Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Lightbulb Is Blizzard going to let us change the appearance of our toons?

i was just reading the forums apparently someone was saying that blizz was going to give away free race changes in WoD...?

i don't think is accurate but if im not wrong they are going to let us change the appearance only once, if not what is the point of making new faces, i don't think blizz is that greedy to make us pay for that change it will be a bad call from blizz; But race in the other hand will be nice, maybe 50% off ? Why not, because we are going to have new racials (witch i would like them to be all fun and cosmetic)

Given the skin your character will be assigned is a graphical update based on its old skin, nothing is (in essence) changing except for prettiness levels. And no, it has been stated multiple times there will be no free recustomisation or race changes.

Quote Originally Posted by llandrywyn View Post
    Given the skin your character will be assigned is a graphical update based on its old skin, nothing is (in essence) changing except for prettiness levels. And no, it has been stated multiple times there will be no free recustomisation or race changes.
    Except that they change quite a lot.

is supposedly the direct update of this face:

Yet they look nothing alike, except for the eye color and eye make up (and the pink pigtails, of course ). One is very stern and serious looking, the other is looking pretty ditzy and happy. If that's supposed to be the direct replacement, I'd rather get to choose if I can't find a more fitting face for my formerly stern and serious looking character.

And on the other hand, I might love the new happy and ditzy face for another gnome character of mine, who used to have a "happy and ditzy" face that has now become more neutral.

Blizzard give out free things?
    Correction.
    Any company give out free things?
    Last time I checked, companies wanted profits, and what better way to get more money than have people buy recustomizations after the new models are released.

Deleted
    ITT: a "stern and serious looking" gnome.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I am aware they're undecided on this until all of the revamps are complete, implemented and tested.

If there's alot of player outcry over the looks? I'm sure a free appearance alteration will be available upon the launch day.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambuco View Post
    i was just reading the forums apparently someone was saying that blizz was going to give away free race changes in WoD...?

i don't think is accurate but if im not wrong they are going to let us change the appearance only once, if not what is the point of making new faces, i don't think blizz is that greedy to make us pay for that change it will be a bad call from blizz; But race in the other hand will be nice, maybe 50% off ? Why not, because we are going to have new racials (witch i would like them to be all fun and cosmetic)
    No because for the most part, they will still look the same, just higher res models.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorperior View Post
    Any company give out free things?
    Last time I checked, companies wanted profits, and what better way to get more money than have people buy recustomizations after the new models are released.
    A race change isn't a 'free thing' anymore than a haircut change is... it is just a matter of what you think is reasonable...
    Whenever someone dares to criticize some of Blizzard's moves, they always get hit by angry answers like this one

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    ...................no

Pay for the apperance change if you don't like it.

* Really getting sick of the "cater to me" BS.
    Stop being so primitive and angry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont be suprised if all your good looking wow faces get replaced with uglier ones, so you are forced to pay to get back a good looking one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    No because for the most part, they will still look the same, just higher res models.
    yeah but anyway you might want to change it so you can experience the whole change.....

and is just change your face, colour not of gender or race is like plastic surgery ! i want a surgery hospital where the barber shop is!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be cool if they gave players the option to exchange the free level 90 for a free blizzard store credit to spend on whatever they want.

Blizzard put in an option to use old character models just so they would make make profit off you people! Blizzard going to be rolling in cash for WoD! You can't complain because you can use the old! They sure know how to make that Zeni!

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe a free customization assuredly not race changes. If they do recustomization I fully expect there to be a catch of some sort, maybe with a subscription plan or WoD Digital Deluxe.

Hopefully they let us recustomize. I use the human female face on my character that they showed the direct update too, and they aren't the same at all. I also don't want to look like Katey Perry.

Deleted
    Blizzard fanboys are like cows, they love getting milked.

With current wow players attitude you wont see anything for free anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post

is supposedly the direct update of this face:

Yet they look nothing alike, except for the eye color and eye make up (and the pink pigtails, of course ). One is very stern and serious looking, the other is looking pretty ditzy and happy. If that's supposed to be the direct replacement, I'd rather get to choose if I can't find a more fitting face for my formerly stern and serious looking character.

And on the other hand, I might love the new happy and ditzy face for another gnome character of mine, who used to have a "happy and ditzy" face that has now become more neutral.
    the face is exactly the same only it has animation now.

just because it occasionally smiles doesnt mean its a different face just because your muppet has the same dumb look nomatter what its doing
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I remember them specifically saying they will not be giving out appearance change. Asking for a free race change is just silly and trying to take advantage of them.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralikon View Post
    Asking for a free race change is just silly and trying to take advantage of them.
    This is good sig material. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post

You can't be taken seriously if you chose a female gnome with pigtails even if it you thought it had a stern face.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    The only reason we'd need an appearance change is if they added subraces. It'd just be unfair for someone whose rped as a dragonmaw orc or a forest troll for the better part of a decade to be forced to reroll or pay up so they can keep their backstory legitimate. Really, it may not make sense if you're not from an rp server, but trolls tend to rp as different tribes. If they added subraces, then I know a bunch of sand trolls and revantusk trolls that would have to delete their characters and start over as the new subrace.
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.