Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Guilds usually let people in with no proper gear if they have good raiding history.
    You need to make up your mind. In your post before this one you say raiding in past raids is meaningless to today's raids and that there is no reason to ask for past raiding experience. In this post you claim guilds will let you in with sub par gear if you have past raiding experience. So which is it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrain View Post
    You need to make up your mind. In your post before this one you say raiding in past raids is meaningless to today's raids and that there is no reason to ask for past raiding experience. In this post you claim guilds will let you in with sub par gear if you have past raiding experience. So which is it?
    I did not deny that guilds have there weird requirements, I just said that it has no real basis to ask for experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miloscub View Post
    If you did LK25 hc when it was current it means you were a skilled raider at one point and in a good guild,and now you want to get back into raiding,individual skill in raids matters,teamwork aswell, you have to start somewhere. As many have said theres loads of guilds still progressing trough normal SOO or even clearing flex every week. If you can't get into flex pugs....make your own? with your requirements and when you have time? its easy to get high ilvl now,probably the easiest its ever been,Legendary+Ordos drops+flex/LFR/Celestials.

Also,I have no idea what guild would ask for cata/wotlk exp,I always thought its just a bonus to your application,most are interested in progress you did this expansion,but earlier exp is always welcome
    People keep saying that it's easy to get in a normal mode guild with 5-7 bosses killed... if they have only killed 5-7 bosses 5 months in SoO with the nerfs and the gear they could obtain then something is REALLY wrong with the guild in terms of skill, teamwork and effort. Now, you could say that you could use that guild as a stepping stone, but is it good to get the reputation of a guild hopper?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    You guys say that but the way things are now it's almost impossible for someone fresh to get into the raiding scene... have you seen the pug requirements for flex? 540 for p1-p2 and 550-560 for p3-p4, 550-560 ilvl for normal PLUS curve achievement else no invite... My warlock is 545 ilvl and even if I would come back I doubt I could raid properly anymore with these absurb requirements... I remember back when flex was first released that I did it with 505 ilvl first and second part (my group had ilvl around that too) and p3 520, p4 530...

But there is still hope! Try to form your own pugs alone or with friends, learn your class mechanics as well as the raid's really good and then form a decent application for a decent guild. Don't aim too high, but don't aim too low either. 90% of the time they will give you at least a trial! Good luck :3
    Uhm. No. Noonesaid its allmost impossible. Its easy. Read before you write

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont understand how to make good application without alot of raiding experience. I can write nice words about how I am the most awesome person in the world but it will not get me in raiding guild.
    Its the first impression the guild has of you,its really important,you don't have to have awesome progress unless its like the top guild on your server(or competing for it) Just make sure you know your class very well,you have all the good enchants/gems/reforges etc + you come off as a nice fellow in the app,and nowadays if you have some expirience in flex SoO,its not a long way from normal in difficulty,so normal guilds will accept you for their normal raids,they are probably stuck in normals still (esp its a server with really crap population like mine) because they don't have enough raiders and will accept someone who might not be experienced but knows his stuff and current content. I got into my old guild with blue shoulders and bracers I think when they were working on Cho'Gall/Al'Akir heroic. I did have a really good written app tho. Stayed in the guild for 2+years but it died like everything else on Bronzebeard EU :P

Start at the bottom and work your way up.

Apply to a guild working on normals, not heroics.

Deleted
    Sometimes I am thinking about making my own guild, but it must be really hard to find people.

Deleted
    Serenia is right, requirements for Flex raid are unreasonably high.

Also good guilds almoust without exception require experience from full normal clears or even heroics.

I dont understand why people ask for experience in raiding. Because even if I had heroic LK 25 kill from when the raid was current, it does not help me in Siege of Orgrimmar or any raid.

Learning one raid does not teach you any other raid than the one you learned. If I had LKHC25 achievement and I joined some decent guild raiding SoO, I would be nothing different from any casual average raider because 1. I have no experience in playing with new team 2. All I can do at that point is read boss tactics and everyone knows them.

Individual skill is not major issue for anyone in raiding, the hard part is to play together as a team.
    It does say something about you are a person though. That you have raided before. If you did 25 man hc LK then there is a chance that you are not a fellow who stands in fire.

And you are absolutely wrong. With mist and especially WoD incoming individual skill means a lot. Blizzard put focus on everyone having to do something during an encounter, not only your best 2-5 ppl.

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes I am thinking about making my own guild, but it must be really hard to find people.
    If you want to raid then i would NOT recommend starting your own guild. You have gotten plenty of good advice from this thread on how to join existing guilds though.¨

EDIT:
    I dont know what kind of person you are, but remember this. If you want to raid, people are going to demand things of you. Like reading up on your class and knowing tacs. If this is not for you, then raiding isnt for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    People keep saying that it's easy to get in a normal mode guild with 5-7 bosses killed... if they have only killed 5-7 bosses 5 months in SoO with the nerfs and the gear they could obtain then something is REALLY wrong with the guild in terms of skill, teamwork and effort. Now, you could say that you could use that guild as a stepping stone, but is it good to get the reputation of a guild hopper?
    You do have to start somewhere,and maybe you help that 5-7 bosses guild get more progress,if not at least you have some expirience now+better gear (hopefully) and if they are stuck at 7 bosses for 6 months+ its probably a lost cause or there are deeper issues inside the guild,if they just started up and cleared 7 bosses theres still time to clear it on normal +start heroics,which (at least for me) raiding is about. Guild hopper is a different thing (imho), you just hop around guild trough guild not really caring about the guilds you are in or what their progress is and just get the gear and leave,what I was saying is that you DO have to start somewhere,so get into that 7/14 guild,get some xp/gear along the way,and if you like the guild and how its led/managed+like the people,you stay and help them progress trough. But,on a dying server you aren't really a guild hopper if you changed a few guilds,because most likely the guild died and you had to move on. Just my 2 copper

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    I went from nowhere into the Realm 4th guild (at the time there were 10 guilds with around the same progress, now there's...Well 2...) simply because I could write a very good app. I didn't have the gear to pull off the HPS, but I had the gear to show I knew my shit.
    I think applying to guilds is partly about how you show yourself. My first application ever to a raiding guild was about 3 A4 pages of me describing different scenarios and how I would re-act, what abilities I would use depending on the desired outcome and just used all the knowledge I had to give at least 2-3 uses of every single ability I had.
    Now we're Realm 2nd, we get quite a few apps a month from people with similar experience. Recently we got an app from someone with I think... 9/14hc? You'd expect a certain level of class knowledge and skill, yet taking one look at the guys armoury just showed you he was completely boosted. His logs were god-awful and he basically got loot because he'd been in the guild since it was founded and only just got ratted out. Now compare that scenario to me, applying with ZERO hc raiding experience, fuck all gear outside normal clears of Firelands but the effort, dedication and knowledge to write an app to impress.

Aim high, but not overly unrealistic. Write big, be confident and I think you'll surprise yourself.
    Exactly why I don't raid anymore. Getting in a guild is like a fkn job application. Its not fun lol
    My resume and CV aren't even 3 pages combined. Ask yourself as well if raiding is for u, on a mythic level. Id love to again... but fuck applying to guilds I'm happy with LFR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by etsumii92 View Post
    Do not do this. I used to be an officer of a guild before joining SB. Unless you genuinely want it and already have a strong officer team/core of raiders, you will hate the game.
    Yep,don't do it for your own sake,I was stuck doing 5 jobs in the guild at one point during ICC and it felt like a real job most of the time,except you got paid in frustration and an occasional epic.

Deleted
    I'd vote also to find like 4/14 normal guild or so like I did with my tank who were inexperienced about MoP raids. We made progress then quite easily and started heroics couple weeks ago. So try to find "bad" progress guilds and make your way up within those.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Crusader Absalom View Post
    Exactly why I don't raid anymore. Getting in a guild is like a fkn job application. Its not fun lol
    My resume and CV aren't even 3 pages combined. Ask yourself as well if raiding is for u, on a mythic level. Id love to again... but fuck applying to guilds I'm happy with LFR
    If you are happy with lfr, then lets face it, raiding isnt for you. There are plenty of guilds where you dont need to drop an app, and dont require anything specific of you. If yo uwant to join a raiding guilds then people are going to demand things of you. Its been this way since tbc

EDIT:

My guilds that raids hc lets anyone in(allmost) as a social member. If you want to be a raider however its a different story.
    Last edited by mmoc161019c902; 2014-02-27 at 12:31 PM.

Just because a good amount, or maybe the majority, of Flex groups have high requirements doesn't mean they all do.

Seriously. Blaming high ilvl requirements as a reason you don't raid is such a cop out. I see tons of lower ilvl req groups on Openraid, OQ, trade chat, etc. You also have the potential to make your own group.. just make sure you know your shit. There are even normal pugs on my server that ask for 530+. They don't go as far, and might hit a wall at Galakras or Dark Shaman, but they exist.

If you want to start raiding, just make sure you know what you're doing and progress through Flex, then Normal. Keep your gear optimized and try to master your class. It's not impossible to start raiding and end up in a heroic guild a couple months later.

Deleted
    Its not hard, you apply to a guild wether its via their website and application-sheet or if you get ventrilo-interviewed.

Its exactly those people with this attitude that we dont want in our raidgroup:

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Crusader Absalom View Post
    Getting in a guild is like a fkn job application. Its not fun lol
    If you cant take the time to write an application or do what it takes to apply to a raid-guild then LFR is your place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    Uhm. No. Noonesaid its allmost impossible. Its easy. Read before you write
    What a nice argument you've provided me to prove me wrong. If you want to see with your eyes what I described then log in in any server and look in the Trade chat, you will see the insane requirements. A new player with a fresh 90 can't get over the 528 barrier easily, and even that is nearly impossible since they are still new.
    You see ppl asking 540+ for flex all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by etsumii92 View Post
    A matter of fun is opinion. I've found all my applications to be fun to write because they're not in vain. Even if i've gotten declined, I've learnt from it.

That being said. When you apply to a guild, you apply to join a community of players to play together with. You don't apply to raid, and if that's the reason then most guilds sure as hell don't want you.

If you really want to raid, an application is not going to stop you.

Edit: To all the people suggesting joining lower progressed guilds and build your way up. Don't. Take a risk and apply to a better progressed guild. At this point in the expansion, if you're a good player and a good asset to the guild, they won't care about gear/experience because if you turn out to be a waste of their time/not good enough, worst case scenario you get told to leave/kicked and now have the experience to go even further.
    I'm going to take a chance and say that since he hasnt been able to find a raiding guild in years he most likely isnt a fantastic player.

Most guild apps, even higher end guild apps, take 5-10 minutes to fill out. Don't see how that turns people off from raiding. It might just be the word "application".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miloscub View Post
    You do have to start somewhere,and maybe you help that 5-7 bosses guild get more progress,if not at least you have some expirience now+better gear (hopefully) and if they are stuck at 7 bosses for 6 months+ its probably a lost cause or there are deeper issues inside the guild,if they just started up and cleared 7 bosses theres still time to clear it on normal +start heroics,which (at least for me) raiding is about. Guild hopper is a different thing (imho), you just hop around guild trough guild not really caring about the guilds you are in or what their progress is and just get the gear and leave,what I was saying is that you DO have to start somewhere,so get into that 7/14 guild,get some xp/gear along the way,and if you like the guild and how its led/managed+like the people,you stay and help them progress trough. But,on a dying server you aren't really a guild hopper if you changed a few guilds,because most likely the guild died and you had to move on. Just my 2 copper
    Well when you take it that way, of course anyone new would join such a guild. Taking down 5-7 bosses in their first 2-3 weeks is decent for a new player. But I was focused on what you said after when I was typing my comment, "the skill / deeper leadership problems issues" about most guilds that are 5/7 bosses in after 5 months of 5.4.

Deleted
    What a nice argument you've provided me to prove me wrong. If you want to see with your eyes what I described then log in in any server and look in the Trade chat, you will see the insane requirements. A new player with a fresh 90 can't get over the 528 barrier easily, and even that is nearly impossible since they are still new.
    You see ppl asking 540+ for flex all the time.
    Sorry to break it to you, but you actually have to work your way to get at least a decent bit of gear to join those groups or make your own.

And nobody wants to carry a lazy person who cant even bother to gem his sockets/enchant his gear either.