if he's in an easy lane and doesn't need alot of uptime on his ult, I feel like Anivia need's it more. My 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Karthus. The answer is always Karthus.

Not that he really needs more mana, but 20% CDR on his ult is huge.

You shouldn't give any laner buffs unless they are up and owning their lane, otherwise I keep it because I can carry with it

no mention of zilean?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Karthus. The answer is always Karthus.

Not that he really needs more mana, but 20% CDR on his ult is huge.
    Bronze logic right there. Also, blue buff is 10% CDR.