Page 86 of 122 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Velthari View Post
    on live lava lash is a physical ability and since they are changing it to fire then it will do fire damage ignore armour and scale with enhancement mastery
    No, I remembered incorrectly and didn't check my log carefully. It's just a tooltip change. Let's not spend 2 pages of this thread going back and forth about it. It was completely my mistake.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

Yeppers, lava lash has dealt fire damage and pierced armor since it was added in TBC. It has always been that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    Yeah, LB going down is fine (for Enhancement, anyway). We're going to get more nerfs, very likely, if sims are accurate for ST.

That Lava Lash change is nice. Doing Fire damage will bypass armor (~35% buff to PvE), plus scale with our mastery.

Purge also noted improvements to Storm Elemental Totem -- more scaling from SP, plus Call Lightning improves SET damage/healing by 300%.
    Well even if the sims are showing that only one talent combination is strong (AS + UF + LM). There are still combinations which are 20% weaker and totally underpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Well even if the sims are showing that only one talent combination is strong (AS + UF + LM). There are still combinations which are 20% weaker and totally underpowered.
    I think everyones expecting LM to be nerfed, tbh.

I'm happy they're weakening LB, from an enhance POV. It's a start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I think everyones expecting LM to be nerfed, tbh.

I'm happy they're weakening LB, from an enhance POV. It's a start.
    Yes true.

Any numbers how big the LB nerf is?

And to be honest, LB is still very dominant for enhancers. It is our big Hit attack so far.

Deleted
    Yes true.

Any numbers how big the LB nerf is?

And to be honest, LB is still very dominant for enhancers. It is our big Hit attack so far.
    114 to 100% of SP apparently. Basically just reverting the (probably unintended) buff when they baked in the elemental levelling perk for enhancement. It's still a bit higher than it was before (around 95ish%).

Ele shaman, echo of the elements:

if you have echo of the elements, casting double earthquakes means the 1st one casted will do 0 dmg after the 2nd one is casted.

example. you proc Echo. you cast EQ on a group. After that, you cast EQ on another group away from the 1st EQ (test dummies in shattrath). The 1st EQ will do 0 dmg the moment you put a second EQ on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    Ele shaman, echo of the elements:

if you have echo of the elements, casting double earthquakes means the 1st one casted will do 0 dmg after the 2nd one is casted.

example. you proc Echo. you cast EQ on a group. After that, you cast EQ on another group away from the 1st EQ (test dummies in shattrath). The 1st EQ will do 0 dmg the moment you put a second EQ on the ground.
    sounds like a bug, you should report it via forum or twitter

Does anyone by any chance have a weakaura that tracks duration and CD of Liquid Magma?
    I have tried to make it but only the CD aura seems to work, I have tried duration but no luck so far and it is driving me nuts as I have the feeling it is dead easy to do.

is echo still the best talent in pve for elemental? or can we take AS instead? anyone done the math yet?

im not excited about liquid magma, i dont want to have to baby sit a talent every 45 seconds. it needs to be changed...it's stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkenusc View Post
    is echo still the best talent in pve for elemental? or can we take AS instead? anyone done the math yet?

im not excited about liquid magma, i dont want to have to baby sit a talent every 45 seconds. it needs to be changed...it's stupid.
    If you sim it, echo is the clear loser and elemental mastery is the clear winner so far. UF is still dominant, but only by 300 dps over PE and over 500 over EB. Storm Elemental is the best lvl 100 talent after all those buffs.

Stats wise, it's still Multi > Haste > Mastery > Crit >= Vers though.

Acutally, talents are pretty well balanced for elementals. They're much closer than for enhancers.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2014-08-23 at 05:57 AM.

Kinda weird how echo of the elements does not work on elemental blast, esp with that new alert...maybe they'll add it at some point....And heavily buff EB damage to be worth taking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted
    Sims and talent comparison including T17 PVE set bonus (2p and 4p):

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/file...gsa-c-c20a.png

So far, every talent row has one very weak talent:

EOTE, EB and EF clearly fall behind. LM and SE are on the same level, UF > PE (>> EB), AS > EM (>> EOTE).
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2014-08-23 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    Kinda weird how echo of the elements does not work on elemental blast, esp with that new alert...maybe they'll add it at some point....And heavily buff EB damage to be worth taking.
    Well just because it looks like it would affect EB doesn't mean it will. I remember Blizzard saying that one talent on a row doesn't need to have synergy with every talent on another row.
    Last edited by shamantime; 2014-08-23 at 04:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yeppers, lava lash has dealt fire damage and pierced armor since it was added in TBC. It has always been that way.
    But it was added in Wrath. :v In TBC Enhance just used SS and Earth Shock.

Yep you're right, I misspoke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shamantime View Post
    Well just because it looks like it would affect EB doesn't mean it will. I remember Blizzard saying that one talent on a row doesn't need to have synergy with every talent on another row.
    But they will have to find a way to balance EB. It's crappy for enhancers (nearly no dps improve at all) and even elementals don't profit from it.

For enhancers, it's kind of very low hitting. I still don't understand why it is hitting for 20% less damage than LB.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2014-08-23 at 06:48 PM.

I still don't understand why it is hitting for 20% less damage than LB.
    http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=30814

Effect #5. They've made the talent artificially weak, but no one knows why.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=30814

Effect #5. They've made the talent artificially weak, but no one knows why.
    looks like a bug if you ask me. report it and lets see.

If you sim it, echo is the clear loser and elemental mastery is the clear winner so far. UF is still dominant, but only by 300 dps over PE and over 500 over EB. Storm Elemental is the best lvl 100 talent after all those buffs.

Stats wise, it's still Multi > Haste > Mastery > Crit >= Vers though.

Acutally, talents are pretty well balanced for elementals. They're much closer than for enhancers.
    ty very much, im glad i dont have to pick echo anymore, it was to awkward.

i dont recall storm elemental being buffed though......if it is our best 100 talent then that's disappointing because it doesnt offer any unique gameplay. oh well.