10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelemar View Post
    Don't know how to upload pics yet, so here goes nothing:

(I know, it's crap... off the charts)

You win the internetz. 1000/10
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

No one can be told what the MatOrcs is.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabannith View Post
    well i suppose now that tv an fv are the same dmg % im going to have to do more napkin math to see how much stronger fv will be
    100/70 = 1.43

43%
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

well i suppose now that tv an fv are the same dmg % im going to have to do more napkin math to see how much stronger fv will be

Easy, just 1/(1-AR). So right now 1/.68=47%
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

If Templar's Verdict really remains at 210% weapon damage, then damn FV will hit like a truck comparatively.

I really like the ideas that are thrown around here, like Exo guaranteeing crit TV/FV. We definitely need something like this. As of right now, without our 4set to watch, Ret feels kind of... boring to be quite honest.

Edit: Just seeing it now - FV hits almost for about 50% more on PvE targets (do regular mobs also have 32% armor?), that is amazing.
    Last edited by Kelemar; 2014-04-06 at 12:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

The Iron Horde is a system, hero. That system is our enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Napkin math time again take with a very big grain of salt

TV first assuming 100 wpn dmg

TV= 100(wpn dmg)*2.10(210%tv)=210
    armour reduction ~30%= 63
    so 210-63(tv dmg after armour)=147
    next we need to figure out how much mastery dmg we would get from this for easy maths lets assume 10% mastery rating
    so 210-63(tv dmg after armour)=147*.10=14.7 hand of light dmg.
    now we add them up

147(tv after armour)+14.7(10%mastery)= 167.7 total dmg

now for FV

FV= 100(wpn dmg)*2.10(210% holy dmg) =210
    no armour reduction
    next we need to figure out how much mastery dmg we would get from this for easy maths lets assume 10% mastery rating
    so 210*.10=21(mastery dmg)
    now we add it up
    210(holy dmg no armour reduction)+21(mastery)=231

231/147.7=1.56 so fv is approx 56% stronger than tv now bare in mind this is very rough math ,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maegor View Post
    Easy, just 1/(1-AR). So right now 1/.68=47%
    but you did not account for mastery dmg there
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

Well, done good sir. Well done.

You used the unmastery number for TV in the final calculation. The percentage difference should be unaffected by mastery.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

10+ Year Old Account
    well we got 3 diff answers on how fv vs tv is,, i will admit that my math is the shits . we need some body whos a math genius and is willing to do the TC for us
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

Napkin math time again take with a very big grain of salt

now we add them up

now for FV

no armour reduction
    now we add it up

231/147.7=1.56 so fv is approx 56% stronger than tv now bare in mind this is very rough math ,
    I never know in which order to calculate all of those reductions and 210% here and 10% mastery there... So, it is 56% then? Damn...
    Now if it would only have a new awesome icon with a sword, then this alone would be reason enough for me to get WoD.

So couple things. I think we see how much 2 points of boss AR affects how much MORE FV would hit -> 4%.

Edited for too quicks maths
    Last edited by Maegor; 2014-04-06 at 12:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maegor View Post
    So couple things. I think we see how much 2 points of boss AR affects how much MORE FV would hit -> 4%.

Then, look how much mastery added to that. Jumped the 30% AR from 43% to 56%, with just 10% mastery. This is why our mastery being a second attack and not a modifier is important. If it was just a modifier, then there wouldn't have been a difference.
    true when comparing 1 attack to the next mastery is not needed, honestly i was just using old equations from when i was calculating it with inquisition... but that's not needed anymore

Oh and you also added wrong.

now we add them up

now for FV

no armour reduction
    now we add it up

231/147.7=1.56161.7=1.43

10+ Year Old Account
    so no mastery = 147 tv dmg and 210 fv dmg
    210/147=1.4285

so FV will be 43% stronger than TV , if current values for the skills stay as they are now at 210%

this just goes to show how strong mastery is, even just 10% mastery increased the dmg output difference by ~13%

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Oh and you also added wrong.
    oh shit it did... well i did say i wasent the greatest at math.. and im half watching the animaniacs so im not 100% paying attention

Again, Mastery doesn't affect the difference. 110/77 gives the same result as 100/70.

10+ Year Old Account
    exactly mastery is just icing on the cake , but you can easily see how even a small amount of it would and does affect our dmg overall

- - - Updated - - -

even with the loss of inquisiton, i just wonder how much value mastery will loose realitive to haste and crit now

No inq is bad for our mastery. But mastery is an easy stat to fix, you just change the conversion rate.

10+ Year Old Account

Muscles glasses!

Also date a live /squeeee

so FV will be 43% stronger than TV , if current values for the skills stay as they are now at 210%
    So long as TV and FV have the same weapon coefficient, then FV will deal ~42.8% more damage (at 30% armor reduction). The reduced formula is as simple as: 1 / (1 - Armor)

0% Armor = Equal damage
    10% Armor = 11.1%
    20% Armor = 25%
    30% Armor = 42.8%
    40% Armor = 66.7%

Of course, with FV hitting harder, it means that DS only pulls ahead at 3 mobs instead of 2.

Re: Art of War
    Here's a random idea I had for AoW:
    1) Allow Exo crits to proc AoW.
    2) AoW procs grant a buff that increases the HP generation of Exo by 1. Stacks 2 times. Consumed by Exo.

Not sure if it's a good idea, but it was interesting enough I figured I'd share.

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    Also date a live /squeeee
    Tohka best girl!

B2T: Back to 43% on how much more damage FV will do, but that's still an awesome lot. No way will I ever pick Seraphim or Seal Dancing over this one.