Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly a bit let down that there are only going to be 7 new dungeons for 10 levels.
    In WOTLK we had 12 for 10 levels.
    I personally enjoy seeing new dungeons the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    They are planning on upping the difficulty - they acknowledge that MoP's heroics were tuned too low. Probably because so many people QQed about Cata heroics.

You hear that kids? Be careful what you QQ for, you just might get it.

Personally I love the Cata heroics. Some of the best dungeons in the game.
    MoP heroics weren't meant to be 'heroic', it was just the name they put on normal dungeons for level 90s to differentiate them from the leveling versions.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    There are no level 90 regular dungeons.

The Mists of Pandaria heroic dungeons are easier than the Cataclysm heroic dungeons.* Once we made that decision, we thought that having two versions of the level 90 dungeons (normal and heroic) didn't make sense because they would be very similar in difficulty and offer similar loot. We thought about calling them something besides "heroic," since heroic tends to mean hard to a lot of players, but we also needed to call them something, because some dungeons like Temple of the Jade Serpent have a lower-level and a level 90 version. We thought about calling them "level 90 versions" but figured "heroic" required less explanation. (We also could have dispensed with lower level dungeons, or made lower level versions of the level 90 dungeons, but we felt like both solutions were just to make the nomenclature of "heroic" more clear, which seemed like bad reasons.)

TLDR: Some Mists of Pandaria dungeons have lower level and level 90 versions. Others just have level 90 versions. In both cases, the level 90 versions are called "heroic."

* - If you like very difficult dungeons, Challenge Modes are targeted at you. (Source)
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2014-02-20 at 08:38 AM.

I think wods dungeons are a step in the right direction. We just need more of them imo.

Having a Normal version and Heroic always appealed to me more. I enjoyed it in TBC Wrath and Cata. Now we just need dungeon tier sets to make a come back (hell make it 3 set items (head shoulders and legs).

Deleted
    I like the idea of difficult 5man bosses, but I don't think they should be super unforgiving like a select few in Cata (read: Baron Ashbury). It was fine pugging it the first week since that's when all the hardcores leveled up, but damn that boss was a pain in the ass after that. If I recall, they actually removed one of his abilities (1s cast heal that healed him for like half his health iirc) just because of the low success rate on that boss. IMO a good difficulty for a puggable boss would be something like the last boss in Grim Batol, it wasn't ridiculously hard, walk in to the Void Zone when he was charging up his massive AoE, kill some adds before they get to Eggs and kill the boss, if you ignored the mechanics you wiped, but the mechanics themselves weren't super hard and gave a good idea for some boss mechanics imo. Good way to get new players used to common raid mechanics.

What I don't expect to see is TBC level of difficulty of dungeons, not because they don't want to do it, but I think it would be unrealistic without overtuning stuff extremely, TBC heroics were hard because you had limited CC, tank threat mattered, less cool downs/tools to mitigate damage which meant that one trash mob on its own could quite literally walk up to your tank, punch him in the face once and he'd fall over dead.

Or they could just make CMs as hard as Cata/TBC heroics (seriously the MoP ones were not difficult at all, even before all the class buffs.) and have them award pre-raid gear and just have 5man heroics for something that Casuals can do to get the ilvl for lfr.

just my 2c.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Bring back Heroic BC dungeons ;_; CC and all! I liked the planning and strategy
    Put planning and strategy into raids when i have set 3 hours of time to play the game and get stuff done. Most of the time when im newly gearing up after a new expansion i have maybe a hour a night i can play the game.

Part of the reason i quit in cata was the dungeons took longer then the amount of time i could play at one time, so i couldn't get the gear to raid on the nights i have more time to play and it took the fun out of it.

I'd honestly like to see a fair mix of difficulty, both easy and challenging in the new instances. "Fun" should be paramount in designing the new WoW dungeon bosses.

Does anyone here remember the Blackheart the Inciter encounter from Shadow Labs? The boss's MC mechanic could get downright hilarious, especially if one player's character significantly out geared the other. If you happened to die in that part of the encounter, most often there was plenty of time to release, run back and rejoin the encounter without having the party wipe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata dungeons did rule. I hope they really make Blackrock Spire amazing. I've recently started soloing BWL for xmog on my shaman and man do I miss these dungeons. I never did them in vanilla because I was still low level but even as a 60 in BC they were still so fun.

Monk Shaman

I had a bowl of nails for breakfast......without any milk.

I'm fine with easy dungeons as long as there is also a route to gear up for experienced players/pre-made groups(friends) without getting bored to death and the only way to find some challenge is by pulling half the dungeon.
    Mythic dungeons please, much harder with a lower time/reward ratio (for example twice as much JP/VP and twice as much item drops so in the end we all get the same rewards but if you take the hard route you gear up quicker).
    Last edited by Gilian; 2014-02-20 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Troggdor View Post
    If there was one thing Cataclysm did correctly, it was giving us a decent amount of dungeons bosses with a mechanic that will fuck up your day if you weren't paying attention. The first and third bosses of Stonecore, the second boss of Throne of Tides, and the first and third bosses of BRC, as examples. My hope for the WoD dungeons is bosses that can kill you, and maybe a trash pack here or there where CC makes its return ... nice and simple ... whatcha think?

Personally, I hope they add determination to LFD groups. One of the biggest problems with LFD groups is the drop rate every time there is a wipe. Blizzard's response was in part to make instances easier and get rid of the need for CC. Determination would hopefully encourage groups to stick together post wipe, and allow Blizzard to make instances a bit tougher. I don't love the idea of determination, but I think it is a small price to pay in order to increase instance difficulty a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree - I have 5 tanks and think fights like the Sha in Terrace of Endless Springs are borefests. There's nothing at all that really requires both hands and situational awareness. Heck I can't think of a boss mechanic in the dungeons that will insta-gibb you (some will get you if they go on too long).

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

Deleted
    If you want hard content do heroic raiding. 5 mans need to be fast and clean, end of.

Lightbulb Enlightenment - A feat of strength

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    I'd honestly like to see a fair mix of difficulty, both easy and challenging in the new instances. "Fun" should be paramount in designing the new WoW dungeon bosses.

Does anyone here remember the Blackheart the Inciter encounter from Shadow Labs? The boss's MC mechanic could get downright hilarious, especially if one player's character significantly out geared the other. If you happened to die in that part of the encounter, most often there was plenty of time to release, run back and rejoin the encounter without having the party wipe.
    I have always loved MC as a mechanic. When you get MC'd your friends change to red and you start attacking them. I would love a screenshot of my puzzled look face from Vanilla when I first encountered this. It incredibly, still takes others a sec or two to realize their own are pummeling them, if they didn't expect it (lFR Garrosh.) Why people don't read the dungeon journal when starting a new encounter is beyond me, but common as sin. Heck, read it for selfish reasons like what gear may drop for you, so you know if you should use your extra roll on it, if not for being a team player.

side note: How do you financially support so many toons without a single 90? I noticed a few of the same class and two 89's in your sig.. I know its much harder to support an alt that is on another server without a "main" at max level on the same server, let alone never having one. Im just curious. I would be itching to max a first one to check out some end game content, collect gold for quests, etc. You must be very patient to almost max at 89 and be able to repeat the quests again on an alt ALL THE WAY to 89 Its like the WOW pets, max one to lvl25, and it becomes easy to level many more, even two at a time. Has anyone else asked you this question before? It may not seem like much, but having a max toon first, to collect account wide heirlooms/100% boosts to rep, gold, and so-forth would make leveling alts much, much easier. Since I'm being nosey and suggesting help, when not asked, lol ill go all the way and say... Blizz gives special rewards that are a secret, to accounts that level a Horde toon to max first. Plus a "feat of strength" called Red is better than blue. It sounds crazy they would pick sides like this, I know, but the reward is called "enlightenment." I think I get a new mount if you switch to Horde as your main, my main account toon gets "wings," 310 speed in fact!!