View Poll Results: What is the probability that the Tinker can be the next class ( IYO)

Voters
1260. This poll is closed
  • 0%

660 52.38%
  • 0-10%

189 15.00%
  • 10-20%

58 4.60%
  • 20-30%

51 4.05%
  • 30-40%

30 2.38%
  • 40-50%

58 4.60%
  • 50-60%

48 3.81%
  • 60-70%

34 2.70%
  • 70-80%

38 3.02%
  • 80-90%

25 1.98%
  • 90-100%

69 5.48%
Page 4 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    No they wouldn't. Where do people come up with this nonsense?

Professions and classes occupy two completely different design spaces. A player tanking a raid as a Tinker is going to have no effect on an Engineer getting items together to craft a Gyrocopter
    It may not have an effect, but they're way too close to each other to justify just making a class just because. An engineer and a tinker are the same thing and it shows lack of originality.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangers View Post
    I've personally seen very little in game lore or gameplay and also from devs/cms about Tinkers. Seems to be almost entirely a fan based idea. Not sure how someone could vote 90-100% based on that. Seems more like wishful thinking than an actual analysis of the situation, hard to believe someone that is too caught up in their own views.

That said, I voted zero. Though Blizzard has been known to cave to the fan base so that's the only real reason to add it, sheer popularity. This makes me support threads of this nature if they can build up enough steam.
    Monk was a fan based idea until they added it. Same with DK. Almost everything they add is wanted by someone, and until it's added isn't it just a fan want?

I choose 100% because I can't think of a single other class, using WC3 heros, that could be added.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    They're too close to engineers.
    Not really.

10+ Year Old Account
    It may not have an effect, but they're way too close to each other to justify just making a class just because. An engineer and a tinker are the same thing and it shows lack of originality.
    If it doesn't have an effect, how is it the same thing?

Considering that there is no class that uses a mechanical/technology theme, and a class can do things a profession clearly can't do, I would say that it shows quite a bit of originality.

Unless there's some super ogre hiding somewhere, a continent of dim-witted ogres is no threat to the combined power of the Alliance and the Horde.

A united Horde armed with high tech weapons on the other hand...
    ogres have their own empire in WoD. so they sound like they could be a threat.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Really? In WC3, Gazlowe Rachet, a Goblin Tinker (who is appearing in Heroes of the Storm ) worked with Chen Stormstout and Rexxar to help secure Orgrimmar and protect it in its infant stages. The leader of the Gnomes is called "High Tinker". The Gnome city is called "Tinkertown", and Goblins, Gnomes and Dwarves use advanced technology constantly. Heck, we flew to Pandaria on massive airships.
    The word Tinker coming up has nothing to do with it being a class. You're just picking and choosing things to argue now. I never said there was zero technology in the lore. Way to cherry pick. Obviously this topic will go nowhere with people that can't hold up a legit discussion without resorting to strawmans. And before someone says there was no strawman, that's exactly what you just did. You took what I said, applied it to whatever you wanted it to mean then implied I had that same meaning. That said, I am one that hates when people bring up the ol' strawman word but holy crap it applies so hard to that quote. If you really want to support your position you need to work on presenting yourself better otherwise you'll be ignored.

Edit: Won't be coming back to this topic again. It's not constructive at all. Just a few people trying to prove others wrong rather than prove themselves right, terrible way to have a discussion. Kind of funny because I clearly said I support the concept and the threads, but that's quickly going away.
    Last edited by Dangers; 2014-02-16 at 07:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dumbest idea I've ever seen. Even more retarded than lock tanks or demon huntards. 0%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Personally I dislike the idea of implementing a new class that seems as it has no real place in the game such as tinker. All the ideas I see you people suggesting are not very appealing in general. If they are going to add a new class let it be something that has substance not a gimmicky set of abilities just because their is nothing else to do to implement it.

As a spec of a class with tech appeal that isn't restricted to the type of tech used by goblins and gnomes, certainly. As it's own stand alone thing with three specs? Probably not.

If it doesn't have an effect, how is it the same thing?

Considering that there is no class that uses a mechanical/technology theme, and a class can do things a profession clearly can't do, I would say that it shows quite a bit of originality.
    Yes, a class will have more abilities than a profession will. Of course. Nobody is disputing that. But it will still be a class that uses mechanical tech. Just like engineers do for bombs, for flying, for speed boosts. Except the class will say "LAZER DETH RAY-Do 43256 tech damage to target". Or whatever. Of course they would make a class have more than a prof. But that does not change the fact that they are the same. Tinkers are the result of people racking their brains trying to look for a class, and taking ideas from the prof.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangers View Post
    The word Tinker coming up has nothing to do with it being a class. You're just picking and choosing things to argue now. I never said there was zero technology in the lore. Way to cherry pick. Obviously this topic will go nowhere with people that can't hold up a legit discussion without resorting to strawmans. And before someone says there was no strawman, that's exactly what you just did. You took what I said, applied it to whatever you wanted it to mean then implied I had that same meaning. That said, I am one that hates when people bring up the ol' strawman word but holy crap it applies so hard to that quote. If you really want to support your position you need to work on presenting yourself better otherwise you'll be ignored.
    You said in your post that you have seen very little about Tinkers in the lore or in gameplay. I gave you several examples of exactly that, and now you're accusing me of using strawman when the only thing I did was list the various tinkers in lore and gameplay.

I think it is you who needs to support their position better, and/or create better arguments in general. Making ignorant statements, and then whining when you've been proved completely wrong is rather childish, and will get you ignored.

You said in your post that you have seen very little about Tinkers in the lore or in gameplay. I gave you several examples of exactly that, and now you're accusing me of using strawman when the only thing I did was list the various tinkers in lore and gameplay.

I think it is you who needs to support their position better, and/or create better arguments in general. Making ignorant statements, and then whining when you've been proved completely wrong is rather childish, and will get you ignored.
    Damn you caught me while editing. You only mentioned one example of a Tinker. The rest of it was just listing various things related to technology which I didn't even mention. You really need to be able to step back from your own view point, but I can see that's impossible for you if you honestly can't see how inaccurate your response was. If people like you are the ones Blizzard see for Tinker ideas it definitely won't ever happen. Present yourself better and less argumentative and you may get your class.

Last comment of this topic: Don't resort to insults either, it really hampers your position. Even if you think I am whining you shouldn't mention it if you really want the Tinker class. It just makes you and the ideas you present look bad.

Aaaand, I'm out. I only engage in real discussions, not forum self pleasuring.
    Last edited by Dangers; 2014-02-16 at 07:37 PM.

I'd say zero, we have engineering as a profession and there's just two much crossover between the two. to make it work they'd have to have tinkers be different from engineers and that would mean having to decide whether an idea goes to the class or the profession. if we get another new class it'd be better to make it offer something unique, not something recycled

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I don't think we'll see Tinkers in WoW. That's my gut feeling. I can see how the class would work, I can see which races would be able to be a Tinker so I believe it's "plausible" but my personal belief is unlikely.

Also I don't think that these discussions will stop when and if they are released. Think about Pandaren; we still argue over how relevant they are lorewise.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think tinkers are more likely and have more possibilities than other popular potential classes, and I would definitely support them being in the game. Tinkers could also be included in an expansion dealing with the Naaru/Argus/Titans since the Naaru, Eredar, and Titans are all very technologically advanced. But I would rather see them included in a South Seas expansion, since I would rather deal with Azshara and N'Zoth before messing with the big Legion baddies

Though, I don't think we'll be seeing a new class for a long time, if ever, which is fine since there's already a lot of classes and specs to choose from. I voted 60-70%, more likely than other possibilities but I don't think it's super likely either

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope not. It's turning something that's more like a profession into a class. Not that we need more classes. Anyway, no.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    I'd say zero, we have engineering as a profession and there's just two much crossover between the two. to make it work they'd have to have tinkers be different from engineers and that would mean having to decide whether an idea goes to the class or the profession. if we get another new class it'd be better to make it offer something unique, not something recycled
    there isnt cross over.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

1) Hunters are tinkerers of nature. They do traps and scopes and overall try to be clever with tools.
    2) Shamans are tinkerers of magic, summoning minions and totems.
    3) Engineering + rogue .. is the agility tinkerer. Bombs and grenades.

Do we really need a pure mechanical tinkerer ... maybe I guess ? I could play tinkerer clas with what WoW offers already. I don't need a class for it.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, a class will have more abilities than a profession will. Of course. Nobody is disputing that. But it will still be a class that uses mechanical tech. Just like engineers do for bombs, for flying, for speed boosts. Except the class will say "LAZER DETH RAY-Do 43256 tech damage to target". Or whatever. Of course they would make a class have more than a prof. But that does not change the fact that they are the same. Tinkers are the result of people racking their brains trying to look for a class, and taking ideas from the prof.
    Would you agree that there's a difference between building a sword and using a sword? Blacksmiths make a variety of weapons. Why do we have a Warrior class that specializes in weapon combat?

What about Enchanters? They can construct wands and perform basic magic spells. Should we not have a Mage class because we have an enchanting profession?

Engineering constructs guns, armor, mounts, enchantments and a few toy weapons. It does not represent the full scope of technology of Azeroth, and it was never meant to. Heck, it doesn't even represent the WC3 hero it was supposedly based upon.

This is why I asked you if they have no effect on each other, how are these the same? Simple, they're not the same! GC backed this up when he discussed the problems with implementing the Tinker class. He didn't mention engineering overlap one single time. Why? Because even Blizzard recognizes that they aren't the same.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on if they make more classes after the Demon Hunter
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a chance.

Besides, there are too many classes in the game imo. And making them goblin/gnome only would be quite unsuccsesful.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."