When does Fury beat Arms?

Hi guys!

I want to play Fury but for a start I need two weapons! But I've heard a lot of discussion about the point that fury is better, some say 520 ilvl some say 550. I was just wondering what you think!

Daniel

Fury becomes better than Arms when you've truly learned how to play Fury. I'd recommend that you get dualspec, or at least switch between them quite often while you're between the two benchmarks that you said, and then as you gain more gear try to see when you "feel" like you're stronger as Fury than you are as Arms.

If you start to practice Fury with 520 I-lvl you'll notice that once you've reached 550 the rotation feels a lot smoother, and you've already grown accustomed to the rotation.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

With how easily you can get decent gear I think fury would always be better than arms in terms of single target. The real question is probably titans grip or single minded fury.

Quote Originally Posted by aimbag View Post
    With how easily you can get decent gear I think fury would always be better than arms in terms of single target. The real question is probably titans grip or single minded fury.
    Still easier to pull decent DPS as arms while trying to get decent gear and your question is obsolete. SMF used to be viable but nowadays TG is far superior. TG overtook SMF once we could hit ToT BiS gear and has kept increasing the distance. Especially with the new rotation which includes Bladestorm.

Farm gear as arms and change to TG once you have good enough gear/want to. Has the advantage that you only need one single weapon instead of two to switch as well.

Deleted
    Havent mathed it out and depends on your gear stats but i'd say till SoO normal you can play arms just fine. When you are mostly SoO normal geared/getting ready to go for hcs you can make the switch and definately do more dps as fury.

edit...more dps as fury single target at least
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2014-02-28 at 07:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't mistake it either, arms can do just fine in a heroic raiding environment also. It isn't that far behind fury, and is ahead of some specs. Ask warriorsarri :P

Well, Arms is OP. The issue is that Fury is OP'er then Arms.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Don't mistake it either, arms can do just fine in a heroic raiding environment also. It isn't that far behind fury, and is ahead of some specs. Ask warriorsarri :P
    Well fine means decent? and relatively to fury? Sure now on farm i played full arms except garrosh for fun and ranks;p Did i do it during progression except the 2 aoe fights?

Probably means jack but with same gear on IJ, one reset fury after the other arms ,not much fight time difference, 90k or so between them. Seems alot single target, tho i could suck big time as arms

Fury beats arms when you BLADESTOOOOOOOORRRMMM!!! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Takeshiren View Post
    Hi guys!

I want to play Fury but for a start I need two weapons! But I've heard a lot of discussion about the point that fury is better, some say 520 ilvl some say 550. I was just wondering what you think!

Daniel
    Whatever weapon you use for Arms, and some random level 90 blue weapon are better than Arms. Neither are hard to play, Fury has the added benefit of actually being a good spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are good at fury past an ilevel of around 555-560, it will pull ahead. However, you can be bad at arms and do almost as well as a mediocre fury warrior at most ilevels.

I normally don't like to say a specific ilevel when I'm asked this question. Mainly because you can have all haste/hit or haste/mastery gear in Normal Mode ilevel. Even though this is probably not 100% true I just say, If you feel like your as good at fury as you are at Arms then go Fury at 30% crit (unbuffed) with Amp/CDR trinket or 35% (unbuffed) without them. Probably not 100% true but its still shouldn't be to far off.