Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What to do while we wait....

Instead of coming here and ranting/crying/whining about how late the expansion will be.

Why not share some information on things you want to do BEFORE the expansion hits, there must be a ton of things you could potentially do before the expansion launches.

I have these things I want to do before WoD hits me and pulls me in the "Addiction Archive";

I'm currently levelling my Monk, finally.. It took me so much to realise that Monk might be the class for me, it was more about the fact that I didn't want to level my 10th class in the game up to 90.
    But here I am levelling again and I am really enjoying it. Obviously I'm in full heirloom gear so levelling the Monk doesn't take me to long wich I am very thankful for.
    I plan on making my Monk my main in the upcoming expansion, so I have tons of shit to do before the expansion hits. I won't know for sure until I have tested the Monk in a raid environment if I like it or not, thats why I am farming gear now for him to be ready for it asap.

I also need to level up my professions on the Monk.

I will buy a Mage for my instant lvl 90. As I have a lvl 70 Mage on another realm/faction and its the only class I dont have above level 85 I might as well just do that.
    Then it is gearing etc with that character too, depending on how much time I will have for that, Monk takes prio.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me? Level my Druid, Alt Lock and Hunter to 90. Do CM Golds on all my Characters (4 9/9 Gold atm, lots to go).
    Finish Green Fire on Lock(s)
    Kill Garrosh 10 Man Normal and do some Heroic Bosses maybe.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, it's challenge modes (I want my mount, armor set and to help the others to the same), archaeology (the title for having done all pristines isn't half bad...) and levelling alts, raiding, hopefully HMs soon.

I'm currently getting achieves done, I'm doing them in sections, right now I'm trying to get ALL pet battle achievements done for example.

Leveling what is practically a "perfect" team for the Celestial Tournament is possibly one of the biggest time investment's I've ever done in WoW, and I've done Bloodsail, Winterspring, Furbolgs etc back when it was a pain in the arse, raided server first, etc, but this takes the cake a bit.

It's annoying at times, and I had zero interest in pet battles before I started, I'd recommend it as an excellent time sink if you are looking for one.

Another is getting all the rep, titles and mounts from the Argent Tournament if you still haven't done that.

Of course Gold Endless 30 and Brawlers Guild Rank 10 + Collect Your Deck is another investment

I'm also grinding dungeons now and again for any missing Heirlooms so I have full sets of everything.

Done CM's and look to maybe go for realm time soon, also run Flex every week for heirlooms too and levelling a lock, dk and priest.

Alongside progressing on Garrosh 25H, I'm pretty damn busy....

Oh and the 200 mount achievement.
    Last edited by Toiran; 2014-02-25 at 01:53 PM.

Looks good, seems like you both have your schedule packed with content to go through.
    I am still looking to get my Firelands achievement done I always end up finding something else I want to do instead. I'll just make a good plan of what I will do as my Monk progresses in levels. My aim is to get him to 90 before Sunday. (Currently level 57).
    If raiding doesn't take up to much time I should be able to do it without much issues, but a mans gotta work too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    I'm currently getting achieves done, I'm doing them in sections, right now I'm trying to get ALL pet battle achievements done for example.

Leveling what is practically a "perfect" team for the Celestial Tournament is possibly one of the biggest time investment's I've ever done in WoW, and I've done Bloodsail, Winterspring, Furbolgs etc back when it was a pain in the arse, raided server first, etc, but this takes the cake a bit.

It's annoying at times, and I had zero interest in pet battles before I started, I'd recommend it as an excellent time sink if you are looking for one.

Another is getting all the rep, titles and mounts from the Argent Tournament if you still haven't done that.

Of course Gold Endless 30 and Brawlers Guild Rank 10 + Collect Your Deck is another investment

I'm also grinding dungeons now and again for any missing Heirlooms so I have full sets of everything.

Done CM's and look to maybe go for realm time soon, also run Flex every week for heirlooms too and levelling a lock, dk and priest.

Alongside progressing on Garrosh 25H, I'm pretty damn busy....

Oh and the 200 mount achievement.

Yeah I want to do CM's too. My guilds say they are quite challenging, but then I am a bit blown off when I see people have done them all on 5 different characters. But it might just come down to the setup you are using for the CM

15+ Year Old Account
    Doing all sorts of stuff, but not playing WoW. I will go back to WoW when 6.0 is live. Then level/finish the stuff on the character I plan to play in WoD
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Level and gear up some of my alts to a point where they can handle leveling in WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Level and gear up some of my alts to a point where they can handle leveling in WoD
    Thats a good idea. In previous expansions I have fallen into the trap of NOT doing so and the result of that was pretty chaotic lol.
    I basicly rerolled a character at the release of a new expansion and then I had to drink on every mob kill.. bleh.

Deleted
    I need to find time to get a scroll used on me and then use those 7 days to decide which damn class i am going to play in WoD. I have mained a rogue since vanilla but i am very interested in tanking/healing nowadays. Chances are that i will be rolling with my druid or paladin but i might go with my warrior/priest or actually stay with my rogue. Remains to be seen, decisions decisions...

Following that i will have to do some profession leveling on whatever character i pick, unless it's the rogue.

And i guess perhaps a quick tour of the MoP continent picking up any bits of lore i missed after i left.

...and play any other games i have to the fullest before WoD takes up tons of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawdlock View Post
    Instead of coming here and ranting/crying/whining about how late the expansion will be.

Why not share some information on things you want to do BEFORE the expansion hits, there must be a ton of things you could potentially do before the expansion launches.
    Not really. I quit in November because there wasn't anything *for me* to do.

I think the issue for some people is that they're not completists who want to play with stuff that they've not done. For example, I didn't ever touch pet battles... but that wasn't because I didn't have time until now, it's because I wasn't interested in them. Same for Challenge modes. Tried Brawler's Guild, wasn't that interested. So, for someone like me, the long wait from the last content patch to the new expansion is boring. I didn't rant, I just quit.

For someone who really is into all of that stuff or who has been putting off leveling a character, etc then this is a good time to do all of that stuff (though I've never understood gearing a character this late. Sure, get the easy Timeless stuff, but spending hours gathering gear t hat will mostly be obsolete the first week of Wod? Nah....)

10+ Year Old Account
    Resurrecting people who have quit at all various points since 2005.

Telling them to not worry about the meta/legendary and all the annoying MoP stuff, which to a returning player looks like an impossible task and causes them to just not bother.

Taking them into normals/heroics to gear them up.

Holding pattern until WoD.

I found challenge modes to be an exciting use of 2 weeks, find some people you enjoy spending time with and give them a go, it's one of the funnest times I've had in MoP. Made some great friends on the way as well. Sure they can be hard and frustrating but getting 9/9 Gold is so so satisfying.

Or, go play a different game. I don't get why some people feel that WoW should be the only game they ever play. I've been having fun going through the Wings of Liberty campaign since I never did it before, looking forward to the Heart of the Swarm campaign as well.

Or.. keep posting on the forums and get burnt out waiting for WoD I guess, whatever floats your boat.
    You just lost The Game

Deleted
    A lot of people come to MMO-C to complain about everything and make up doomsday-theories of things yet unknown.

Me? I practise common sense, and I still have a lot to do in-game to keep me satisfied.

Deleted
    In WoW, I am working on last part of P2 Normal Garrosh with my guild (not dealing with the sha adds very well)

I am having quite a lot of fun with my newly dinged monk, its actually quite fun the varied amount of content there is to do on her (compared to 2 wings of LFR and 3 heroics like it was in Cata).

Outside of WoW I am playing quite a few 3DS games, just finished A Link Between Worlds which was very nostalgic, started playing Fire Emblem, playing a bit of Wildstar Beta but don't want to ruin playing it when it goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    A lot of people come to MMO-C to complain about everything and make up doomsday-theories of things yet unknown.

Me? I practise common sense, and I still have a lot to do in-game to keep me satisfied.
    It's because MMO-C is the biggest unofficial WoW forum. I'm pretty sure activity here rivals the official forums. The only difference is that you don't need to pay a sub to post on these forums, so there are a lot more unsubscribed players (like myself), trolls and doomsday prophets.
    You just lost The Game

I like photoshopping Warcraft stuff.

And I like turtles. Truly, I do. All manner of chelonia.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

@Yig

I too enjoy photoshopping Warcraft stuff. We should start a club.

I don't think we are going to get Demon Hunters, unfortunately, for another decade or so at the least. We just got an Agility Leather class with Monks so we are going to have to go through the whole cycle again before we get another. Next one is going to have to be mail or cloth.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    So i leveled another rogue week ago, which supposed to be boosted but since we don't have anything about release i decided it'll be better for me to level her. I gear her a little already with pvp/rf items (518 ilev so far), think after next reset i should be able to find flex without much problem because of my ilev.

Aside from that my guild still progressing Garrosh heroic (4 phase left to practice) sadly im benched most time (wich means mostly afk,phonecall if im needed to replace someone), because 3 warriors in 10 man team is too much for that fight and hunters/warlock are better in terms of dps (im keep saying that to myslef, maybe they are just better players )

I also spend 10 minutes on ah every day trying to get some gold via alchemy. Im doing quite well so far. Make 2k from 200g

And honestly that's all. Im not intrested in achievs,pet battles and other crap like that. But besides all of that i spam mmo champion and wonder why we don't have offical complain thread

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    @Yig

I too enjoy photoshopping Warcraft stuff. We should start a club.

I don't think we are going to get Demon Hunters, unfortunately, for another decade or so at the least. We just got an Agility Leather class with Monks so we are going to have to go through the whole cycle again before we get another. Next one is going to have to be mail or cloth.
    I've waited 9 years. I'll wait 9 more.
    It's a sure fire win.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW