Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    You forgot the part were Nazi Germany and the the USSR were Allies. The USSR supplied Germany with Materials during it's invasion of Western Europe and during it's bombing campaign against the UK. You fueled their Bombers, Tanks, Aeroplanes, Artillery, Navy.

1,600,000 tons of grains
    900,000 tons of oil
    200,000 tons of cotton
    140,000 tons of manganese
    200,000 tons of phosphates
    20,000 tons of chrome ore
    18,000 tons of rubber
    100,000 tons of soybeans
    500,000 tons of iron ores
    300,000 tons of scrap metal and pig iron
    2,000 kilograms of platinum

So please stop the whole saved the World thing. You supplied them, you gave them the chance to march into Poland, France, Western Europe, Africa. You only started caring when the Germans turned around and started killing Russians with the same supplies you gave them.
    Another selective post: care to tell us what for example the UK and the US supplied to Germany during WWII and the years leading to that? Guess that's something you carefully left out... But like I say all the time, the one-sided minds on these forums won't start thinking differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    I do accept that. That's fine. They ABSOLUTELY should try. And then I want to enjoy seeing them fail as they try. That is my point. Why can't you accept that?

And tomorrow too.
    Let's face it. Who is going to threaten us? In a fundamental way that challenges the order. Like actually challenges. Really. Russia? China? Russia+China? The BRICs? Let's just keep in mind for a second, that on it's own, the US wields more power than any other country or group of countries in the world... and we rarely act alone. And that's not a theoretical claim. That's a practical one... see US+EU and US Allies teaming up from the World Bank to IMF to WTO, against countries not in our little club.

Good luck, gents.

- - - Updated - - -

Well you should because you just kinda kicked your ball in your own goal.
    And where does your power come from? From the Dollar printing machine. That kind of power will not last. After all, you're(and youpersonally) so vulnerable to international terrorism. And what terrorists began, the country or countries that are going to replace you as international leader will finish.
    I assure you when US looses it's priveleged status, the EU will turn on them, and suddenly we will start hearing about crimes the US comitted throughout past decades, and all the bad you've done to the world will catch up with you.
    Last edited by Skulkgra; 2014-04-15 at 11:35 AM.
    Banned.

I'm actually half Italian. Half-hispanic, half-italian. My mom's family is from Sicily (which I know is distinct, but close enough). I am an semi-olive skinned, dark haired, multi-racial American. ^ ^.

That sound you hear is your point deflating.
    Now a lot gets clear, all the effort to "fit in".

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Because America is Gondor, EU is Rohan, and the rest of the world is Mordor, inhabited by orcs.
    No. Because America is a free country, the EU is probably the most gamechanging thing to happen to the human race since the founding of the United States the rest of the world is doing pretty well and rightly looking to the EU for inspiration about how to regionally integrate, and Russia is an authoritarian throwback that has squandered 22 years to become a bigger, better gas station.

Mordor at least, had state-of-the-art industry for Middle-earth. Russia? If it doesn't naturally occur in the ground, it's not a big part of the economy.

Deleted
    Thing about skroesec, apart from checking all boxes for "worryingly insecure borderline mental case", is that he IS right in thinking what he thinks. It will benefit his country. A country that simply HAS to turn to nationalism to avoid all the shocking inner social issues.
    More than him and his barbaric ideas fit for a marauding bloodthirsty warmonger of the steppes (an armchair one I shall add), what I despise really is people outside the USA actually supporting his theories.
    He is saying "fuck everyone the USA shall reign supreme". And there's like, Caliglove and other people actually agreeing with him.
    If they could just, you know, read and understand the words in his posts, instead of simply staring in awe at the smoothness of his dialectics, they'd realise that for skroesec, the baltics, or Ukraine (for example) are just pawns to use in his big realist chessboard. Nevermind what happens to the people of those countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Redkin View Post
    I'm talking about the civilians, please read the full segment before you post.
    Dude, half of that "civilians" can shoot quarter from 100 yards or make a bomb from a "soap". So that guy is just the same. He was tought by same people (sponsored by US btw). Funny thing is russians gave all info for this guys several years before the maraphon but now CIA/FBI/ANB are blaming Russia for this issue...

Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    Now a lot gets clear, all the effort to "fit in".
    Oh please. . My family has been here for well over a hundred years and fought in World War II. If I didn't tell people my ancestry they'd never know. It's not like I stand out.

You really think a priority for a 30 year old male is to ethnically "fit in"? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by malgin View Post
    Oh, I see 10^100 tons of B.S. between lines. You forgot relationship between nazi Germany and US, US and Japan (till Pearl Harbor, which actually was a damn good excuse to join the war).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molotov...ibbentrop_Pact
    Sorry, no amount of economic exchange of goods can beat 'How do we split this countries between ourselves' pact. Russians were aggressors in II World War as well, but they think they are their saviors (?). I wouldn't agree 'America won the war', it was combined Allied forced of Europe and them, but to think Russia brought end to it is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Thing about skroesec, apart from checking all boxes for "worryingly insecure borderline mental case", is that he IS right in thinking what he thinks. It will benefit his country. A country that simply HAS to turn to nationalism to avoid all the shocking inner social issues.
    More than him and his barbaric ideas fit for a marauding bloodthirsty warmonger of the steppes (an armchair one I shall add), what I despise really is people outside the USA actually supporting his theories.
    He is saying "fuck everyone the USA shall reign supreme". And there's like, Caliglove and other people actually agreeing with him.
    If they could just, you know, read and understand the words in his posts, instead of simply staring in awe at the smoothness of his dialectics, they'd realise that for skroesec, the baltics, or Ukraine (for example) are just pawns to use in his big realist chessboard. Nevermind what happens to the people of those countries.
    The problem with that, this is exactly what the world is like and always has been like. Politics are a real disgusting buisiness. Global politics is just akin to chess with every nation trying to exploit others to gain something for themselves, in this kind of environment human lives don't really matter they are just a number.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulkgra View Post
    I assure you when US looses it's priveleged status, the EU will turn on them, and suddenly we will start hearing about crimes the US comitted throughout past decades, and all the bad you've done to the world will catch up with you.
    You cant assure anything, how can you be so close minded? You don't need to be against or for the US, everything is not white and black. I'm sure you can already see the critique against US, don't need to dig deep. From what i can see you just hate the US, trying to get anything reasonable out of you is impossible.

15+ Year Old Account
    So we will revisit who did what in WW2 and spend 10 pages arguing about nothing?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Oh, I see 10^100 tons of B.S. between lines. You forgot relationship between nazi Germany and US, US and Japan (till Pearl Harbor, which actually was a damn good excuse to join the war).
    What exactly do the Americans or Japanese have to do with the Soviet Union Supplying the Germans? Even if country X or Y, B, K, D etc etc traded with the Germans it does not change the fact that the Soviet Union Supplied Nazi Germany during its invasion of Western Europe, Bombing of the UK.

Also unless the Americans are some kind of gods to you, please stop bringing them up at every point. It is a terrible excuse. Mommy Mommy, Yanks are doing something, so I can do it also waaaaaaaaaaa.

Because America is Gondor, EU is Rohan, and the rest of the world is Mordor, inhabited by orcs.
    To be honest, Mordor is the best. no one wants to be a Elf, Human when you can be a Orc.

Then again, the US kept funding Nazi Germany way beyond that point.
    How does this change the fact that the USSR supplied Germany?

Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    Another selective post: care to tell us what for example the UK and the US supplied to Germany during WWII and the years leading to that? Guess that's something you carefully left out... But like I say all the time, the one-sided minds on these forums won't start thinking differently.
    I believe the UK stopped trading with the Germans once they marched into Poland, France. Not sure about the Americans. I just know the American Navy had skirmishes with German U-Boots prior to their involvement in WW2 due to them not liking Merchant shipping being attacked. However maybe you can link me a list that shows what the Americans, UK traded with the Germans during their combined invasion of nations.
    Last edited by mmocaa0d295f44; 2014-04-15 at 11:56 AM.

You can blame all the allies for having a hand in creating the mess in Europe, but Russia actively participated in the raping of Poland and made other landgrabs against it's neighbors during that time.

Russia wasn't some benevolent force. It was a nation backed into a corner by the same nation it had, just around 2 years prior, helped invade and carve up it's neighbor.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Ah yes, inner social issues. So what you're saying is... you can't argue me on the merits of the argument, so to make it easy on yourself, because you're a lazy and pretty poorly informed person over all, you take a short cut to the oldest shortcut in the book, which is to say "I'm compensating".

it's be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

. . .

Oh what the heck, I'll laugh anyway. Hahahaha.

You know what also makes me laugh? Looking how Poland has done, since 1991, and since it entered the West, and comparing it to how Ukraine has done since that time, with it being almost entirely in Russian orbit. You ask what happens to people in those countries? just compare. What I'ma bout to post is the kind of fact and statistic based article Djalil doesn't read because he's a feels kinda guy. But hey, maybe someone will learn something.
    http://www.reinisfischer.com/ukraine...-gdp-1990-2012

Recency I wrote about Ukraine's GDP since collapse of Soviet Union.

In that post I promised to compare Ukraine vs Poland.

Why those two? They are neighboring countries, both of them have been under Iron Curtain, population is about the same size.

So few basic data about Ukraine:

Population: 45.59 (fall from 51.89 in 1990)
    GDP 2012: 176.3 billion USD | GDP 1990: 81.46 billion USD
    GDP per capita 2012: 3.866 thousands USD | GDP per capita 1990: 1.569 thousands USD

Few data about Poland:

Population: 38.54 ( 38.11 in 1990)
    GDP 2012: 489.8 billion USD | GDP 1990: 64.55
    GDP per capita 2012: 12.707 | GDP per capita 1990: 1.693 thousands USD As we can see from data above, something went terribly wrong in Ukraine, since in the start position in 1990 year. Ukraine had greater GDP, the GDP per capita was approx the same as in Poland. What went wrong in Ukraine?
    Retort? No? Well it's here if you want, o-sage of Wikipedia.

I'm honestly so glad I get under your skin to such a degree you put me in your signature. And to think I barely try. Imagine if I did. Gosh, you're a fun hobby.

We really need to keep up the dialog. It's been great. I'm half impressed your diatribe here didn't include a shout out to your Wikipedia Word of the Month: Constructivism.

Deleted
    Dude, half of that "civilians" can shoot quarter from 100 yards or make a bomb from a "soap". So that guy is just the same. He was tought by same people (sponsored by US btw). Funny thing is russians gave all info for this guys several years before the maraphon but now CIA/FBI/ANB are blaming Russia for this issue...
    You don't really seem to get the point, you could say the same about the civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan. I'm talking from a civilian perspective i could't care less about what the USA did/did not do about that particular case.

Quote Originally Posted by Redkin View Post
    You cant assure anything, how can you be so close minded? You don't need to be against or for the US, everything is not white and black. I'm sure you can already see the critique against US, don't need to dig deep. From what i can see you just hate the US, trying to get anything reasonable out of you is impossible.
    I am neither against nor for the US. What I hate is their hypocrisy, their breaking international law with a straight face, their containment of Russia, their double standarts, their ruining of Libya, Syria, Jugoslavia, Kosovo, and so on and so forth. I just want them to stay put in their isolation, for most people don't need their freedom anywhere. How can I say for most people? Simply, what was the local's reaction to the US invasion of Libya? DId they praise them as saviours? What about Serbia? I'm telling you, international terrorism will be the end of the US' hegemony, they're pushing their "freedom" everywhere forcefully, people don't like that.
    Banned.

Deleted
    Ah yes, inner social issues. So what you're saying is... you can't argue me on the merits of the argument, so to make it easy on yourself, because you're a lazy and pretty poorly informed person over all, you take a short cut to the oldest shortcut in the book, which is to say "I'm compensating".

it's be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

. . .

Oh what the heck, I'll laugh anyway. Hahahaha.

You know what also makes me laugh? Looking how Poland has done, since 1991, and since it entered the West, and comparing it to how Ukraine has done since that time, with it being almost entirely in Russian orbit. You ask what happens to people in those countries? just compare. What I'ma bout to post is the kind of fact and statistic based article Djalil doesn't read because he's a feels kinda guy. But hey, maybe someone will learn something.
    http://www.reinisfischer.com/ukraine...-gdp-1990-2012

Retort? No? Well it's here if you want, o-sage of Wikipedia.

I'm honestly so glad I get under your skin to such a degree you put me in your signature. And to think I barely try. Imagine if I did. Gosh, you're a fun hobby.

We really need to keep up the dialog. It's been great. I'm half impressed your diatribe here didn't include a shout out to your Wikipedia Word of the Month: Constructivism.
    I can picture him all agitated and sweaty typing hard on his keyboard "now imma show this guy". Ahahah

Anyway can someone explain to me why did this guy link data about Poland, which got in the EU and not the USA?

Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molotov...ibbentrop_Pact
    Sorry, no amount of economic exchange of goods can beat 'How do we split this countries between ourselves' pact. Russians were aggressors in II World War as well, but they think they are their saviors (?). I wouldn't agree 'America won the war', it was combined Allied forced of Europe and them, but to think Russia brought end to it is ridiculous.

Nice try. But in the reality things are much complicated. Just look into this thread. People bitching about how Russia is outdated, posting terrible holodomor stories. USSR in 1939 wasn't prepared for the war with Germany. Even 1941 was to early for it. So there was no other options.

Allied forces joined in 08.1944, a less that a year before the end of the war. 5 years they did nothing, 3 years they watched how nazi Germany exterminated Soviet Army.

15+ Year Old Account
    No. Because America is a free country, the EU is probably the most gamechanging thing to happen to the human race since the founding of the United States the rest of the world is doing pretty well and rightly looking to the EU for inspiration about how to regionally integrate, and Russia is an authoritarian throwback that has squandered 22 years to become a bigger, better gas station.

Mordor at least, had state-of-the-art industry for Middle-earth. Russia? If it doesn't naturally occur in the ground, it's not a big part of the economy.
    America has the highest incarceration rate in the world. Europe has been a gamechanging thing - sure. Plundering Asia and Africa by the grace of colonialism was a gamechanger. The world is looking at EU with condescension these days, seeing their riots against austerity policies and social policies (then Greece, now France and Italy) and attempts to scare birds with their "sanctions". No wonder Russian industry is in the ground. The economy was purposedly being destroyed during early 90s.

Deleted
    Allied forces joined in 08.1944, a less that a year before the end of the war. 5 years they did nothing, 3 years they watched how nazi Germany exterminated Soviet Army.
    Allied forces did nothing for 5 years? How do you think World War 2 broke out?