Thread: Is it safe...

10+ Year Old Account

Is it safe...

...to say 'we told you so' to all the people screaming that WOD would be released by March?
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

WOD will be out by 2015 at the current pace.

I remember when I said March was the optimistic date and they could make it then. I also remember when anyone who uttered a summer date was considered negative.

Now the summer dates are optimistic and September or beyond is.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    WOD will be out by 2015 at the current pace.
    We really don't know the pace, just because they are not handing out info daily doesn't mean that they are make little to no progress.

I'm start making up numbers, but Blizzard has changed from focusing on the 1% and more so on the 99%. Now I am sure that the one percent has increased to 10-20 percent, but the fact remains is that a lot of people haven't seen 'x' content and that it is still content to be consumed. Also influx of subs might just be people telling their friends the game is still fun, come get ready for the new xpack.

This game is like a glass of water, don't drink it all just because you can, just sip it when you get thirsty.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    We really don't know the pace, just because they are not handing out info daily doesn't mean that they are make little to no progress.

I'm start making up numbers, but Blizzard has changed from focusing on the 1% and more so on the 99%. Now I am sure that the one percent has increased to 10-20 percent, but the fact remains is that a lot of people haven't seen 'x' content and that it is still content to be consumed. Also influx of subs might just be people telling their friends the game is still fun, come get ready for the new xpack.

This game is like a glass of water, don't drink it all just because you can, just sip it when you get thirsty.
    Honestly I don't think you can say they're intentionally witholding information at this point. It's just starting to look like the devs are completely and totally lost as to what to do with the game.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    ...to say 'we told you so' to all the people screaming that WOD would be released by March?
    I suppose you could say that, but it's really Blizzard at fault for intentionally leading people on with nebulous promises of shorter development cycles, and things happening soon™. If there's anything to take away from this experience, it's that when dealing with Blizzard you should believe only half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we need another topic?

I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts they are waiting for ESO's release to drop the beta.
    Rel on Economics: "I'd wager most AH transaction are buy to flip sales. In fact most of the gold made is fake transactions to drive prices higher. Kinda like the whole financial collapse 2009...just saying..."

is it safe?! is it secret?!

But really. we did'nt need a topic on this.

and calling out people on predictions is inane. Though a march prediciton was highly unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is mostly baiting so I don't see a reason to keep it up.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by PriestRela View Post
    I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts they are waiting for ESO's release to drop the beta.
    A beta will be ready when it is ready.
    As shown previously you can't rush something out by a deadline and still expect it to work.
    Just stupid throwing around conspiracy theories, when in reality they would want it out sooner, not to be playing catchup after the fact.
    That only results in a worse experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    January 2015 seems like a good pace for them. They just might have to start working a little bit faster to hit that window.

Hope yall like SoO. You've got at least another six months of it with NOTHING NEW.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

As someone among a flock of others who don't know and, more specifically can't know what Blizzard is up to, I'm not arrogant enough to fling a date or month out there and declare "This is when WoD is coming out." I'm also not dim enough to whine that we're not getting information fast enough or "WAAH WAAH NOTHING NEW FOR X MONTHS". I'm content with what we've been getting thus far, as all of what I've been exposed to in regards to WoD looks amazing. I can't (but at the same time, I can) wait for when beta comes out.

As much as I predicted August/September to be the most likely date for release, I do not see any reason to do a 'told you so'. Anything could have happened and still may happen.

My only concern was when people were out-weighting something less probable than what you normally expect and see from Blizzard, they were not coming with strong reasons why all in a sudden Blizzard would magically go into rush mode for a releasing a title, which they never do (I will never forget the 3 year wait for WC III). People still saying they can come up with fast Beta test, well yes it may happen, but its less likely from Blizzard so why are you weighting chance of a 3 month beta more than a 5-6 month beta?
    Last edited by Xjev; 2014-03-01 at 09:57 PM.

It is very safe indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    It's probably not safe to tell you what I really think about this thread.

Well in the end, the eternal optimist will be right and the eternal pessimist will be wrong. You keep thinking beta will be the next week or soon, and eventually you'll be right. The eternal pessimist (not those who predicted a late summer release and have stuck with it), keeps pushing the release date further and further back endlessly will in the end be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    To the question of whether or not we need another thread on this, no. We don't really.

Everyone that feels the need can glory in the correctness of their predictions in other threads about this.

Closed.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."