Leveling in BG's

Hey all,

Sorry I tried to see if there was a post already but couldn't find one so sorry if it's a repost:

Just got back into the game a bit, want to casually level up. The only class I've never leveled is a warrior so that's my next path. I just hit level 11 and was wondering a couple of things:

1. Are que times still insane at low levels? I remember before that it was sometimes up to an hour to get into BG's, still the case?

2. Is it actually viable to level up this way? I vaguely remember the EXP just not being good enough compared to simply questing/doing dungeons but I really don't recall 100%.

Any help (or even a "hey go read this website lazy") would be appreciated!

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome back! You're engaging in my favourite past-time: battleground leveling.

1. Queue times are quite normalized, though around the 50's expect longer waiting periods.

2. Experience gain is somewhat low to average depending on whether you win or lose. I can't give exact numbers.

Well it's AV call to arms now, and that is by far the fastest way to level in bg's specially if you are alliance as they tend to win most games in av. They nerfed experience gain in cata i think, in wrath etc you could level fine in bg's, not sure why they nerfed the xp gain.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Well it's AV call to arms now, and that is by far the fastest way to level in bg's specially if you are alliance as they tend to win most games in av. They nerfed experience gain in cata i think, in wrath etc you could level fine in bg's, not sure why they nerfed the xp gain.
    Can you do AV at that low a level?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, have fun getting one-shot by lots of op classes in full heirlooms on your way up to max level is all I can really say. You can level through bg's, but I don't care to. It's very much a matter of what class you are and what gear you're in. If you're the wrong class in leveling greens, you're SOL, sorry to say. Someone had to say it. Low level PvP balance is as unfair and neglected as ever.
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling via BGs is only viable once you can queue for a random. I think the lowest you can do that is around level 40-50. If you have to select the BG manually, it won't be worth your time as you won't get any bonus xp.

Quote Originally Posted by Solmyr13 View Post
    Can you do AV at that low a level?
    It's level 40 something.

Ques aren't that long low level.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're trying to level up fast it won't suit you. But if you learn to enjoy it you'll find you're leveling up too fast (or at least I did). I ended up doing 10-74 and deleted my character to do it all over again because I felt like I missed out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    They nerfed experience gain in cata i think, in wrath etc you could level fine in bg's, not sure why they nerfed the xp gain.
    It needed a nurf. In cata bg leveling was too fast. I'd use RDF to get 1 or 2 pieces of gear. Then run a few low lvl bgs before I would lvl up and I was kicked out of the bracket. So every 5 levels I'd have run another RDF to get new gear for the higher bracket.

I found q's to be long at low level. But the real problem with class balance. Hunters and warriors two-shot people for long stretches and ti can be very painful to die over and over again to imbalance.

It can be fun, but it definitely isn't fast. Queue times are OK but the XP isn't as good as other ways of leveling. And class balance is really atrocious. If you have no BOAs and getting your butt kicked repeatedly frustrates you, it probably isn't the way to go. But if you just love BGs and don't mind the imbalance issue it is absolutely a viable way to level.