Heroic spoils 10- help?

We have over a hundred attempts on this fight. I'll try to get some parses, but our WoL guy went to bed already.

We often die in P1. When we get to P2, we seem to be doing ok, but it always is "we lose someone and then we fall apart".

We have two teams- right (green) and left (blue). Our right team starts on Mogu side. It's a blood knight, myself (combat rogue), shadow priest, mage, and mistweaver. Our left team starts at mantid, and is a prot paladin, warlock (I think affl, but it's whatever the "right" spec is), elemental shaman (sometimes arms warrior or feral druid instead), hunter, and resto druid (many times resto shaman instead).

On mogu side, we get the two pandas (the second is joined by a box, which is hopefully not an urn), followed by the big boss, who our tank walks around the room, scooping up other boxes. Normally he'll open a set, and then we'll blow it up, etc. Once the big boss dies, he pulls out some of the anima golem (the medium boxes), and during this phase our second team normally gives us a bunch of sparks. Our mage mostly tunnels the spark, and our shadow priest helps. I never leave the punchy-wad of enemies.

On a successful attempt, both sides will finish with 3-15 seconds remaining, with 10 about typical.

But, it's unusual for us to GET there. Normally someone dies. A blast will go out and the damage will be very high because of too many statues. Or the sparks will kill people from the urns.

I know it's not much to go on, but I just can't figure out why we are dying. I know it isn't specific, and any guild can stand in fire. But we don't normally need a hundred attempts on a boss, and Malkorok, who has similar kill numbers, was nowhere near this many.

Can anyone who struggled a bit on this boss provide kind of a list of things that aren't in the normal strats that you might have tuned or anything? Or just any ideas? Sorry this is so vague, I'm kind of at a loss here. I think we'll get it by tunneling through it, but I'm really starting to worry about morale.

try to move bosses close to the middle and pick up small boxes along the long wall (the inside wall, that you entered from the top of) for cleaving, this makes it very easy to get sparks on both sides, and although it doesn't matter too much on mantid, but it is HUGE for getting statues and both types of sparks on mogu side

if you're having trouble with jars, just focus them down and they'll die fast if everyone tries to bring it down
    and make sure everyone on both sides is dodging

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, sounds like you can clean up a few things.

This encounter is all about both sides working together - not seperately. The most efficient way to 50 energy is: 2 big (28), 6 medium (18), 4 small (4).

So basically, when one side takes a big box, the other side is dealing with mediums and smalls. Therefore, when the mogu side goes and pulls the big boss, bring him to the middle of the room and don't open any other boxes. We use lust on the mogu side always. Keep the statues under control (less than 3). With the big boss in the middle of the room it won't be a problem to cleave down sparks spawing from the other side kililng medium and small boxes.

Think of it this way: Both sides kill 2 big adds = 28 energy. That leaves 22 energy to gain while you're not killing a big box. Therefore, while the other side has a big box open, your aim should be to gain 11 energy (3 medium and 2 small boxes).

This way, one side of the room only deals with 1 big box and cleaves down the sparks from the other room who is killing 3 medium and 2 small boxes. When the first side downs the big add, the other side opens a big box and the roles are reversed. Just repeat this twice per room and the boss is down.

Make sense?

Deleted
    Heya, I raid 25man and only do the mogu room but i will assume its mostly the same to 10man.

They key to this fight is not getting overwhelmed by sparks and multiple dmg sources. What we do is Open 1st panda closest to klaxxi door and when that gets to 60% open the other one kill both and then open the smalls around the big add. We use a CD rotation during each of his abilities so taking a quick look i would say you can do Personals, smoke bomb, Amz/revival or something along those lines to stop all that dmg. The smalls around the big add will have an Urn in that urn needs to die ASAP. The pull the boss into the middle all stack and burn while killing the sparks. Do not open more boxes during the big add. Then go pull the 2 mediums next to the 2nd big add, skip along the wall opening the other 2 mediums as well after the golemn dies. Open a bunch of smalls until you get to 36 energy the go pull the 2nd big one. At this point you should have some personals and vampiric embrace which should pull you through. Sorry i cant help you with mantid never been on that side,

Deleted
    You shouldnt open any other box when you have a big box opened.
    Pretty much what Axxym says. Try and find time where you can, like dont wait for both pandas to die before you start opening boxes. Kill one and the other should be low enough and finished off by cleaving while you open boxes. Make sure your healer is facing the mobs if he/she gets the buff.

If you get a kuchong or urn, stop opening small boxes till its been nuked down a bit as you dont want 2 urns or kuchong up for a long time.

The fight is finding balance in DPS between your groups.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearin View Post
    You shouldnt open any other box when you have a big box opened.
    Pretty much what Axxym says. Try and find time where you can, like dont wait for both pandas to die before you start opening boxes. Kill one and the other should be low enough and finished off by cleaving while you open boxes. Make sure your healer is facing the mobs if he/she gets the buff.

If you get a kuchong or urn, stop opening small boxes till its been nuked down a bit as you dont want 2 urns or kuchong up for a long time.

The fight is finding balance in DPS between your groups.
    We always open the closest small boxes (one at a time) when doing the first big box per room. It has never really been a problem.
    Same with kuchongs and urn. Just treat them like any other box, they don't really do much. This might change from group to group, but I've had about 100 wipes in total on that boss (rekills are a problem somehow) and those two have never really been an issue. As long as you don't open other boxes with your anima golems then you shouldn't die because of anything besides sparks, bosses or the timer.

Took my guild like 140 wipes to finally get it, we had probably 40 attempts that would be considered a 1% wipe. Everyone needs to be watching the red sparks on their side and the spark person needs to call immediately if they think they are going to have issues. If the healer has the MW buff they should be trying to align red sparks + blue sparks+ boxes as best as possible. I went dps for this boss WW because i had better aoe than the other healers and my health was a little low in comparison there were times where the boss box would literally 1shot me if i did not have a cd up. So pay attention to people who have lower health. You need to make sure the swaps are coordinated for anima golems, they do quite a bit of damage. My group went with opening only 1 boss box per side because we had good aoe.

Not sure what to say, this fight is about efficiency and decision making.

First question: Do you have the MW buff on this pull? If yes then the healer needs to kill sparks as much as possible and call out when help is needed. If no then the adds need to be positioned so that the tank / dps buff cleave them down. On your side you can't have a mage tunnelling sparks and an SP has ramp up time.

As to priorities or guidelines. Kuchongs / urns have to die asap. Don't open a second med crate on the mogu side if the first one you opened was a golem.

Logs would be great for this. Even better if its warcraftlogs.com because it has a replay feature so you can see how the movement was.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post25203727

Going to link my post from another thread here which should be a big help - its a much less buff-dependant strat as you tank the big guy in the middle of the room and cleave sparks down with tank or healer buffs, so rarely if ever need a DPS to focus them.

We used that strategy tonight, and ONE SHOT IT.

Thanks a ton man.