Poll: Are you for or against the ability bloat?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ability bloat - Yay or nay?

You all have most likely heard of the ability bloat, how do you guys feel about it?

It will feel really really good to get rid of all junk buttons on my bars.
    And it doesn't simplify the game, as having less to work whit demands of you to do it perfect instead.

I'm unsure, as long as it doesn't dumb the game down. I'm fine with it.

Though regardless of my opinions, its good for the game. Way more casual players than those who are fearful of "dumbing the game down"

If they continue with it we will be able to play wow with a controller in 2-3 addons.
    They planned it all along!

this is a bad way to phrase a question.

Do you mean ability bloat as in the fact that we have way too many abilities? Or do you mean are we for or against Blizzards decision to cut abilities to lessen the bloat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ability Bloat:

No Ability Bloat:

Who am i to judge for anyone but myself which is better functionally or aesthetically, there is no accounting for taste.
    As for myself, I prefer the elegence of scarcity and spareness. I value the subtlely of constraints.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

I don't understand the question. I am against Ability Bloat, which means I am WITH cutting of useless abilities.

Although if they do it badly, then I will not be "down with OAB"
    --------------------------------------------------
    Sathir, Dreadlord of Greenmist
    AKA Bigokk from FFXI

Read My Lips: No New Content -Mike Morhaime, 2016 US Presidential Candidate
    WWCGD (What Would Ghostcrawler Do)? Unsub.

Deleted
    I am not sure what I am answering?

If I vote "for" am I saying "yes I am for them removing ability bloat" or am I saying "yes I am for ability bloat existing"?

Needs to be clearer.

Deleted
    I don't see the bloat in most cases, especially in the case of my main which is a BrM Monk.

I'm losing my disarm due to pvp reasons in WoD which is fine but I'd rather they leave me with my other abilities. I'll also lose Healing Sphere, which is something I'm not too happy about but can deal with. I know Avert Harm is supposed to be high on the removal list but it's actually quite nice during the moment you're not tanking a boss (tank swap mechanics and the such). I have no idea what else they could remove without leaving me with no buttons to push at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    I don't see the bloat in most cases, especially in the case of my main which is a BrM Monk.

I'm losing my disarm due to pvp reasons in WoD which is fine but I'd rather they leave me with my other abilities. I'll also lose Healing Sphere, which is something I'm not too happy about but can deal with. I know Avert Harm is supposed to be high on the removal list but it's actually quite nice during the moment you're not tanking a boss (tank swap mechanics and the such). I have no idea what else they could remove without leaving me with no buttons to push at all.
    Monks are less bloaty than most classes because they are new, and as a new class they don't have layers and layers of old and half-broken abilities from expansions past... They are not really a good example. Look rather to warriors, priests, rogues or shamans!
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2014-03-12 at 09:20 PM.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Ability Bloat:
    http://adecorativeaffair.files.wordp...on-chinois.jpg

No Ability Bloat:
    http://lookhomedesign.com/wp-content...ior-design.jpg

Who am i to judge for anyone but myself which is better functionally or aesthetically, there is no accounting for taste.
    As for myself, I prefer the elegence of scarcity and spareness. I value the subtlely of constraints.
    Interesting twist, I have to say.
    Now to carry that further, there's the problem right there.
    In the first picture is a vast amount of incredible craftsmanship and artistic skills to see.
    The second picture (I personally prefer such living environment too btw) that's not the case, not nearly that much.
    Symbolic speaking, we are talking about a game. And the bloat in the game leads ever closer to making it feel like a job. But I have a job. When I get off work, I want to relax and chill out. I put my energy and focus on things that matter for real. Things that make me money or have real life effects and benefits.
    The game should not demand such, yet if one wants to play it really well, it's damn close to that.

So, I voted Against.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Your phrasing of the question leaves me hesitant to answer, but I am all for trimming abilities. I found combat more fun when there were fewer abilities (especially fewer cooldowns.)

Deleted
    Biased question. Bloat is s negative word in itself.
    Last edited by mmoc2cfe61b4f1; 2014-03-12 at 09:52 PM.

No class should need more than 10 abilities to play optimally in either PvP or PvE.

That includes abilities of every type; offensive, defensive and support. Permanent buffs do not count nor do fun/flavor abilities like eye of kilrogg or far sight.

Ability bloat has led to addons and macros being necessary to break into the top 1% in PvP or PvE. 10 abilities keeps things more interesting and complex than say 5, but it removes the need to addons, macros and special input devices like MMO mice, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    I imagine that a new class wouldn't see so much. The most interesting thing about how they'll fix the issue of too many abilities is how that will be structured. We've seen some of the reasoning in the blogs they've put up (ex: removing disarms) and I'm very much wait and see before I start saying that it's OK or not OK.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Ability bloat happens as each expansion provides more and more tools to either (1) even utility between classes or (2) make new useful pvp abilities.

It's an organic process. But it reaches a critical mass and needs to blow up and start over. We've hit that point. And we're blowing it up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just remove the poll. It's so terribly worded that you can't get any information from it. But yes, there is ability bloat and I hope they cut back correctly. Though I am worried about the healing changes. I don't think they should cut down mobility. I am primarily a pve player and mobility is fun. I hate that they are taking that from us. It's like going back to vanilla where you stood in one place for most of a boss fight. It was boring.

Cutting down on the number of pointless abilities every class has is one of the best decisions they've made in a long time.

I just hope they're relentless about it and do a thorough job. None of this "but what if people miss ability X?" Tough. They'll get over it, in my opinion.

Deleted
    Rejoice with WoD we will enter the future of wow wich means being able to play wow on console like diablo3...
    next step: to progress your char you have to do the same story in easy then in normal and then in hard.
    and then you have to do it all over again...