I wont even play elemental and im almost crying... not because is a HUGE buff ... but because its A buff for shamans...

Its a buff for shamans dude....

i would love it if they fixed Z-Axis for Totemic Projection and double the dmg of lava burst

Quote Originally Posted by Velthari View Post
    double the dmg of lava burst
    seams completly balnced imo, bliszrad u shud defo do this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    seams completly balnced imo, bliszrad u shud defo do this.
    Well, I think he would actually mean that damage should be shifted around a bit. Less from mastery and passive sources and more on lava burst and I tend to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZDaZ View Post
    Well, I think he would actually mean that damage should be shifted around a bit. Less from mastery and passive sources and more on lava burst and I tend to agree.
    I think people are forgetting we are in a pre-patch; we're essentially level 90 twinks at this point. In T17 gear, mastery accounts for less than a quarter of our total damage which I don't see as being a problem since the old mastery accounted for more than this (just not as defineable).

what we are seeing right now at lvl 90 will be what we are going to see at lvl 100 end tier, yes we will have more multistrike +-5% overall dmg around the spells somewhere but if at end tier we are going to see lava burst hit for the same % of hp as we see at lvl 90 then lava burst needs to hit harder. I mean come on Starsurge (234% spell power*mastery%*boomking form for dmg) hits for like 20k crits, Mind Blast(180% spell power*shadow form*mastery%*talent if selected) hits also for around 20k which also scales from the spriest mastery that just got buffed so i dont see why lava burst our core spell to not hit that hard plus they just buffed lightning bolt from from 118.8% spell power for ele to 149.6% spell power, lava burst needs to go up from 77% spell power x50% if flame shock is up to about 120% spell power x50% from flame shock. This should fix us in the dps department because right now and later in the expantion we will have the exact same problem even if your saying we are in prepatch and scaling and we are in best gear im saying right now ok sure we are best gear but what happens when you take the exact same % stats to lvl 100 and best possible gear for that expansion we will see the exact same problem no dmg from lava burst no dmg from lightning bolt other then the buff that will be incoming makeing it hit harder then lava burst and high mastery damage which is still the same problem we are seeing right now.

PS Fix Z-Axis on Totemic Projection gives me the shits in pvp when i cant move it in blades edge or dalaran arena
    Last edited by Velthari; 2014-10-30 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elios View Post
    I wont even play elemental and im almost crying... not because is a HUGE buff ... but because its A buff for shamans...

Its a buff for shamans dude....
    duuuuuuuuuuuuddddddeeeeeeee

i feel your pain

We're not in the end-tier anymore, we're in a pre-patch so all the examples you've given are (no offence) completely irrelevant. We aren't being scaled around pre-patch DPS. Also you can't just compare spells like that, classes are balanced around the entire toolkit, not just single spells.

as why i went for reasonable numbers on lava burst i didnt go oh yeah lets make it 180% spell power like mind blast and brake ele i asked for a buff from 77% to 120% +20% before original nerfs at 100% spell power. Plus you can compare numbers right now to lvl 100 because simple mathematics like standard deviation can predict the damage results for a class even if your low lvl to high lvl with the same percentage of stats.

Some more stuff from the hotfix:

• Lava Burst's visuals should no longer be excessively large.
    • Earthquake's visuals are no longer visible for friendly players.
    • Fire Nova now has a maximum of 7 novas that can be triggered if more than 7 targets are affected by Flame Shock.
    • Maelstrom Weapon should no longer incorrectly persist after the Shaman has switched to a different specialization.
    • Echo of the Elements effect should now be correctly consumed during Ascendance.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Some more stuff from the hotfix:

• Lava Burst's visuals should no longer be excessively large.
    • Fire Nova now has a maximum of 7 novas that can be triggered if more than 7 targets are affected by Flame Shock.
    • Maelstrom Weapon should no longer incorrectly persist after the Shaman has switched to a different specialization.
    • Echo of the Elements effect should now be correctly consumed during Ascendance.
    Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Hekili
    I will guarantee one of the following things will happen:

1. Blizzard will implement a cap that works for the Flame Shock + Fire Nova combo (i.e., Fire Nova will cause up to 8 Flame Shocks to erupt).
    2. Lava Lash is going to get a target cap, such that it will spread Flame Shock *up to* a maximum of 6 Flame Shocked targets.
    3. Fire Nova will be set up to do decreasing damage past a set number of targets.
    I missed it by one.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

Deleted
    Something tells me this isn't the last time they will touch FN.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    One of these will happen:
    1. Blizzard will implement a cap that works for the Flame Shock + Fire Nova combo (i.e., Fire Nova will cause up to 8 Flame Shocks to erupt).
    2. Lava Lash is going to get a target cap, such that it will spread Flame Shock *up to* a maximum of 6 Flame Shocked targets.
    3. Fire Nova will be set up to do decreasing damage past a set number of targets.
    ding ding ding ding ding
    Last edited by mmoc7d8146013b; 2014-10-31 at 02:13 AM.

With an effective damage cap on Fire Nova, Blizzard could certainly reconsider the having Lava Lash spread wimpy Flame Shocks and instead allow us to spread buffed ones. Of course, that would only help early in a tier, before the adds start dying too quickly to benefit from stronger dots.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

so just played with the new changes to lightning bolt it feels like the reason i ever cast a lava burst right now is when there is a surge proc because its of the gcd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velthari View Post
    so just played with the new changes to lightning bolt it feels like the reason i ever cast a lava burst right now is when there is a surge proc because its of the gcd
    Just like to point out, Lava Surge doesn't make Lava Burst go off the GCD. It just makes it instant cast.

Doesn't that mean tanks can't see it as well? How the hell are we supposed to tell them not to move out of our Earthquake, if they can't even see it?

Please tell me I'm misunderstanding something...

Quote Originally Posted by Irisia View Post
    Doesn't that mean tanks can't see it as well? How the hell are we supposed to tell them not to move out of our Earthquake, if they can't even see it?

Please tell me I'm misunderstanding something...
    ...... you tell them not to move from where they are because they are in your earthquake...... what?

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    ...... you tell them not to move from where they are because they are in your earthquake...... what?
    Yes?

For tanks, standing inside ground based AoEs is just as important as standing inside healing circles for dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Irisia View Post
    Yes?

For tanks, standing inside ground based AoEs is just as important as standing inside healing circles for dps.
    Okay, so as I just said, not much is changing..... all you do now is say, my EQ is down on you tank.....

Earthquake graphic messes up vision for tanks and melees, and some /many tanks tend to run away from it. Best thing to do is just not tell anyone at all, as there will be blizzard / rain of fire and stuff like that too, so basically you have a invisible blizzard, thats called earthquake.