Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Chelly
    Worst part about B:Infinite is the shitty nonsensical ending. Of course you can't criticize it, because anyone who complains about the ending "didn't understand it".
    http://youtu.be/VdNhwb7iuI4?t=14m51s explains why it's terrible.

Pretty sad how people are defending Ken Levine. If it was anyone else, like EA for example, it would've caused a massive uproar in multiple gaming communities. He's nothing but a douche with an over-inflated ego, due to getting multiple 10/10 scores for a really flawed game (gameplay and story-wise).

Really sucks for the laid off employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonon View Post
    Worst part about B:Infinite is the shitty contradicting ending. Of course you can't criticize it, because anyone who complains about the ending "didn't understand it".
    http://youtu.be/VdNhwb7iuI4?t=14m51s explains why it's terrible.

Pretty sad how people are defending Ken Levine. If it was anyone else, like EA for example, it would've caused a massive uproar in multiple gaming communities. He's nothing but a douche with an over-inflated ego, due to getting multiple 10/10 scores for a really flawed game (gameplay and story-wise).

Really sucks for the laid off employees.
    A lot of people criticize this game. Nobody is going hipster on anyone in that matter.

I found the ending quite cool, and giving a lot to think about, but still a tad illogical and silly. I think some people, like me, just don't like the "multiverse" stories, this concept is pretty stupid. But yeah, at least I can say I didn't see the ending coming, and when it came, I felt like "oh right, all those little clues, it all adds up now".

Good riddance. Bioshock 1 was good. Bioshock 2 was okay, I guess. But Bioshock Infinite? A mistake that shouldn't have ever been made. Honestly, the only thing that was "Bioshock" in that game was the title.

Also, I don't understand why people are so pissed off at him for firing others. It's business, nothing more. It's in his right to do so. Why should he be forced to do something he doesn't want to do just for the sake of other people?
    Last edited by Nerevar; 2014-02-20 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Why should he be forced to do something he doesn't want to do just for the sake of other people?
    Why couldn't he just leave the company without shutting it down ?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thotor View Post
    Why couldn't he just leave the company without shutting it down ?

Cause it is his company? Would you give up your house so other people can live in it?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Cause it is his company? Would you give up your house so other people can live in it?
    People sell their homes all the time. Chances are wherever you live now had somebody living in there prior. What a stupid analogy

Oh, and if I was offered what I believe is a better home but only if somebody takes my old home, after weighing the benefits of the new home, I'd gladly do that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    People sell their homes all the time. Chances are wherever you live now had somebody living in there prior. What a stupid analogy

Oh, and if I was offered what I believe is a better home but only if somebody takes my old home, after weighing the benefits of the new home, I'd gladly do that

They said LEAVE the company to them, not sell it.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Besides, video game companies aren't charities. It's like in every other field of work, such things are inevitable if the owner decides it to be so. And he is not in the wrong here, he has every right to do what he did and it's okay. Also he said that the people who were laid off will be getting all the support needed for this transaction to be less destructive for them. Here's another analogy, if I'm a RL for a 25 man and one day I decide that I've had enough with this kind of playstyle of 25 man in a group, I will do 10 man out of people I want because I can. I will, however, help those will be left out of the main static by doing alt runs or help them form their own 10 man. Same stuff. Nothing bad. Nothing wrong. I really don't understand why people believe that the owner cannot under any circumstances fire his employees if that's he wants to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Besides, video game companies aren't charities. It's like in every other field of work, such things are inevitable if the owner decides it to be so. And he is not in the wrong here, he has every right to do what he did and it's okay. Also he said that the people who were laid off will be getting all the support needed for this transaction to be less destructive for them. Here's another analogy, if I'm a RL for a 25 man and one day I decide that I've had enough with this kind of playstyle of 25 man in a group, I will do 10 man out of people I want because I can. I will, however, help those will be left out of the main static by doing alt runs or help them form their own 10 man. Same stuff. Nothing bad. Nothing wrong. I really don't understand why people believe that the owner cannot under any circumstances fire his employees if that's he wants to do.
    That analogy isn't entirely perfect. It would be more like if you wanted to start a new guild to PVP or something. Wouldn't you promote a current officer and leave and do your new thing? Basically he had a large guild typed /gdisband and whispered 10 of his buddies to join his new one.

Total dick move I won't buy his games, won't even download even if they're free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    That analogy isn't entirely perfect. It would be more like if you wanted to start a new guild to PVP or something. Wouldn't you promote a current officer and leave and do your new thing? Basically he had a large guild typed /gdisband and whispered 10 of his buddies to join his new one.

Total dick move I won't buy his games, won't even download even if they're free.

No, if it was my guild I would keep it.

To the second part.
    It is more like he kicked those he no longer wanted in his guild and kept the 10 to move on to new stuff.

Deleted
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BioShock_Infinite

The development team chose to work on the game with a heavily-modified Unreal Engine 3, as the original BioShock engine, a modified Unreal Engine 2.x, was deemed inadequate for their vision.[62] According to Levine, Infinite was a game created from scratch, with none of its assets taken from previous BioShock games.[79] In terms of gameplay, the team designed the vertical and open-air spaces of Columbia to provide more opportunities to include various types of combat compared to the close-ranged limits of Rapture within the first BioShock.[37] Irrational also considered options for a multiplayer element but these were later scrapped, with the game ultimately shipping with only the single-player mode.[80] Numerous materials, such as locations, weapons, Vigors, Tear mechanics, characters, and other enemies, were cut from the game as it neared publication, with claims that enough material for five or six games had been scrapped during this process.[69]

There`s some interesting trailers of earlier builds here:
    giantbomb.com/forums/bioshock-infinite-6060/the-dramatic-changes-of-bioshock-infinite-over-dev-1430342/

After an experience like that, it`s no wonder Ken Levine wanted a smaller team and another focus for his future games.

(I`m not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until I post a few times, so you`ll have to insert www or http yourself)

So no one will continue the Bioshock saga? It will just end like this? ...........

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    So no one will continue the Bioshock saga? It will just end like this? ...........
    Ummm, if you actually read what he said I'm not sure how you come up with this.

2k owns the Bioshock franchise, and can/will do whatever they want with it. Since it is a known multi platinum seller you can bet your ass there will be future Bioshock games.

Bioshock 2 also wasn't made by Irrational fyi, only 1 and Infinite where.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    I'll have to track it down, but they did say they're continuing the Bioshock series post shutdown. How and with what developers is anybody's guess..