Poll: Do you use both MMO-C and official forums?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I never cared much for the official forums. I also don't have an active WoW account right now, which is required to post there. Regardless, I think the MMO-Champion community is far better. Even when I have an active account, I never use the official forums.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Not really ever been a big fan of the official forums and I couldn't post there if I wanted to even if I wanted to as my account is not active.

Misleading poll, should have just made a "Do you also post on the official forums" poll.

I personally can't stand the official forums

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    everyone who's posting on a lvl 1 character is a Gladiator/rank 1/ Cleared SoO HC and they are always right.
    Everyone else is boosted/hacking/wrong class or Russian.
    ^ for these reasons.

Deleted
    MMO-Champ only. Not sure why would I ever need official forums.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mainly stick to MMO-C. Every time that I read a topic on the official forum it feels like my IQ drops by 50 points. The fact that my authenticator is at home and most of my forum browsing is from work also sways my decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    the poll makes me scratch my head.....
    if one uses the official forums only, how would he cast a vote here then? Cause of course, he/she is using the official forums only.
    casting their vote for it made them use these forums and contradicts the vote right there lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    MMO-C by far

on Official forums everyone who's posting on a lvl 1 character is a Gladiator/rank 1/ Cleared SoO HC and they are always right.
    Everyone else is boosted/hacking/wrong class or Russian.
    There's a google chrome addon that will show you all the characters they post on. Not sure how it works, but it was very useful for me to weed out some really bad eggs when I was recruiting for my guild back in Cata.

I was absolutely amazed at some of the shit people would post and how much they would lie about their backstory on an application or in an interview. It's like finding the perfect candidate for your company, only to find out they burned down the last three buildings they worked in. Insane.

Deleted
    Occasionally I go on the official forums. If I have a suggestion or idea thread I'll post it on both forums. But mostly the place is just too damn slow. Threads go ages without replies.

The only time I spent on the official forums was on the realm forums in BC and early-mid Wrath before they got shifted to their new format or location or whatever, and back when my server actually had a community. Really no reason for me to go there now, most of what I've seen of the official forums involves a lot of crying about stupid shit that doesn't matter.

MMOC only. I used to do mostly forums until I got perma banned on the official ones in march because I wouldn't bow down to the blizzard white nights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

I feel like the official forums are clunky and unorganized. And it seems they have these cliques and if you are not in them, then your post goes ignored no matter how relevant it is.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Both, although MMO-Champion takes 95% of that time, at least.

Used to spend a lot of time on the official forums back in TBC and WotLK (off-topic was particularly fun). The new layout gives me headaches sometimes and the general atmosphere is very unconfortable. I only visit TechSuport (when needed, it's handy for regional problems) and RealmForum now.

You wouldn't catch me posting in the MMO-Champ forums in a million years. Fuck that place; it stinks.

I was on the official forums back when the devs read them. They no longer do, so I most post here. The official forums are a cesspit compared to MMO-champ.

10+ Year Old Account
    I take a glance at the official forums every once in awhile, but then it reminds me of how boring and annoying that place is.

Rarely use mmo-c forums, but the people on the Official forums I feel more connected too, than those here... I could say the same thing with Scrolls of lore, (I feel more connected to the small community of Scrolls, even though I am more of an outsider there ).

I admit though, that there are mostly both stupid cavemen, weirdo gorillas among others on this forum, (there are exceptions, but that is mostly those on the class/raid/pvp forums).
    Might be that I just hate circle-jerking, and I find the Battle.net forums in general more entertaining to watch. The reason i go to mmo-c mostly is because of the Bluetracker, and the fact that they usually cover press stuff, or interviews or focus on some tweets. I also avoid the off-topic forums, to avoid Controversial topics. And the fact that I dislike having that in the "active forum thread list".

I am also bannd on the Battle.net forums .
    Last edited by George Costanza; 2014-02-25 at 07:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes i check official forums but i prefer mmo champ much more.

both but i can only speak my mind on MMO-C
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    I am only using MMOC.. Except for guild searching, When I do that I use both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like the vast majority of people on the official forums have a singleminded purpose of doing absolutely nothing but blowing sunshine up Blizzard's ass. I hate going there and only do so when I have a legitimate gripe about something and I want to be heard, or at least think I'm maybe possibly getting heard.
    Look! Words!