Combat gear questions

I have a few questions about combat. Currently I am assassination. I am gemmed for mainly agility with my stat prior being Mast>Haste>Crit. Would my gear work for combat without being altered or would I need to change it?

Do I Have to have weapons other then non-daggers? What is the downside to having a dagger in the off hand instead of something else? Is it a noticeable thing?

If my assass gear wont work for combat, whats the stat prior and gemming for combat?

1.Haste
    2.Haste
    3.Haste

Dagger OH or slow OH is minor difference, higher ilvl in offhand

Deleted
    Some rogues are gemming pure agi for combat since they switch between Spec alot its not optimal but its fine the dps oss is minal you will create a bigger dps loss by yourself so its ok. With the 4pc a slow off hand works better since you get more killing spree dmg. Check it in Shdowcraft. If your gear was haste>mastery>crit you would be ok to go combat and assass.

What's very important for combat is to be expertise capped, that is your first secondary stat priority. As Shadohw said the dps loss ain't that big to worry about, and yes 4p the cleave fights prefer a slower offhand due to KS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    If my assass gear wont work for combat, whats the stat prior and gemming for combat?
    As always, Shadowcraft will help you decide how to swap between specs. If you want to see what you're losing to use your assassination setup in combat, start in assassination, switch to combat (don't compare #s between specs, please), hit reforge/regem, and check to see how much higher combat would be with more ideal stats. If the answer is satisfactory (small enough), congrats, you don't need to change a thing. If you want to find a middle ground, tweak back and forth.