Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In that tanking environment the better tanks will know which of X stat is enough for them, similar to how tanks treat Stamina now: get enough for X style of content you are doing then go for your next best stat. Granted in the future, depending on how close the stats are in value to each other, it may be that there will be 2-3 "enough" levels we'll need to hit, then we worry about DPS.

The way that you just put it though makes me wonder how well it will work in a situation without reforging and few gems slots. Gem sockets may be few and far between but the case may be, as the main way to adjust your stats on the fly in WoD, tanks may be carrying around stacks of gems to switch in and out of gear as they need...depending of course on the strength of the passives supporting the secondary stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Celestalon replied to me a few days ago with an ambiguous Tweet that, basically, says we're over-exaggerating how limited our gear-customization paths will be in WoD and that stats won't be as RNG as we're assuming. Take that for what you will. :p

As for 2-3 enough levels — we also see that with Monk right now. Not just Hit & Expertise caps, but you also need a certain minimum level of Haste (to have enough Chi generation to maintain 100% Shuffle uptime) and there's arguments for a certain level of Crit (for Elusive Brew) before you finally decide to stack all-Crit or all-Mastery after that.

It's actually very interesting, but it's brutal at low gear levels where you struggle to meet all your basic needs. It feels 'nice' at high gear levels where you meet a smart checklist and then stack your best stat, though.

Interesting...I wonder what they will be then. We know reforging is gone. That leaves gems and enchanting in the current paradigm.

I wonder if they are adding in something else that we don't know about yet. Something like rerolling secondary stats like you will be able to do in the D3 expansion...

Some bit of raid info from WatcherDev on twitter: https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...99563318398976

We could see some three tank fights in mythic at least...makes me wonder what they have planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeph View Post
    Some bit of raid info from WatcherDev on twitter: https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...99563318398976

We could see some three tank fights in mythic at least...makes me wonder what they have planned.
    There are 3 tank fights right now, and I think part of this is an assumption that guilds will 3 tank fights that are not intended originally to be 3 tanked.

Thanks for the thread! I'll have to keep an eye on this!

TL;DR
    HotR - sucks slightly less now.
    We go back to SS.
    We lost Wings + devo, because logic.
    We still don't have crit scaling.

(mfw druids get 70% cdr with 2 charges on a 2 min recharge)

Deleted
    I swear, the devs consistently exhibit decision-making-skills rivaled by several species of invertebrates. You let disc priests scale completely out of control due to, among other things, the quadratic interaction between crit and one of their secondary stats, recognize this as a problem, and then introduce this exact same mode of scaling for every tank class but paladin?

Next they'll be giving warriors Sanctity of Battle just to spite us... Oh wait, they've already announced plans to do that! I mean, I hate to be a doomsayer here, but it's currently looking like the way to go is anything but prot paladin next expac.

Time to find my guardian druid.
    I'm sure they'll give it to us (they did say they're not done), but looks retarded atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    TL;DR
    HotR - sucks slightly less now.
    HotR was mainly a wording change :P It still sucks. Instead of 20% (they said 15% but it says 20 ingame) physical +35% holy to everything - including your main target, it'll just do 50% physical to main target and the cleave to everything else.

We go back to SS.
    Too soon to decide :P have to see what the scaling is like

We lost Wings + devo, because logic.
    In fairness they also pruned the other tanks' raid CDs and DPS cools. DKs lost Army, Warrs lost Reck, Banner and Rallying Cry.

We still don't have crit scaling.
    Slightly disappointing though we do still have Haste scaling that beats everyone else's (Bears will only get reduced GCDs, not reduced ability cooldowns) and also Mastery will boost Attack Power for all tanks.

I'm overall pleased with what was pruned, most of what was changed and the new talent (srsly, it's sexy). I'm not sure if I'm playing Paladin yet, gotta get into beta and try it out. Atm I'm torn between Bear, Paladin and Warrior.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2014-04-04 at 02:29 AM.

Deleted
    You do realize that the new warrior passive, "Headlong Rush", is literally just Sanctity of Battle for warriors? They're giving them a completely equivalent passive while (so far, at least) giving us no real crit scaling in return.

Obviously I expect there to be a lot more info on paladins forthcoming, but atm with what we know it looks like we've been shit-canned. We can only pray whatever additional info they deign to give us in the coming months paints a less dire picture of our future.

I'm quite sure they're holding out on more details. For example: Notice how no tanks have any info on multi-strike? That'll be figured out later so it keys into defense.

It's still waaaaaay too early to say we're screwed, OP, or anything in between.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    You do realize that the new warrior passive, "Headlong Rush", is literally just Sanctity of Battle for warriors? They're giving them a completely equivalent passive while (so far, at least) giving us no real crit scaling in return.

Obviously I expect there to be a lot more info on paladins forthcoming, but atm with what we know it looks like we've been shit-canned. We can only pray whatever additional info they deign to give us in the coming months paints a less dire picture of our future.
    It's a bit early to say for sure, but doesn't look good. Brewmaster, let's roll (LoL).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    I think you're over-estimating what it actually does. For a Prot Warrior it'll reduce the cooldown and global cooldown of Thunder Clap and Shield Slam and just those. The usefulness of that haste scaling is going to depend entirely on what Rage looks like. Is it worth stacking Haste to get a reduced cooldown on 2 spells and only 1 Rage generator? Everything else still has the same GCD it did before.

By contrast, SoB reduces the GCD of *every* rotational skill we use.

I also don't think the Parry thing is that fancy tbh. It's a nice little bonus but considering tank Crit is really just awful, and it only works off auto-attacks, AND only buffs Parry so it's for ONE physical attack only it doesn't strike me as a sort of "sky is falling" kind of thing. It'll be extremely easy for Blizzard to add that for us and in all likelihood they either will or just remove it from all tanks.

The new passives Warriors got are not strong enough to open a significant gap worth worrying about right now.

Well hotr gets 20% buff, which still sucks.
    Conc gets 100% buff which means hotr is even more useless -.-
    Blizzard fixes nothing, takes away one of our defensive cds (Wings is still really nice for extra healing)

10+ Year Old Account
    They didn't explain anyone's Multistrike scaling either, and have repeatedly promised in discussions that all Tanks will value all secondary stats (sans Spirit).

So they either forgot to fit Prot Crit in the patch notes, or have not yet finalized how Prot Pala will scale with Crit, but an effort will be made — that's no-questions on the table for WoD.

I look at all the tanking classes in these notes and honestly feel that paladin is the only one which got weaker. Every spec has now either a 1s GCD or basically Sanctity of Battle, so we're no longer unique in that regard. Take a look at Guardians. Shit I may main one of those and not a BrM if these changes manage to make live. SI is a 70% redux on a 2 minute CD??? With two charges??!? That has to be a troll note to get people excited for Guardian druids. The whole point of a big damage redux is that it carries a longer CD. Welp, not anymore.

just a thought, new block perk (10%) + base block with mastery (21.50% i think it is? [correct me please if its wrong]) + holy shield (10%) = 41,50% Thats a lot of baseline block.

Also, Seraphim looks pretty leet.
    Last edited by slondon; 2014-04-04 at 05:28 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    and here we go with the apocalypse predictions.

I'm still curious whether I'm gonna play warrior or paladin in WoD. let's see when actual beta starts and we get some comparable numbers from max lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by slondon View Post
    just a thought, new block perk (10%) + base block with mastery (21.50% i think it is? [correct me please if its wrong]) + holy shield (10%) = 41,50% Thats a lot of baseline block.

Also, Seraphim looks pretty leet.
    Do keep in mind that Seraphim has to compete with 5 seconds of 50% dmg reduction from SoTR.