Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    I never said he had to donate the money it was just an example of where it "could be better spent". I would much rather donate $50, help a friend with it, give it to my favorite twitch streamer then give it to blizzard for something I can achieve in 3 days for $10. You said you would rather volunteer for 3 days and give blizzard $60. Why not give red cross $50 and blizzard $10? Surely $50 goes farther with the red cross.

As far as debating money distribution those are valid points but still even the richest people know when something is just pure greed like this level 90 for $60.

The only thing blizzard should have done is either removed RAF and replaced it with this instead of removing SOR. That way we are forced into buying level 90s or getting a SOR if we are returning players. Right now with RAF available it will always be infinitely better to RAF yourself for $10 then to buy a level 90 for $60.
    You know they're releasing this feature not because of greed, right?

They only did it so people aren't buying accounts over and over again for a 90. They'd rather just cut out the shit work and let you buy it straight up, for CHEAPER. They knew people would buy countless accounts for free 90's and pump up the service time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rownbear View Post
    Comparing the amount of time to make it to lvl 90 VS paying 60 dollars earned in 2 hours of going to work? I'd pay.
    You know, the problem with you people are if Blizzard required you to insert a big black dildo as an authenticator you would be happy to do it.

I have plenty of income. I allocate 20% of my pay to multiple IRA accounts, keep a significant emergency liquid account, pay mortgages on my primary property and an investment property, autopay all monthly expenses and still have plenty of "play" money left over. What I don't have is the time, and especially not the inclination, to spend several hours per night, for several weeks, suffering through the monotonous leveling experience. So if I ever tire of my DK and warrior and want to try something else I will certainly use the feature. $60 is nothing compared to the dozens and dozens of hours or boredom required to level a character.

Battlechest + MoP is 40 dollars, so that's probably closer to where I would have priced it, personally.

The price point doesn't really any anything to do with how much customers time is valued, or cost of the game or anything like that, however. Since functionality like this costs Blizzard nothing once it has been developed, the price point is likely a result of lots of market research to figure out the precise sweet spot of what the largest number of people would find acceptable. When releasing this, or any of the server or cosmetic adjustments currently available, the challenge is to find that line, and get as close to it as possible.

Deleted
    - I dislike all content below max lvl
    - I like all sorts of PvP at max lvl
    - $60 isn't cheap, but my time is worth a LOT more!

If I'll decide to play a class which I don't have sitting at 90 with the new expansion, I'll buy the boost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    I agree. It comes in far under the time investment and what you value your time at.
    Yes and I'm happy they introduced it, now people that don't like it can stop bitching about leveling, of course we get the people bitching and moaning about the price now instead, meh. But as you said, it all depends on how much your time is worth if you really don't enjoy leveling.

Personally, I won't buy one, because I still enjoy the leveling process after all those years and I haven't seen all redone zones from Horde and Alliance perspective yet(still don't know why people hate them that much, but I enjoyed Vashj'ir too, so maybe something wrong with me? :P) and I don't feel in a rush to have all classes at 90/100 asap, leveling an alt is something I do if I'm bored of my main(s). Will most likely boost a Mage for "free" because that's the only class I stopped playing at ~25 and never touched again, all others are 60+ anyway.

There really is no need to hate on people that will spend the 60$ and it's not P2W, not even close. While you'll be able to buy your way to 90 now and do LFR/Flex nearly instant you still have to level up to 100 in WoD and I don't see a change in that until the expansion after WoD... and as others said a part of the money spent on the boosts will hopefully go into new content as well.

Comparing the amount of time to make it to lvl 90 VS paying 60 dollars earned in 2 hours of going to work? I'd pay.
    I compare the amount of time to make it to lvl 90 vs paying 60 dollars for a BRAND NEW GAME with 40+ hours of BRAND NEW content.

Quote Originally Posted by Celeb View Post
    The one free 90 for WOD is not bad especially for new players. When the expansion comes out, they will have 10 lvls to learn their class. But honestly, there are a lot of ragers out there who drop group in dungeons and raids because of inexperienced players. And playing a warrior as opposed to playing a mage, is a major change. So doesn't matter how long you have played one, won't make you playing the other any better. When you start getting all these new 90's trying to gear up through LFR, and they end up in your group, and you fail, a lot.. how many ragers are you going to lose? Yes, I hate ragers too, but I also hate being in a group that constantly fails due to lack of experience.

Drop the price to 20, and let them be boosted to lvl 85. Give ppl time to learn their class. And if you disagree with me that's fine, but please don't flame. I don't call ppl who disagree with me idiots and worse, and I would ask the same respect.
    One thing to add, maybe it doesn't really matter if you know how to play your class.... Blizzard seems to change class mechanics so often, that there is a large learning curve each time.

Seconded. The monetary hit doesn't even remotely compare to the time requirement of 1-90.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    You know, the problem with you people are if Blizzard required you to insert a big black dildo as an authenticator you would be happy to do it.
    Or maybe they're just not cheap asses who are unwilling to essentially buy a couple weeks worth of dedicated playtime. You're basically paying to skip Vanilla and 4 expansion packs worth of content. Why anyone would choose to do this is beyond me but the price is definitely fair.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by soulesschild View Post
    How is RAF only 10 dollars...I'm slightly confused. Don't you have to buy another account with all the xpacs essentially? Surely it's more than 10 dollars....
    You only need the Battlechest, since RAF works to 85. And while it's 20 bucks on the blizzard site, you can definitely find it cheaper on Amazon or at a box store.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too much, I'll stick come back for Wod, but Blizzard are going down the pan imo.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I compare the amount of time to make it to lvl 90 vs paying 60 dollars for a BRAND NEW GAME with 40+ hours of BRAND NEW content.
    Ditto.

I am totally agree with the price for a lv 90 boost. If you buy the current games on sale, for around and about 35 dollars, and then pay for a game card or pay two months of paid service so your friend can get a mount or pet, there is another 30.00 dollars there. Therefore, you would be ending up paying 65.00 total, plus time in the game to level up. Granted the other player gets 40 free levels, and you can level a lot more toons up to 85 and then just do the last levels on your own. However, if you are a vet player like me, and do not want to spend the time leveling again, then yes I would be willing to pay 60.00 for a boost. However, I am in agreement, that the boost should come with your choice of professions that are either maxed out to 600, or at least at MOP starting, like 550 would be fine. In addition, I do agree, this service is not really viable for toons, 60+.

Quote Originally Posted by soulesschild View Post
    How is RAF only 10 dollars...I'm slightly confused. Don't you have to buy another account with all the xpacs essentially? Surely it's more than 10 dollars....
    You buy the battle chest with a promo link for $10, battle chest includes classic, bc,wotlk and CATA now. RAF only goes up to 85 so you dont need to bu MOP. This account is a slave account simply used for RAF perks and when your done dont continue to use it. Or you can and get the free month, mount etc up to you. You also get 30 days of gametime for this which gives you ample time to level as many chars as you want to 85 and for every 2 levels this account gains your main gains a granted level.

You can hear our whole opinions over at http://wow.stratics.com/interviews/w...tant-90-boost/
    But long story short, it needed to be this price or around it, because if it wasn't, then people would choose to buy the expansion multiple times and transfer the 90s instead. Its unavoidable, and I'm sure a lot of math went into the decision.
    I mean it was even discussed in the original blue post about why they decided to offer he payment option. They literally said they felt they had to in order to keep from people metagaming the system and buying thousands of copies of WoD.

Its better this way for everyone, especially if we are trying to get an accurate representation of how many copies of WoD were actually sold.

I would have been happier with 50 USD though, 60 is pretty steep.
    Either way, won't be buying it.
    No reason to complain, if you can't afford it just level like everyone else. You'll actually learn the class along the way.

Just logged into my server and the shop button is there for the character screen but no option for the 90 boost.

Just logged in. The boost is not live yet.

Deleted
    My jaw dropped, that's way too much. I quit wow like 2 months ago and I was going to come back and boost my alt to 90. $75 dollars is quite the hurdle though. SO I guess I'm gonna have to wait for WoD

interesting. realms are now up and the boost is now gone from the shop

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm reading a lot of complaints from poor people, and a lot of thank-yous from folks that are financially stable.

Sorry poor people, but you need to level your characters.

edit: coming from someone making $75k / year without kids, $60 for a level 90 still sounds way too expensive.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.