Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Go figure, he's a former lawyer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kevins View Post
    Are they kidding? I hope this comment is directed towards Hunters
    Casters should have one at the most instant spell. There needs to be some disadvantage for standing at range. Right now there isn't one for most casters.
    Aye mate

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    It is mythic. They're still calling it "heroic". Look at the full quote. First two world bosses would be like they are today giving "normal" mode loot. Then much later in the tier they'd start handing out "heroic" loot.
    Not sure where you got the idea that the world bosses would drop mythic level gear since they are not saying it they are saying normal / and maybe heroic raid level gear and since there are still 4 levels of raiding they are just called something different in WoD ie: Flex LFR, Flex Normal, Flex Heroic and then 20 man Mythic mode..

And if you read the front page it wont be till the 3rd World boss release and may drop heroic raid level gear..

Three different world bosses are planned for Patch 6.0. Initially one boss may be available, with Highmaul quality loot. Then a few weeks later, a second world boss could unlock that drops Foundry quality loot. Much later in the tier, a third world boss could unlock that drops some Heroic raid quality gear.
    Last edited by grexly75; 2014-02-25 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Not sure where you got the idea that the world bosses would drop mythic level gear since they are not saying it they are saying normal / heroic raid level gear and since there are still 4 levels of raiding they are just called something different in WoD ie: Flex LFR, Flex Normal, Flex Heroic and then 20 man Mythic mode..
    So what you're saying is world bosses in wod aren't going to drop normal mode gear (will be called heroic in wod) anymore? That they'll be dropping lfr/flex type gear? Cause that's not what I'm reading.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what you're saying is world bosses in wod aren't going to drop normal mode gear (will be called heroic in wod) anymore? That they'll be dropping lfr/flex type gear? Cause that's not what I'm reading.
    They will drop normal raid level gear and the 3rd world boss may drop heroic raid level gear, but no where is it mentioned that mythic level gear is involved..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    They will drop normal raid level gear and the 3rd world boss may drop heroic raid level gear, but no where is it mentioned that mythic level gear is involved..
    He's using todays terminology. Heroic will be mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's using todays terminology. Heroic will be mythic.
    I doubt they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

If a world boss gives rewards that are better than anything you could get if you aren't a high end raider (Ordos), it diminishes the importance of raid zones. If rewards aren't that good, players will start raiding and the world boss won't be relevant anymore.
    This is a bit of an disingenuous statement, considering that Ordos is locked behind months of raid grinding. You have to be at least an LFR raider to get Ordos loot. His existence promotes high end raiding, not diminishes it.

That said, once they fixed Sha's spawn timer and added faction tagging I think MoP got world bosses perfect. They are loot bags, but they're reliable loot bags.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2014-02-25 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I doubt they are.
    So then they're nerfing world boss loot, they will give lfr/flex quality. I'm down with that.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    So then they're nerfing world boss loot, they will give lfr/flex quality. I'm down with that.
    They are not nerfing anything, new expansion new fresh start and a new set of rules.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post
    Ooo, can I be the first to say "I quit and no you can't have my stuff"?!?! I'm not fighting against Grom. You could make the argument for us fighting vs Gul'dan or Zer'zhul, depending on when we encounter them, but... no. I'm not fighting Grommash Hellscream.
    I think we're not going to. He didn't give us a straight answer.

Quote Originally Posted by taheen74 View Post
    I'm with you on that. I don't get where my shaman has more than one insta cast heal.
    We have Riptide which has a small initial heal but is primarily a HoT and we can talent to get an insta-cast spell every 90 seconds, and that shouldn't count (as it's a talent choice). Ranged DPS have more insta-casts than healers do, so that he chose to direct his comments at healers makes me uneasy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Quote Originally Posted by Happyfunrun View Post
    I think we're not going to. He didn't give us a straight answer.
    That French leak did say Grom was the planned final villain, but that's the sort of thing that can be changed if done early enough

10+ Year Old Account
    solo scenarios ...not excited about this.

Deleted
    I havent played WoW since MoP release.

Has there been any news about WoW updating its nameplates?

Maybe im spoiled by SWTOR, ESO and other newer MMOs and their smaller, thinner nameplates which just seem so much more functional than WoWs.

If not, whats the best nameplates mod for smaller and thinner nameplates?

10+ Year Old Account
    That dark legacy comic is hilarious

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siven View Post
    I havent played WoW since MoP release.

Has there been any news about WoW updating its nameplates?

Maybe im spoiled by SWTOR, ESO and other newer MMOs and their smaller, thinner nameplates which just seem so much more functional than WoWs.

If not, whats the best nameplates mod for smaller and thinner nameplates?
    Tidy Plates is very good.

Or If you are talking about Player/Target-Plate you might want to give X-Perl or Pitbull a shot.

DLC is, as usual, pretty funny. I enjoyed the interview as well but it doesn't sound like heroics are going to be that hard. I mean if you have to do a prerequisite like proving grounds to queue for them, I see no reason to make difficult ones like Shattered Halls and Shadow Labs (gear will eventually nerf all dungeons anyways).

If a world boss gives rewards that are better than anything you could get if you aren't a high end raider (Ordos), it diminishes the importance of raid zones.
    That's interesting. Did participation in SoO raiding miss their targets?

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    We have Riptide which has a small initial heal but is primarily a HoT and we can talent to get an insta-cast spell every 90 seconds, and that shouldn't count (as it's a talent choice). Ranged DPS have more insta-casts than healers do, so that he chose to direct his comments at healers makes me uneasy.
    Seems to be that everyone thinks that Shaman are the only healers in this game. Maybe the point should have been a bit better, as in "healers outside of Shaman have too many instants", but when someone says "healers", using one of five classes as a counter example is a bit intellectually dishonest.

Like, take Druids, you've got Rejuv, Swiftmend, Wild Growth, Lifebloom, Tree Mode + Regrowth, Mushroom Bloom, Iron Bark, Barkskin, Bear Form + Regen and NS + Healing Touch. Outside of a silence or a stun, there's nothing a player can do to prevent a cast.
    Last edited by Siddown; 2014-02-25 at 07:29 PM.