Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Racist Attack in Glasgow (Scotland) - Too Lenient Punishment?

Recently a TV show on the BBC, showed the lives of people that work on Sauchiehall Street in Glasgow, the camera crew caught the following on camera which was shown on the show.

I feel absolutely ashamed to be Scottish when I saw it, I was even more disgusted when I found out the punishment the racist twats were given, The one yelling the racist obscenities was given 4 months jail time aswell as 6 months for racially abusing an Asian Police Woman in a separate incident.

The other guy that was physical, was given an on the spot fine and released the following day. Not to mention practically lying about what happened when their is actual video evidence.

Here's the story : http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...racist-3164488
    : http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...rancis-3167992

Do you think the punishment for this behaviour was fitting? or too lenient?
    Last edited by The Glitch; 2014-02-21 at 08:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sentencing seems appropriate if they'd actually serve that amount of time .
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    The sentencing seems appropriate if they'd actually serve that amount of time .
    I agree with that, you get 4 months you should do 4 months.

I do have an issue with this though, in that the guy who physically attacked got basically a slap on the wrists, I think both should be put away for x amount of time, and I feel 4 months is waay too little, harsher punishments are needed for this kind of hate and abuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    I agree with that, you get 4 months you should do 4 months.

I do have an issue with this though, in that the guy who physically attacked got basically a slap on the wrists, I think both should be put away for x amount of time, and I feel 4 months is waay too little, harsher punishments are needed for this kind of hate and abuse.
    Yeah I wouldn't be upset in the slightest if they both got a year in prison, but at the same time they made me laugh more than anything because they seemed like bumbling fools.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't be upset in the slightest if they both got a year in prison, but at the same time they made me laugh more than anything because they seemed like bumbling fools.
    Oh for sure, they just made arses of themselves, while not putting the seriousness of the incident away, they truly looked like fools and if I wasn't sitting there looking and feeling so shocked I would have probably laughed at them.

Recently a TV show on the BBC, showed the lives of people that work on Sauchiehall Street in Glasgow, the camera crew caught the following on camera which was shown on the show.

I feel absolutely ashamed to be Scottish when I saw it, I was even more disgusted when I found out the punishment the racist twats were given, The one yelling the racist obscenities was given 4 months jail time aswell as 6 months for racially abusing an Asian Police Woman in a separate incident.

The other guy that was physical, was given an on the spot fine and released the following day. Not to mention practically lying about what happened when their is actual video evidence.

Here's the story : http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...racist-3164488
    : http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...rancis-3167992

The fine for getting physical is too lenient. Four months for stating your opinion, even in a garish and abrasive manner, is WRONG and a step towards population oppression. If you're dumb enough to hate all people of a certain skin color, your own stupid mouth will soon enough find you estranged from civilized society as it moves on. Jailing someone for four months for repeatedly using racial slurs, whether against a police officer or not, is a mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile, everyone's ignoring the fact the Knockout Game was a racially motivated thing....With NONE of the Black participate serving time, or even being charged for their video recorded attacks on Whites. Funny how its a pick and choose "Who's the Racist", in our society.
    Last edited by Synros; 2014-02-21 at 08:32 PM.

Deleted
    Bad times.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindahuge View Post
    The fine for getting physical is too lenient. Four months for stating your opinion, even in a garish and abrasive manner, is WRONG and a step towards population oppression. If you're dumb enough to hate all people of a certain skin color, your own stupid mouth will soon enough find you estranged from civilized society as it moves on. Jailing someone for four months for repeatedly using racial slurs, whether against a police officer or not, is a mistake.
    I disagree, abusing and intimidating someone because of their skin colour, and because they believe said person is *taking from our country* should be dealt with severely, they should not get a warning or a fine for such unwarranted hate. The guy was out busking minding his own business, doing no harm to anyone, and suddenly some arse gets it in his head its ok to intimidate and abuse him, in what world is that ok? In what world should that go severely unpunished?

Doesn't matter the colour of their skin, anyone being treated like that, same goes. Nothing will get better if there aren't consequences to our actions.

The judge would have followed sentencing guidelines and I doubt the busker would have been interested in pressing charges on the guy who tried to attack him as such I think they are fitting.

Deleted
    Time for physical attack? Yes. Time for words someone said? No.

Deleted
    They didn't even touch the guy. People demanding extreme punishment are beyond laughable and ignorant, and pretty much proves that whatever trace of knowledge the average people have about justice, is overshadowed by a biased, even vile, idea sprung from their own misconception and prejudice.

Lets be fair it was appauling to watch it, but he's also incredibly lucky he didn't wind up being arrested himself for his reactions. He was aggressive in his reaction which could have lead to severe trouble for him, inclusive of brandishing his trolley as a weapon, I get that in Scotland it's fucking disgraceful that you have twats who think it's OK to racially abuse someone, but it's not helped when the guy looks set to fight as well. I also took exception to his smoking weed & drinking in the streets, both of which are illegal in Scotland all while bemoaning the fact he doesn't have any money.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

I am from sunny Glasgow, scum like that do no favours for my city. I would put them on display in the city centre and flog them, that would surely do more good.

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Lets be fair it was appauling to watch it, but he's also incredibly lucky he didn't wind up being arrested himself for his reactions. He was aggressive in his reaction which could have lead to severe trouble for him, inclusive of brandishing his trolley as a weapon, I get that in Scotland it's fucking disgraceful that you have twats who think it's OK to racially abuse someone, but it's not helped when the guy looks set to fight as well. I also took exception to his smoking weed & drinking in the streets, both of which are illegal in Scotland all while bemoaning the fact he doesn't have any money.
    Yeah, he should have just taken his kicking from the two racists! What an absolute tosser!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    Meanwhile, everyone's ignoring the fact the Knockout Game was a racially motivated thing....With NONE of the Black participate serving time, or even being charged for their video recorded attacks on Whites. Funny how its a pick and choose "Who's the Racist", in our society.
    This guy knows whats up.

On topic: Those two guys had no right or reason to attack him, but seeing as no harm was done (they didn't even hit him) I think the punishment is fine, apart from the one for the verbal ''abuse''

Deleted
    Damn, that's disgusting. People wanting to physically abuse someone for saying offensive words. It's like the Middle Ages. What's Europe coming to..

Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    This guy knows whats up.
    Actually he fabricated some bullshit in that comment, so ...
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcoo7 View Post
    I am from sunny Glasgow, scum like that do no favours for my city. I would put them on display in the city centre and flog them, that would surely do more good.
    Every city all across the world has idiots like them fortunately they are becoming rarer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Yeah, he should have just taken his kicking from the two racists! What an absolute tosser!
    Problem is here in Glasgow, if you take a beating there is pretty high chance your taking a knife in the stomach too. No thanks, i always defend myself, thankfully ive always been pretty good at that.