Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    10 mans are cancer anyway
    Sigh, people still perpetuate this nonsense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Quote Originally Posted by saraxp View Post
    Why stop using WOL? If you'll read my above post, it's an incredibly valuable tool to see where your raiders fall vs others of their chosen spec, especially so in a 25-man guild. Yes the numbers are skewed, but it's much better to use WoL than, say raidbots or proraiders, since they use WoL information anyway, and it's much more detailed if you know how to use it even in the slightest.
    World of Logs is a dying tool. The devs said something about not updating it anymore and letting it die out. It hasn't been updated since Octoberish and there's a lot of errors that have been abandoned. So with that WarcraftLogs was born. A lot of guilds are making the switch now.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    On Garrosh, do you do any special function that would lower your dps? We have one person burn the weapon and one person burn the engineer. The weapon more so, but both are a significant drop in damage. The weapon person loses much of the AOE damage that everyone else is getting.
    No Usually I target Garrosh, Aoe on weapon, aoe on an add. Ideally I just try and keep lb up in Garrosh, Weapon and one other target. I blink to marker when weapon is thrown and yea about it really. I just find that especially in intermission my dps dies off. What I do in intermission is arcane explosion adds cast rune under Garrosh and Arcane Explosion and Ice Floes when movement is needed. I usually run Frost Armor and Living Bomb on Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude they have warrior/2 hunter/ 2 rogue/lock below that 234k mark on the logs he linked ... WTF !? are you carrying people ?
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

10+ Year Old Account
    300k DPS on Garrosh? You want to know why some of those people are above you in that fight? They're aoeing the adds in phase 1.

Click on some of the top dps and observe damage by actor. Now look at the # and % of Garrosh and then the # and % of Kor'kron Warbringer.
    The lock in first place? It's because 30% of their dps was on adds in PHASE 1. WHO GIVES A %(#@ about phase 1 on Garrosh? The push from 2 onwards is where it counts.. and you did just as much damage on Garrosh as he did. There are legitimate players in that group, I'm seeing a couple putting over 100m on Garrosh and that's great. They are fine where they stand. But you put a whole 12.5% on the adds.. there's a huge difference in numbers between 12.5%...and 30%. Really shows their priorities.

I'll just leave it with this - You don't need 300k dps on reg Siege of Orgrimmar fights. Your DPS is fine for what you're covering and what their group is capable of. I haven't tampered with arcane at all this xpac so I don't really know how they're doing in comparison. If you REALLY want to pull closer to 300k on Garrosh? Just copy what some of the others are doing... and pad the mobs in phase 1. Otherwise, those complaining suck at analyzing what's important for that encounter. Their loss.
    Last edited by Etherius; 2014-02-15 at 03:19 AM.

I am not a mage expert so I can't examine your logs and tell you what you are doing wrong, but I do know that despite WorldofLogs and it's bugs it is still a decent place to get a feel for where you should be dps wise. First off everyone in your raid group is doing below their optimal like far below it, even "Lambo" who is a warlock is doing WAY below what he could be doing.

Your parses on raidbots are very inconsistent, with your highest being 90th and lowest being 16th, you didn't die on garrosh but 20th percentile in 564 ilvl is extremely low, your dps parses should definitely be higher then again your entire guild didn't seem to have a single heroic worthy dps in it so I don't understand why they would kick you.

I get the feeling that there is more to this story, it is no surprise you guys are on your 10th garrosh kill with 0 heroic kills, I'd recommend just finding a guild with mages that can help you out, I suggest switching to frost while playing with arcane as arcane seems to be a very hit and miss spec with either doing insane dps or barely existing dps depending on rng.

But in the end no your dps was not so bad you should've been kicked, it is extremely unreasonable unless they kicked every single one of your dps a long with it.

I can't speak for the randomness of regular garrosh but after the initial pull save your mirror images for the toes transition phase. Drop images at the start and AE on the adds. Basically mages are the only class that can aoe the adds before you get to the top (at least on heroic). Also when you are doing the annihilation dodge phase position yourself to be away from the main raid. This will have the benefit of less movement and you will end up with higher dps. When you have to move use abarr or ice lance rather than AE.

From looking at your garrosh logs you are definitely outperforming the frost mages on all but the 3rd phase. The 3rd/4th phases (heroic) of Garrosh are absolutely terrible for arcane mages and it's part of the reason that you didn't see an arcane mage kill H Garrosh for nearly 2 months.

Your 3rd phase: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/cv8iz...255&target=162

There are other small quirks you can do to scumbag dps on that boss too. At the start of the fight on the first pull make sure that your trinkets proc for the first aoe wave (if they tend to proc early then wait a couple gcd's on the pull). When a weapon goes up throw up a dot on it and then leave it alone...The longer it stays alive with your dot on it the higher your overall dps is. When MC's happen make sure you have 4x arcane charges and cast an abarr. Sometimes you can line it up so that LB explodes right as mc goes out but don't go out of the way redotting a full dot just to get the explosion.
    Last edited by sizenomatter; 2014-02-15 at 03:31 AM.

You're playing arcane, which is virtually an absentee spec, since both Fire and Frost are better suited for most fights in SoO.
    Just had to point out that while arcane does have less parses total than fire/frost its FAR from an absentee spec. It actually pretty consistently ranks as one of the highest dps specs in the game if you look at the breakdowns per boss and honestly overall from a heroic point of view I'd say its the best on the majority of encounters
    Last edited by Erolian; 2014-02-15 at 08:08 AM.

Only way measuring DPS on the garrosh encounter is looking at damage done exclusively to Garrosh. ANy jackass can AOE spam phase 1 to inflate their numbers a bit despite damage on those adds being utterly pointless.

Aside from wolf rider of course.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Yep, they got a very common disease known as "stupidity"
    It makes them unable to say anything without including that line

OT: Can't say much more than that dps was not the (only) reason for getting kicked
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Has someone looked up the other people on the amory? They are all from different guilds and there are not enough people from one guild to form a 10 man group.
    So I don't know what the log is meant to show as it looks like a 25 man normal pug.

The OP admitted it is an issue with the raid leader. Enough said.
    Move on and forget about the guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Etherius View Post
    300k DPS on Garrosh? You want to know why some of those people are above you in that fight? They're aoeing the adds in phase 1.

Click on some of the top dps and observe damage by actor. Now look at the # and % of Garrosh and then the # and % of Kor'kron Warbringer.
    The lock in first place? It's because 30% of their dps was on adds in PHASE 1. WHO GIVES A %(#@ about phase 1 on Garrosh? The push from 2 onwards is where it counts.. and you did just as much damage on Garrosh as he did. There are legitimate players in that group, I'm seeing a couple putting over 100m on Garrosh and that's great. They are fine where they stand. But you put a whole 12.5% on the adds.. there's a huge difference in numbers between 12.5%...and 30%. Really shows their priorities.

I'll just leave it with this - You don't need 300k dps on reg Siege of Orgrimmar fights. Your DPS is fine for what you're covering and what their group is capable of. I haven't tampered with arcane at all this xpac so I don't really know how they're doing in comparison. If you REALLY want to pull closer to 300k on Garrosh? Just copy what some of the others are doing... and pad the mobs in phase 1. Otherwise, those complaining suck at analyzing what's important for that encounter. Their loss.
    Totally agree. I kept having to drum into my raid group that I really could not give a shit about p1 damage and dps, as long as nothing stupid happened though most of the time we would hold off on dps to get an Engineer to spawn. The fight really only starts in p2 and that is where you should concentrate your dps on.

Deleted
    The damage is already done, but id suggest keeping a Frost Offspec and using it for fights with lots of movement, its just so much more friendly on those fights. Arcane is great on a few fights, i just found frost to offer more versatility, its a shame we cant spec fire/frost in same gear at the moment (probably never without fire rework)

I would argue Fire is more effective at movement fights due to Scorch :P

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    I would argue Fire is more effective at movement fights due to Scorch :P
    It certainly is, but you can't really do great Fire DPS in Arcane gear whereas Frost works just fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Only way measuring DPS on the garrosh encounter is looking at damage done exclusively to Garrosh. ANy jackass can AOE spam phase 1 to inflate their numbers a bit despite damage on those adds being utterly pointless.

Aside from wolf rider of course.
    But all jackasses inflate their numbers, sadly. I even go as far as to completely ignore the adds and focus entirely on weapon during phase 1 because people literally tunnel the shit out of the adds.

Guilds doing the first couple of wings o heroic are a dime a dozen now a days, just go somewhere else.

Deleted
    just find better guild - mage is above average dps but not as good as people thinks because it is mage but for normal+some HC guild is your dmg decent

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard thinks it too HAPPY NEW EXPANSION -> 20m EPIC MYTHIC !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quetesh View Post
    Blizzard thinks it too HAPPY NEW EXPANSION -> 20m EPIC MYTHIC !!!!!
    Actually that tells me Blizzard is finished trying to cater for two raid sizes and just want one.
    So goodbye 10 and 25 man raiding teams (except for flexi normal/heroics).

Just a friendly reminder that this isn't a 10 vs 25 debate thread and that topic will get threads closed pretty quickly around here.

On topic, Kolx your damage on this fight should be around 300k at your ilvl, probably a bit more than that. I don't know the strat you guys are using or if you are assigned to any special jobs but from looking over your logs this is what I can say. First off no one in that raid was doing the dps they should be so as has been pointed out in this thread it's more to do with your relationship with the guild leader than your dps. Your actual dps though is a bit of a problem. Your rune uptime is a little low, you should be able to get closer to 80-85% on this fight, especially in normal mode. You missed out on three arcane powers, where they should have been mid fight, there is just nothing, you cast your first and second ones 90 seconds apart then wait til bloodlust to cast the next one six minutes later. You living bomb 2 desecrated weapons the entire fight, the entirety of phase 2 you should have at least 2 living bombs out, one on Garrosh and at least one on the desecrated weapons, more if there are more than 1 weapon up. The reasoning for this is twofold, you get to meterpad with bombs and more importantly, bombs are one of your best sources of procs for missiles, letting you camp stacks which in turn boosts your single target dps.

Now with this being said that your dps should be at around 300k, after looking at epeenbot this looks like it was your first kill of Garrosh on 25 so it may just be a comfort with the fight issue, I know my first Garrosh kill was sketchy as well since I had no clue what I was doing for the most part, so my advice would be to just run a whole lot of Flex/LFR Garrosh to get comfortable with the fight, the timings, using your cooldowns, moving, multidotting etc. Sorry that your guild were jerks but you can use this as an opportunity to find a new guild and grow and improve with them, best of luck.