Pick order > nab

Ok I'm getting tired of people saying Pick order when you pick at the same time as someone else

Honestly

This community is starting to show its worse than WoW and thats saying something. I even call where I'm going, the champ I want to play and even pick & lock in before they do (not instant lock, was changing masteries)

I wish team builder was a little further along, but honestly I've hated every game in team builder. My teams always suck...where as in draft/blind normals I can win just fine.

Why is that though? It doesn't make sense in my mind.

I just can't comprehend the idea of picking at the same time as someone else they even being higher get more priority.

I feel pick order is barred by physically when you get to pick & not. Maybe I haven't been playing this game long enough, but I came in the january of season 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    I learned to adept at any role, of course my Sup/Jungle has much better win ratio, but still if needed i can adc
    I focus most important on pick what counter enemy team in my role if i get stuck in role i don't like, i'll never go top for example unless enemy picked first

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Because if something like that gets accepted as the ways things are then it cuts down on a lot of arguments in champ select.
    This. If everyone was on the same page it would make champ select so much smoother.

There has to be some "Rule" to at least help decide when 2 people both really want the same role. Higher on the list is at "Fairest" way.
    Overall it'd be great if people would just fill in and let everyone play their best roles, but that's never going to happen.

People like you are what I dislike about the community. If you pick at the same time, the player above has first pick, otherwise you end up with two people in the same role and a bunch of dumb arguments. Fucking deal with it or get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    The whole idea of pick order > calls was made to cut down on conflicts in champion select. However, if two people pick at the same time, there can still be conflicts. In order to resolve them, it is generally accepted that whoever has the higher placement, will have higher priority.
    Seems very logical to me. In theory it should prevent all conflicts, whereas your idea of "pick order" still has potential for conflicts.

The above basically means that the general meaning of "pick order" refers to a system, where the higher you are located in champ select, the higher your pick priority, regardless of if you actual pick at the same time as someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Deleted
    I always say at first that i have good results as mid lane, but i can fulfill any role. It usually ends up with team letting me mid, and if not i get to play another role which is much better than having an ongoing civil war for a whole game. If there is something that upsets me, it is when someone comes in and expects to be able to get his 1 role every time if just he brags and spams chat. Please learn all roles or at least a couple before you go ranked.
    Also if you are talking about Normals, i'd say they are where you try out picks that are less likely to work, and you play more carelessly. A win is more fun, but a loss is not that bad. If you play normals and expect people to play seriously, you are going to be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post

I just can't comprehend the idea of picking at the same time as someone else they even being higher get more priority.

I feel pick order is barred by physically when you get to pick & not. Maybe I haven't been playing this game long enough, but I came in the january of season 2.
    It makes perfect sense. The person who is higher in the pick order has a higher MMR (in yoloq). In theory you should let the 'best' players on the team take their preferred roles, hence pick order. Of course, this doesn't always work out in practice, but unless you have an acceptable alternative (and no, calling is not a good alternative) you really need to suck it up and take a different role if someone with a higher pick takes your preferred position. It makes it 'fair' for everyone and makes pre-game communication possible with 5 random people.

Of course if you call it, sit there and let the timer run out and the other person locks in the role you've chosen there's not really much you can do. But expecting the person who is higher in the pick order to just give you the role is asking for trouble.
    Who knows what secrets hide in the dark?

Ah yes...*I* do...

Quote Originally Posted by Hateful View Post
    The person who is higher in the pick order has a higher MMR (in yoloq).
    This is wrong. As it is right now, if you queue up solo, there's an equal chance (20%) to get any placement in the pick order. There are a few extra rules for duos, but I can't remember them right now. Either way, MMR is completely out of the picture, as far as pick order goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hateful View Post
    In theory you should let the 'best' players on the team take their preferred roles, hence pick order. [...] It makes it 'fair' for everyone
    It doesn't make it remotely fair for anyone, as all players do not have an equal chance to be first pick or get placed high in the pick order. That's why it was changed to the system I described above.
    Last edited by Riboe; 2014-03-13 at 11:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)