Deleted

Can anyone recommend a good Gym routine for a newbie? :)

Hey,
    I thought I should really start using my gym membership but I feel as though I do not want to go there and start creating a random routine that has no good effect. I do not need to loose weight, just want to build some muscle since I fee like a twig and I do not want to do more then I can handle. Really not sure where to begin. I heard diet is important and I eat healthily but is there more to it then that?

Any guides you can link or advice would be brilliant! Thanks for reading

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't gyms suppose to have a trainer there so he/she can give you a workout routine? Where I live, all gyms have trainers (it is the law here).

Deleted
    Warm up 5-10 min crosstrainer

Work A (monday and thursday) 4x6-8 reps

Benchpress
    Decline dumbbell press
    Sitting shoulder press
    Side lat raises
    Closed grip benchpress
    Standing weighted oblique crunches
    Weighted sit ups

Work B (tuesday and friday)
    Squat
    Deadlift
    Calf raises
    Bent over barbell row
    Pull ups
    Cable rows
    Dumbbell bicep curls

Maybe finish with 15min of HIIT

Youtube all the excersises for proper form. Proper form and full range of motion is more important than weight. Look for vids from guys like Omar Isuf, Jonnie Candito, Scottherman fitness.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mft2...by-met-rx.html
    Works well if you haven't worked out in a while. Straight endurance and strength and not necessarily size focused.
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

You only really need to master a couple of lifts:

Deadlift
    Bench
    Rows
    Squat

The routine depends on your goals. Do you wanna grow big? Do you want strength gains? Do you want endurance? Knowing the answer to these questions is incredibly important before choosing a workout routine. Otherwise you will just be burning time and energy rather than making gains. Look up "Elliot Hulse" and "Paul Chek" for more in depth approaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayjungenie View Post
    You only really need to master a couple of lifts:

Deadlift
    Bench
    Rows
    Squat

The routine depends on your goals. Do you wanna grow big? Do you want strength gains? Do you want endurance? Knowing the answer to these questions is incredibly important before choosing a workout routine. Otherwise you will just be burning time and energy rather than making gains. Look up "Elliot Hulse" and "Paul Chek" for more in depth approaches.
    If you don't know what you are doing don't deadlift you will wreck your back.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    If you don't know what you are doing don't deadlift you will wreck your back.
    This is true. However, I would assume anyone asking about workout routines would do proper research and seek proper advice before attempting any sort of lift. Because this concept also applies to any lift, if you don't know how to do any lift you can certainly hurt yourself. Anyhow, the best way to protect your back is to brace your core and activate your glutes before attempting the deadlift. And if you can't perform proper deadlift functionality, switch to the sumo deadlift. This automatically activates your glutes and takes your back out of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayjungenie View Post
    This is true. However, I would assume anyone asking about workout routines would do proper research and seek proper advice before attempting any sort of lift. Because this concept also applies to any lift, if you don't know how to do any lift you can certainly hurt yourself. Anyhow, the best way to protect your back is to brace your core and activate your glutes before attempting the deadlift. And if you can't perform proper deadlift functionality, switch to the sumo deadlift. This automatically activates your glutes and takes your back out of the equation.
    Coming here for advice has already shown they don't know where to or won't research or find proper advice on any of this. As pointed out though any gym worth their salt will have trainers or staff that can and will help you out.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."