Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    With the recent comments about Blizz wanting us to spend most of our time in our garrison, I'm curious if they will have trade chat. I hope so.

The only thing i want now is that it becomes acount wide,

Personally, I'm hoping that the suggestion that your account's alt characters be usable as followers makes it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    The only thing i want now is that it becomes acount wide,
    Nope, that'd hinder the benefit that you would get from haveing more than one character. He mentioned, level them faster on alts mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Not the question, though.

Ok, so, there will be several POTENTIAL places for Garrisons to be. I go to a place where an ally garrison could be placed (I'm ally in this example). Do I just see open grass or trees or whatever?
    If the owner is not in your group, yes. As far as we know, there will be one potential place for a Garrison in each area, it'll probably be isolated from the usual questing and gathering of said area anyway.

So he can hide from an ally whose Garrison is in Shadowmoon Valley by going into that area, and he can't be followed?
    Yes. The Alliance player will see his Garrison, the Horde player will see the empty plot.

Or at least the ones with Garrisons there. Interesting.
    Exactly. If the Horde player doesn't have his Garrison there, you'll probably both see the natural terrain.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    "Most followers will be Draenor locals" lends support to my theory that the first thing we do in the expansion is damage the Dark Portal and trap ourselves on this side with no backup, so I'm quite pleased to hear it.
    Still don't think it's happening. The reason they're locals is because this is a secret suicide mission. It's not Pandaria where we rolled tanks up the beach. We'll get Azerothian races, but they'll be randomized and not the fixed ones.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As Alliance gets continually shafted in almost every other aspect, I'm really excited to have Shadowmoon to ourselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Stopped reading here...

I understand why, but I don't agree with it. Wouldn't you think that the opposite faction would have a base out of the way in order to at least keep an eye on the other?

Do not agree with this at all...
    If you want a base a stone's throw from the other side's main base, be my guest. I hope your Garrison is under constant siege by level 100 elite guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Classiccs View Post
    As Alliance gets continually shafted in almost every other aspect, I'm really excited to have Shadowmoon to ourselves.
    Suit yourself. Frostfire Ridge looks a lot more awesome in my opinion. Lucky for both of us, we both get our better looking area.

Good post, some tweets here I had missed. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer Ice/Snow zones, I'm more than happy to have Forstfire.

Looked amazing in that recent press video.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I would love to have a garrison deep in enemy lands, there would be those who'd abuse the phasing to harass leveling characters.
    Patience is a virtue. I never claimed to be virtuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    I'm not asking to be on their door step. I'm asking for a position out of the way to keep an eye on troop movements
    You're not there to fight to other faction, you're there to fight the Iron Horde.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, instead of afkin around in cities, players will now afk at their garrisons.

So, players with no gathering professions will still be able to gather stuff via garrisons. I sense a price drop on materials.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Well, instead of afkin around in cities, players will now afk at their garrisons.

So, players with no gathering professions will still be able to gather stuff via garrisons. I sense a price drop on materials.
    I imagine that if this works out and prices do drop (because let's face it, they're highly inflated now) that we may actually see gathering professions go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I imagine that if this works out and prices do drop (because let's face it, they're highly inflated now) that we may actually see gathering professions go away.
    No thanks, i actually enjoy mining and herbing...........yes, yes i do.

On what carcass of a server are you playing on? On my server, every Pandarian gathering material is cheaper than TBC grays. Ghost Iron Ore is about 2 gold each on my server. If anything, I hope the Garrisons use a lot of ores/bars to build stuff, and not just gold or whatever they're currently thinking of.

Deleted
    I'm one of those few people that want to have my Garrison on Gorgrond.

People can already farm herbs/ore/leather on the tillers farm, yet that hasn't reduced prices by any significant margin, why? Because not every player in the game logs in everyday to manage the farm.

In addition to that the amount of resources you will actually get is going to be insignificant in relation to what a player can gather in an hour. So no, gathering professions won't be going anywhere at all, some of us enjoy gathering.

Deleted
    There's a thing i still haven't figured out.

Are Garrisons phased to the player? or will we see thousands of garrisons out in the open world?
    I can't imagine they won't be phased but they sort of make it sound as they aren't phased...

i am confused.