Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You made a similar thread in 2013, with no follow-up. It literally has 0 replies, including your own, so are you a developer? A paid monkey? A total of 15 posts since March 2013, ironically enough the previous thread is also from March 2013, that's (almost)exactly a year ago. You're still in pre-alpha after a year.

I don't know, my senses are tingling.

Quote Originally Posted by Zannis View Post
    "Players will be straying far from the "go here kill 10 rabbits" mission archetype that seems to be so prevalent in other MMOs of today. The world will be a place where the actions of one individual can have global consequences and ramifications."

Heard this so many times from so many games that have failed to deliver on this.

I'll believe it when there's footage supporting this almost-always false claim.
    I have to agree with this. Can't think of a single MMO that has any other style. And as for the "one individual can have global consequences"... Yeah, okay. I'll believe that when I see it. There isn't a MMO in the world where one player makes any difference at all.

I have basically zero expectations for this, other than I kind of expect it to fail.

Deleted
    the game's graphics look kinda boring and dull tbh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    the game's graphics look kinda boring and dull tbh
    Agreed, but as mentioned several times now, they are currently placeholder assets put in place until the full detail/quality ones have been created. Expect this to be soon as there is a lot of stuff in the pipeline that is nearing completion.

Sometimes its best not to show something until its completed because people may assume that it represents the final visuals of a game or they have never heard of the term "placeholder asset" before. The youtube videos were essentially made for "internal" purposes. Proper videos showing non pre alpha graphics are coming soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    The concept art looks amazing; the graphics in-game look about '02 at best. Ew.

Placeholder or not, if they aren't severely updated before launch, this game is going to look terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    You made a similar thread in 2013, with no follow-up. It literally has 0 replies, including your own, so are you a developer? A paid monkey? A total of 15 posts since March 2013, ironically enough the previous thread is also from March 2013, that's (almost)exactly a year ago. You're still in pre-alpha after a year.

I don't know, my senses are tingling.
    You can see from the quality of the concept art in that old thread compared to what we have today, that a WHOLE lot has changed in terms of our art quality goals and even team organisation. The better part of the last year was dedicated to planning, team building, training and everything else that it takes to start up a video game development company.

Things dont magically spring up over night with any sort of business.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    The concept art looks amazing; the graphics in-game look about '02 at best. Ew.

Placeholder or not, if they aren't severely updated before launch, this game is going to look terrible.
    Oh believe me, what you see there is not even 10% quality of what is now being made.
    Last edited by mmoc778ee92988; 2014-02-24 at 07:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus2015 View Post
    You can see from the quality of the concept art in that old threat compared to what we have today, that a WHOLE lot has changed in terms of our art quality goals and even team organisation. The better part of the last year was dedicated to planning, team building, training and everything else that it takes to start up a video game development company.

Things dont magically spring up over night with any sort of business.

Oh believe me, what you see there is not even 10% quality of what is now being made.
    Well, that's reassuring to hear. I will definitely keep my eyes on this, and show it to my friends! About damned time people pulled out of the freaking fantasy world and did more Sci-Fi MMOs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I'm wondering how much you're going to base this on Neocron.

Your "Cybernet" screenshot is practically ripped directly out of Neocron's Hacknet. From what is on your website, a lot of it seems to mirror Neocron quite closely.
    Last edited by FlawlessSoul; 2014-02-24 at 08:11 AM.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Reminds me of Face of Mankind. And not in a good way, since that one failed.
    2. Why no graphics? What happened to it?
    3. PVP is the end-game? No thanks.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    I'm wondering how much you're going to base this on Neocron.

Your "Cybernet" screenshot is practically ripped directly out of Neocron. From what is on your website, a lot of it seems to mirror Neocron quite closely.
    Neocron is the father of all Cyberpunk games that are worth knowing about. It is a great inspiration for us and many of the development team are fans of the game itself. The cybernet on Exile Online will have a much greater impact on the game than the version of cyberspace featured in Neocron, which seemed to essentially be an afterthought.

As with any game based on sci-fi or cyberpunk, there will be similarities to what has come before no matter how different a system is created or how it plays out. All game developers can do is to make sure the game is fun to play, not stale and doesnt contain too many MMO cliche's (hi static NPC, give me a mission to go kill 25 wolfknackerbockers, thank you).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    1. Reminds me of Face of Mankind. And not in a good way, since that one failed.
    2. Why no graphics? What happened to it?
    3. PVP is the end-game? No thanks.
    Face of Mankind did not seem to be very action oriented from the short time i played it. No graphics? what does that mean. Also where does it say anywhere that PvP is the endgame? As with any MMO PvP is balanced with PvE and other sandbox features that means a player is not stuck doing 1 thing all day every day until the game becomes stale and boring.

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone wants to pose a direct question on the forums, be sure to do so. There is a FAQ thread located there that answers most of the questions posted on this forum - http://exile-online.com/forums/5/the-great-question-thread-18

As time goes on, new FAQ's will be added to the ongoing list. As the site is brand new, the FAQ page is still under construction.

Neocron is the father of all Cyberpunk games that are worth knowing about. It is a great inspiration for us and many of the development team are fans of the game itself. The cybernet on Exile Online will have a much greater impact on the game than the version of cyberspace featured in Neocron, which seemed to essentially be an afterthought.
    Let me rephrase. That is a screenshot of Neocron's Hacknet, or you are both using assets from Neocron and applying the same "code" filter to the screen.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Let me rephrase. That is a screenshot of Neocron's Hacknet, or you are both using assets from Neocron and applying the same "code" filter to the screen.
    It is a placeholder image until our concept artist gets the actual finalised one complete. You can see on the game features section that the clans entry doesnt even have that much of an image yet. Any image is better than a big white box.

10+ Year Old Account
    They would've been better off without showing a video of the current state of it because what they have made so far looks like utter shit. Concept art is good and all, the video on the other hand is extremely off-putting. If they were in alpha or beta I might actually care enough to visit the site but right now I have no interest in holding my breath for 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    pre alpha? not that im not interested but thats a long ways off

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lokinrond713 View Post
    pre alpha? not that im not interested but thats a long ways off
    Public closed Alpha testing is due to commence at the start of next year, its not that far off. There is a lot of work to be done, which includes taking all old placeholder art assets (models and GUI) and replacing them with the new stuff that is nearing completion. We plan on going to Eurogamer in september this year and setting up a booth to demonstrate the game being played live.

We had hoped to make it to Gamecom this year but we may just miss out on that.
    Last edited by mmoc778ee92988; 2014-02-24 at 08:26 AM.

May I ask how big the development team is?

And where is kickstarted project or someone big is behind you?
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2014-02-24 at 08:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    They would've been better off without showing a video of the current state of it because what they have made so far looks like utter shit. Concept art is good and all, the video on the other hand is extremely off-putting. If they were in alpha or beta I might actually care enough to visit the site but right now I have no interest in holding my breath for 5 years.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and i happen to agree with yours on this one. All the old videos will be deleted at some point and replaced with shiny new ones. As mentioned a couple of times, the stuff is basic placeholder assets created by the team a while back. They in no way represent what is currently being made.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    May I ask how big is development team?
    The development team currently stands at 16.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and i happen to agree with yours on this one. All the old videos will be deleted at some point and replaced with shiny new ones. As mentioned a couple of times, the stuff is basic placeholder assets created by the team a while back. They in no way represent what is currently being made.

The development team currently stands at 16.
    I'm sorry for being the eternal critic, but that's what I do, I critique. You say you have 16 people working on this, yet your concept art section has no more than 25 images. The video you showed is 2:xx minutes, it contains mostly those concept art screenshots. Your website does not properly scale to widescreen resolution (at least not 1600x900), which suggests amateurism.

You are using images not owned by you to spice up your webpage, as suggested in this thread, this suggests a lack of moral fiber and might include more than one image. You didn't update your previous thread, but chose to make a new one (one might wonder why).

You can't come in, advertise your own MMO (it's barely legal within MMO-C rules) and as an excuse mention that everything you see now is a placeholder. If your team is 16 men and/or women large, why don't you have someone to advertise it for you? Why do you personally come here? Why do I not see any of your other developers interact directly with the community on the boards, even though you currently basically only have 3 subscribers worth mentioning.

I'm currently not buying it.

How about you post a picture of your team, working on the game from whatever office you have. How about posting a little more early-alpha material from the game itself. 16 people should be able to get a lot more done in a year than 25 images. I'm sorry, I'm definitely in the skeptical corner.

You're creating an MMO and only have 16 people working on the project. An MMO is essentially the biggest undertaking for a game genre and only having that many people leads me to believe the game either won't be very good or will still be developing for another 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    You're creating an MMO and only have 16 people working on the project. An MMO is essentially the biggest undertaking for a game genre and only having that many people leads me to believe the game either won't be very good or will still be developing for another 20 years.
    This makes no sense whatsoever. How much work do you think there is in a pre-alpha build? 16 people in itself seems like overkill at this point. As the project progresses you need more and more people, because marketing needs to expand, you need to have a proper network infrastructure, etc. But right now, you need people that are making the building blocks. In my opinion, 16 is easily enough to get the project going.

That, purely in defense of the number 16.