Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Plus there is a whole different problem with the shop.
    They will not bring out bat / chimaera mounts (not even a lower scale recolor with less animations) in the future because it would create competition for their shop.

Chimaera and bats (even ridable bats on the flight paths) have been out since vanilla.

Are you undead and want to ride a bat? Hand over your 25$. Is that fair?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post
    True, there are also people that like the old dragon model even though most would agree that it doesn't look very well.
    It doesn't change the fact however that one mount (objectively) has a more detailed structure and more animations than the other.
    Which means what, exactly?

Unless you consider, literally, "moar pixels" to be "pay to win," your argument still doesn't make any sense.

And even if you WERE contending that, it still wouldn't be a trend that's "just started recently..."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post
    Plus there is a whole different problem with the shop.
    They will not bring out bat / chimaera mounts (not even a lower scale recolor with less animations) in the future because it would create competition for their shop.

Chimaera and bats (even ridable bats on the flight paths) have been out since vanilla.

Are you undead and want to ride a bat? Hand over your 25$. Is that fair?
    That is still why there is a store, "Are you undead and want to ride a bat? Hand over your 25$" this, this is the main discussion for the store. It's not because it's only the products they sell or anything like so - it's because they sell something that people -WANT-. That is mostly why they complain. There is no greed there, they made something to sell, and a person WANT it but wont buy it. Greed breeds Greed. And they never said they wouldn't release any chimaera or bat mounts again.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    No, not when they say this. Maybe you don't frequent drawing communities, it's a pandemic for anyone who can draw at all.
    Well i dont, but i still think you are putting to much into what he said

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    That is still why there is a store, "Are you undead and want to ride a bat? Hand over your 25$" this, this is the main discussion for the store. It's not because it's only the products they sell or anything like so - it's because they sell something that people -WANT-. That is mostly why they complain. There is no greed there, they made something to sell, and a person WANT it but wont buy it. Greed breeds Greed. And they never said they wouldn't release any chimaera or bat mounts again.
    maybe people felt like they allready payed for the content that is produced for this game from several years of subs. Just saying

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike it entirely, given I believe you should be able to earn everything in game. But people are daft, and will continue buying this stuff. They can all shine and look 'awesome' sitting on their mount in Orgrimmar with about 10 People around them on the same thing looking equally stupid.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

See I do have a problem with the mounts in the store but probably not the same reason as you do. My problem is that I spend money on the game, and in turn, they use that money to spend less on making content for the game and more on cash shop vanities. Yes yes I know, the mounts/pets on the cash shop aren't too often, but new mounts in the game aren't implimented very often either. The mounts in the shop are so frikkin awesome, they have to be or they wouldn't sell like hotcakes. Make the mounts available to get in game. A recolored version, lord knows they don't skimp on the recolored mounts you can get in game. Sure I guess the argument that mount designs are subjective, but there was only about 1 dozen(though I think less) unique flying mounts introduced in MoP(not talking recolors) and 3 of those were from the cash shop. so 1/4 of the flying mounts introduced in the MoP were from the cash shop. I personally, just don't like that.

I will never like that a subscription based game will have a cash shop, unless its 100% for charity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    Well i dont, but i still think you are putting to much into what he said

- - - Updated - - -

maybe people felt like they allready payed for the content that is produced for this game from several years of subs. Just saying
    You can see it like so, but then it could be turned around to the point of, they don't have to make it. Could as well with this belief quickly be turned off with the belief that they don't add it. It's a special service, nothing else really.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    The keep asking premiums to get a piece of 3D art that other artists give for free all over the internet.

It reached a point that I seriously devalue the value of the game itself in my brain because of this travesty. I'm sure a lot others have the same feeling. I wonder if they have done that evaluation, if their begging for money for artificial useless to progression items have a good impact on people's perception of the game in whole (if not, lords have mercy on our souls).
    While I dislike them adding micro-transaction for an already established and healthy subscription game, it is not that unexpected for them explore new revenue schemes. All they are doing is advertising the mounts which they are entitled to do. It is not unlike watching and hearing "This shows was brought to you by .... " on TV these days.

http://www.thedailyblink.com/2013/04/very-bad-robot/

Just think if that started to happen.

The keep asking premiums to get a piece of 3D art that other artists give for free all over the internet.

It reached a point that I seriously devalue the value of the game itself in my brain because of this travesty. I'm sure a lot others have the same feeling. I wonder if they have done that evaluation, if their begging for money for artificial useless to progression items have a good impact on people's perception of the game in whole (if not, lords have mercy on our souls).

I'm not sure I agree with you on your rant but here is my problem.

Blizzard is all too happy to sell you a flying mount through the store as well as collect your sub fee and then for the first 4 months of the expansion (and quite possibly all released current content), make sure you can't fucking fly on the mount you just got in content that is currently relative.

Thats a way to make sure I do not support your game in any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mod-note: There's no need to turn this towards the no flying topic. There is a thread with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I'm not sure I agree with you on your rant but here is my problem.

Blizzard is all too happy to sell you a flying mount through the store as well as collect your sub fee and then for the first 4 months of the expansion (and quite possibly all released current content), make sure you can't fucking fly on the mount you just got in content that is currently relative.

Thats a way to make sure I do not support your game in any way.
    All Blizzard store mounts can be used as ground mounts. Just saying.

And they may be happy to sell you the mount, but at least they're not forcing it on you. So far, there is no advantage to having a Blizzard Store mount over any other. No speed boost. No damage reduction. Just another skin that works like hundreds of others in the game that aren't paid for.

It just so happens that, some people want the mount and its designers, Blizzard have the -right- to supply it how they see fit. You're not prevented from riding mounts, flight in Draenor won't be an unlock on the Store. If you don't wish to support a game because a selection of mounts are only available on the store when there are many others available, that's a little odd. But to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    As a hobbyist artist what you just said is sickening to me. Seriously, this is disgusting. Art is not free and SHOULD NOT BE FREE if you are specifically desiring it's creation, stock art and art donated for the benefit of a society is something else entirely as are artists trying to get attention by whoring out their hard work. The very fact it's not useful for progression is a BENEFIT.
    the problem with what you said is that the game is already $15 a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    I dislike it entirely, given I believe you should be able to earn everything in game. But people are daft, and will continue buying this stuff. They can all shine and look 'awesome' sitting on their mount in Orgrimmar with about 10 People around them on the same thing looking equally stupid.
    same can apply to ingame mounts
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account

I have never bought a mount or pet from their store, because it is ridiculous, I will leave ridiculous things to ridiculous people ...with money.

Blizzard has already found their market, and with 7-8 million consumers in this game, a certain percentage is bound to waste their money for trivial things such as pixilated images that flutter their fancy. As long as those people are around, they will incite envy from you, and will fly/walk/run with style.

Blizzard will not take these options out, it is a money maker, exactly the way character transfers were before connected realms, and even then you have to pay to transfer to another connected realm.

You are shouting at the wind blowing in your face.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    I have never bought a mount or pet from their store, because it is ridiculous, I will leave ridiculous things to ridiculous people ...with money.
    i got a celestial steed as a gift from a guildie. i feel a bit dirty every time i mount it.
    Hi

I am annoyed with the whole "pay money for ingame mounts" in general.

Honestly, after paying for the game and paying for a sub, these mounts should be stuff we can get in game. I understand why they do it; i just feel theyre going far overboard with developing money mounts.

It is especially annoying when they come out with these awesome mounts and the only way you can get them is by giving them MORE money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i got a celestial steed as a gift from a guildie. i feel a bit dirty every time i mount it.
    I can't believe I am saying this....but...

You can feel dirty all you want when you mount me.

I was the last person to receive the Amani Battle Bear before the patch, only my guild leader did not receive it after working for weeks to let the whole team get one.

I opened a ticket... and gave mine to him, because he earned it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeddicious View Post
    I am annoyed with the whole "pay money for ingame mounts" in general.

Honestly, after paying for the game and paying for a sub, these mounts should be stuff we can get in game. I understand why they do it; i just feel theyre going far overboard with developing money mounts.

It is especially annoying when they come out with these awesome mounts and the only way you can get them is by giving them MORE money.

Money is what they want, in exchange you get to be a pixelated hero with shinnies.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Regardless of how you or any other players feel about it, this is something that will be happening more often and in smaller intervals of time more than likely...I'd suggest getting used to it now. And by that I mean if you have no interest in purchasing any additional content from them, whether it be mounts, pets, or vanity items or even boost items...then either ignore it and just go about your day to day business or just quit the game and when they ask you why make it known...that's the most you can really do (that or write them a letter I guess...but it isn't going to change anything). Even if they lost 3 million players due to the store and mounts and all that, they will still have 4 million people (and you can assume at least 1-2 million of those players will buy things every month...and the rest may on occasion if they really like something) at $25 a mount even being sold between 1-2 million people monthly it more than makes up for any lost sub numbers as far as profits go...

This is just the way the game is now. You don't have to like everything about the game nor do you have to buy the additional content...but complaining here really isn't going to do much of anything...the mounts will still be sold and roughly a month later you'll be seeing hundreds of those mounts everywhere. That's just the way it is...

Deleted
    The keep asking premiums to get a piece of 3D art that other artists give for free all over the internet....
    Seriously, stopped reading there.

I have friends who are artists who have had their art stolen and used elsewhere for the profit of other.
    I am a photographer myself, albeit amateur, and I've seen my own work on a commercial site without attribution or payment.

Art is NOT free.