Deleted

Assassin help - Worried

So here is my situation.
    I Recently returned to the game after a 5 month break and I am worried. I am worried because I think my DPS is stupidly low and I don't wanna be bad at the game. I wanna be good at the game. Here's my armoury link. eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Burtron/simple

Now Rotation wise I beleive I am doing everything right. Deadly Poion and Leaching Poison on my weapons.
    Stealth - Mutilate. Then SnD then mutilate to 4 combo points then get rupture up. Then Mutilate to 5 combos and Envenom. Repeart this keeping SnD up and Rupture. As well as using Envenom every time I have full combos without clipping them.
    At 35% Change to Dispatch.
    CDs used at the right time of the fights.
    Now doing this - I do normally around 80-90k dps. 90 very rarely and if the conditions are just right.
    I don't mind getting flamed and being called a noob. I do class research etc and I believe that Assassin is only good one you get 535 itm lvl? Donno if that is true. Just heard that from a mate.
    I do do research about my Class. But I just wanted to check with you guys. If I am doing anything wrong at all.
    I'm worried.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers guys.
    Burt.

With item level 511 you really shouldn't expect much beyond 100k dps. I'm sure if you improve your spec/rotation/gear set up etc. perhaps you can squeeze out some extra dps, but don't get you hopes very high.

You will see incremental increases to your dps past 535-545. Getting the Legendary meta gem and the cloak are also crucial. Before that you won't be able to compete with those who do have it.

Deleted
    Thanks So do you think going Combat or Sub for now would be more beneficial?

Sub is harder, stick to assa. When u will have better gear go for combat(u need haste!) sub also is better on high ilvl but its harder spec and very low aoe (good on single target if u dont need to switch often)

You also need AoC to be competetive as Combat. (Assurance of Consequence)

As a mut rogue, I do the following in pve:

Stealth > pop vendetta + shadow blades > Open with ambush > Rupture > Mutilate > SnD > Mutilate to 5 combo points > Refresh rupture > Mutilate to 5-10 combo points > Envenom > Vanish > Ambush > Continue rotation from there.

Refresh whatever needs refreshing at this point. Let rupture get to about 2-3s before falling off to refresh. Envenom otherwise. DO not clip envenom unless nothing else needs to be refreshed and you are near full energy/near max (10) combo points. By clipping envenom, I mean the envenom buff.

I vanish+ambush on cd.

Without better gear, you wont do more than 90-100k dps. TBH, I was doing about 120k dps burst in near full ToT LFR when ToT was current content and about 80-90k dps as the fight progressed.

Use http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/ to sim your rogue. Have it auto reforge and regem for you. But before you do any of that. After you load your character into the sim, go to Advanced tab > Force Custom stat Priority reforge (drop down menu) Master > Haste > Crit then select the button custom reforge all. You will need to do that everytime for a new piece of gear under this tab ONLY.