Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Activisions price:60
    Blizzards: 5

Greedy activision fucks in a nutshell.
    Stop pointing fingers. It's bli$$ard milking their customers.

This is great.

$60 for a 90 so I don't have to level.

Probably another $60 to get someone to level it from 90 - 100 and I wont have to worry about some crappy nostalgic story blizzard is piecing together.

End game only here I come.

disposable income is great.

The price makes sense if we assume wod is 40 to 60 bucks. They're only adding it it as something you can buy because people would otherwise just buy more accounts and transfer their free 90s over.

Deleted
    BOBING PEOLE; thwat what it is... boosting a character, cost that much.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    The price makes sense if we assume wod is 40 to 60 bucks. They're only adding it it as something you can buy because people would otherwise just buy more accounts and transfer their free 90s over.
    How do you transfer characters from one account to another?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    How do you transfer characters from one account to another?
    Character transfer service. Instead of picking a new realm, you pick a battle.net account.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think someone over there 'done lost they mind'. This is ridiculously overpriced and I have to think it is a place holder price. WoD digital will be $39, just like every other expansion that has had one. If their goal was to prevent people buying multiple copies and merging, I don't see how pricing it as more expensive than buying the expansion is going to do that. I'm the first to say how much I love their games, but this would be stupid if it went live at that price.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by cashcate1 View Post
    60$ is not a high price. Think at the European players ... 60 EUR(82$) or 60 GBP(100$)

Also this is not a pay to win. You don`t win anything. You are low geared and still missing 10 lvls. I don`t see the win in this.
    The way i see it, this is Pay to Save Time.
    Exactly ^

Pay to save time. I know there are some places out there that will level my toon to 100. Screw leveling through that 90 - 100 time waster. End game is where I want to be and I got cash to make it happen and wasting my time trudging through 10 levels of blizzard nostalgia is worth paying to skip.

Pay to save time. I like it.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-02-18 at 09:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Stop pointing fingers. It's bli$$ard milking their customers.
    Not really "milking". It is an optional SERVICE which they are providing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I think someone over there 'done lost they mind'. This is ridiculously overpriced and I have to think it is a place holder price. WoD digital will be $39, just like every other expansion that has had one. If their goal was to prevent people buying multiple copies and merging, I don't see how pricing it as more expensive than buying the expansion is going to do that. I'm the first to say how much I love their games, but this would be stupid if it went live at that price.
    It's the box cost of WoD without the $25 transfer fee to the main account. $59 seems about right.

10+ Year Old Account
    AHAH!
    Just 60? Do they realize there are people out there that would buy that for more?
    I'd have asked for 100$ at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    I always read this argument and I always comes to the same conclusion, it is illogical and retarded.

Pay to win, again is the act of purchasing things that provide an unfair advantage. When you see the scope and design of World of Warcraft comparing buying level 90 with purchasing gear is like comparing apples to space shuttles.

Levelling to 90 is first not challenging and most importantly there's no competition behind it (especially now that in wod there won't be any First Realm for level 100, if devs did not change idea about it) so the part about "win" suddenly lose every single ounce of significance (because there's nothing to win by reaching 90) in the grand scheme of thing.

As for now levelling to 90, paying it or not, is not achievement and has absolutely no significance

Gear is about power and power is about competing in raid progression or PvP. Buying items would be a -huge- deal because it would totally unbalance raid progression competition, purchasing a level 90, now that we're at the end of expansion and it WON'T be max level with WoD has absolutely *NO IMPACT* whatsoever
    How can you say gear is more challenging when leveling to 90 can take considerably more time? Also... are we talking about normal raid gear? A lot would tell you that stuff isn't hard to get. Again, I think people here think it's ok to have pay for win, when they think the service is giving something that is "easy for them". That's where I pretty much totally think it's void of logic.

I think people are also ignoring the fact that in WoW.... you level. It's one of the things everyone has done, it's always been a huge portion of the game. Just because someone thinks "i don't think it's a big deal" they automatically think "well everyone else must not think it's a big deal either". For me personally, the legendary grind was more tolerable than the grind from 85 to 90 lol... and that's saying something.

Beyond that you can argue the gear won't make a lot of a difference outside of PvE, where following mechanics properly will yield you a much better chance at winning then gear. Likewise in world pvp, things like "who has more buddies to help out" can play a bigger role. Of course, still, selling gear would be an advantage, likewise the same thing with leveling. If it wasn't, people wouldn't buy it lol. People seem to think the only part of the game that exists is raiding, I was a hard core raider and I can tell you that's a shallow way to play wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Activisions price:60
    Blizzards: 5

Greedy activision fucks in a nutshell.
    Corporate by-laws require board approval for Activision to have any influence on Blizzard.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Not really "milking". It is an optional SERVICE which they are providing.
    Meh love them or not, it's price gouging. There's no legitimate reason why it needs to be that expensive. Granted several of their services are overprice and provided for free in other games, so it's not like it's a first for them or anything. I don't like it, but it's whatever I guess. It seems more and more like I won't be partaking in their optional services going forward, which is neither here nor there really.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    It's an easy choice for me.

I could buy a level boost to 90... or purchase a brand new copy of Elder Scrolls Online (or any ES game for that matter...)

Yeah, I'm choosing content over a MMORPG convenience which its novelty will wear off in 2 hours.
    It's strange that you are comparing cheating in the game by real money purchases with... actually playing the game. How can cheating give you a new content?
    How did you even get to an insane idea of comparing these two things?

Also I strongly advice you to play on beta before buying ESO. They make awesome singles, but this mmo is way behind most of the mmos currently on the market.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    12 million box sales x 60. (not including battlechests, special editions, etc) 720 mil
    2 years (24 months) of 15$ a month by an average of 9 million player subs. 3.2 billion
    Excluding the payed character transfers, faction changes etc. They made 4 billion during MoP alone.

Thats 2 billion a year they could spend on content, armor models, extra servers, new technologies, etc.
    If anything (assuming what you say is right), Blizzard should be fucking ashamed that they made Mists of Pandaria like this when they had
    4 billion to spend.
    We just had the investors call a couple weeks back. Activision - Blizzard as a whole had just under a billion in profit from 2.3 billion in sales. That's with roughly 7.5 million subs. So it's going to be damn tough to make 3.2 billion over two years from Blizzard alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    It takes 2-3 days /played time for a non-DK/monk under normal circumstances to go 1-90 if you just do quests and don't spend time doing anything else.

A monk with full heirlooms+guild buff and full rested who only levels with the XP buff from the class daily can do it in a little over 1 day /played time.
    We're talking average player. Not MMO champion players. Lots of returning players won't have heirlooms or any other advantages.

$60 bucks is not overpriced. I bet people would pay double that for this service.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh love them or not, it's price gouging. There's no legitimate reason why it needs to be that expensive. Granted several of their services are overprice and provided for free in other games, so it's not like it's a first for them or anything. I don't like it, but it's whatever I guess. It seems more and more like I won't be partaking in their optional services going forward, which is neither here nor there really.
    Here is the reason:

Battle Chest - $20
    WoD (digital) - $40
    Cost to transfer free 90 from new account to main account - $25
    ------------------------------------
    Total - $85

This service simply allows you to get your 90 without having to go through the hassle of paying to move it to your main account. Essentially, we are getting a price break and their service queue to transfer toons doesn't blow up. This way, you pay for the exact same thing, except it is done in 5 seconds instead of 60 minutes... and you save $25 in the process. Seems pretty level to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    $60 bucks is not overpriced. I bet people would pay double that for this service.
    I would especially if it could be to finally have my Gnome Druid, Pally, and Shaman.

Deleted
    This is good. It's high enough so that not anyone would pay it and that means you won't see people pay to have 10 chars auto-leveled or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    It's strange that you are comparing cheating in the game by real money purchases with... actually playing the game. How can cheating give you a new content?
    How did you even get to an insane idea of comparing these two things?

Also I strongly advice you to play on beta before buying ESO. They make awesome singles, but this mmo is way behind most of the mmos currently on the market.
    Either I'm missing something with his statement that refers to anything sounding like cheating...I think his point was that for $60 he could buy a game for the same price as purchasing a Lv90 character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh love them or not, it's price gouging. There's no legitimate reason why it needs to be that expensive.
    There is. It is supposed to motivate players to PLAY THE GAME, not to buy their way up.

But lazy whiners from the new generation of players who got used to pay for pretty much everything in modern pseudo games got the ability to spend money in this game as well.
    Which is good for everyone, because they'll pay for our content as well.

It won't give them any significant advantage so I'm pretty fine with it.
    Well, I would love to see the mandatory title "the stupid" on such players to stay away from them as far as possible, but I guess it's not an option...