Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Wow, that's insane... Got no cap here, 100Mbit/s up and download, costs me 30 euro a month. I can pay an additional 20 euro and get 1000Mbit/s instead, also no cap at all.

On topic: 48GB for a multiplayer FPS game? Cool.
    Got 1Gbit/s for 3 euro a month, gotta love college dorm internet connection ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    22 GB download size, but you acutally need ~60 GB harddisk-space to install the game ... for whatever reason
    That's cause you're downloading 22GB, installing 30GB from the presumably compressed file(s), and then (maybe) deleting the 22GB. That's generally how installation works. So it needs that much but doesn't actually consume that much.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Whats the difference between COD and Titanfall?

The download size.
    Don't forget the mechs!

Which you can't see while you're inside it.

Woo...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    My Australian Internet cried at the thought of that.
    Isn't the game going to be near unplayable in Australia to begin with?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The previous beta weekend client was a 22GB download and sits in my HDD at 30GB. Not sure where you're getting 60GB from >.>
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/storefaq

Didn't knew how much you needed to download, only guessed from there
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAztaroth View Post
    With that size I'm expecting at least 100 map, or more than wow's content/worldsize.

I have a feeling I'll be disappointed. // Probbly gunna stick to hawken.
    I was hoping for a ton of maps but the website only lists 2 maps in a section dedicated to them. The beta was decently fun, but it needs a bit of work and a LOT more in the way of maps to even think about throwing money at them.

Deleted
    Woah, that's bigger than any MMO and larger than any other FPS that I remember downloading. I'm actually curious of why that is..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The previous beta weekend client was a 22GB download and sits in my HDD at 30GB. Not sure where you're getting 60GB from >.>
    its the official size posted on pre-order spec sheets. Wasnt the stress test like an old build which only went to a certain level cap aswell.

...Renember when you first installed wow back inn 2004/2005, and tough "HOLE FUCKING GUT...10B ?§!!!!!!"

Ah yes....tech moves fast,
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCakepie View Post
    Woah, that's bigger than any MMO and larger than any other FPS that I remember downloading. I'm actually curious of why that is..
    It's nothing special, just horrible horrible compression and the programmers of Titanfall should be flung off a building.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are simulators that take so much more than this...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Don't forget the mechs!

Which you can't see while you're inside it.

Woo...

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't the game going to be near unplayable in Australia to begin with?
    ??? /10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    All this means is they did the exact same lazy job of compressing files as ghosts did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    ??? /10chars
    There is no Aussie servers so we are stuck at 200-400 ms vsing Americans with 20-50ms.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    There is no Aussie servers so we are stuck at 200-400 ms vsing Americans with 20-50ms.
    This. I've been hearing a lot of issues with Aussie lag in the beta. And it looks like that the servers won't be ready for launch, nor does the game support private servers. With all of this, it seems to put the Aussies at a severe disadvantage.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You and me both buddy

Fuck this 19th century infrastructure.

- - - Updated - - -

Read this and weep.

Telstra's the biggest ISP in Australia. Entry level plans - 5Gb cap. $70 a month.

https://www.telstra.com.au/bundles/index.htm#select
    It's the same here in Canada, except Bells intro pack for a 2MB connection is a whopping 2 GB per month for $65... with $3 per GB you go over max 20GB... so this game would take me 2 months and over $300 to download or 2 years of doing nothing else on the internet at all if I were to use that plan ><

Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    It's the same here in Canada, except Bells intro pack for a 2MB connection is a whopping 2 GB per month for $65... with $3 per GB you go over max 20GB... so this game would take me 2 months and over $300 to download or 2 years of doing nothing else on the internet at all if I were to use that plan ><
    That isn't Canada, that is Bell. I have Shaw , 450GB cap, 50mb down I think its like $80 for my internet package or something

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    That isn't Canada, that is Bell. I have Shaw , 450GB cap, 50mb down I think its like $80 for my internet package or something
    Where do you live? I've lived in Toronto, Ottawa, and am now living about an hour west of Ottawa. The best Internet I could ever get was in Ottawa 2 years ago from Rogers, and it was a 6MB connection with an 80GB cap from Rogers. Now that I am in the country the only provider is Bell, so I am stuck with 2MB and 60GB cap which is the best they offer here. At least I am not in the Madawaska valley.... they still only have dial up and 256/512 MB caps.

Unless you are lucky enough to live in a area with a smaller ISP eg Shaw/TekSavvy/NRTCO having at least some influence you are stuck with Bell/Rogers.
    Last edited by Zergin8r; 2014-02-25 at 09:06 PM.

Deleted
    Im still finding it amazing how many other countries have cap on their internet, especially US & Canada. I feel for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    Im still finding it amazing how many other countries have cap on their internet, especially US & Canada. I feel for you.
    Greed. It makes consumer life miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Greed. It makes consumer life miserable.
    And market/legal environments that allow them to effectively bully out competition from smaller companies. Money, brah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite happy the current gen did not go digital only.

But since we are sticking with physical media for the meantime, why haven't we moved to flash drives? Solid state is far more durable than a disk, and the read speeds are faster. As well, you can store far more on 1 piece of media. This would allow the users to not have to worry about downloading anything but quick updates.

I'm sure one of the reasons is due to the easy of copying a flash drive and cracking it to get a free copy..but come on now, you can do that just as well with a disk.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.