Your thoughts about Yosuga no Sora

I just finished watching it and i have to admit that it left me a very weird after taste.Till episode 9 if u skip the sex part,it was really well made and the stories were interesting.I have to admit though that the last 3 episodes even though they were great,had a pretty huge taboo,which made many people over the internet to hate it.
    The truth is that u cant really control ur feelings and which one u love but still...

10+ Year Old Account
    Incest stories are surprisingly common in anime, but Yosuga no Sora turns it up to 11.

Deleted
    It's a really good anime, and the last arc is one of the reasons why. Not because of the incest, but because of how it handles it, if you watch the ending closely (trying not to spoil anything), you'll see that the ending can be interpreted in two ways, which made it into one of the more socially accepted incest stories.

I have to admit that now,a few hours later,i start to "understand" them and yea i loved it
    @Radio,it was my first romance so i had no idea how common it is,thats why i found it pretty weird,even though it was common in Medieval (high class of Europe).
    @Kimiko,i bet u are talking about the lake(i hope its not spoiler just mention it and the inner struggle).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearnor View Post
    @Radio,it was my first romance so i had no idea how common it is,thats why i found it pretty weird,even though it was common in Medieval (high class of Europe).
    Don't expect it in every anime romance story, but for a bunch of the stories with multiple love interests a sibling is often done as a potential, though not every one of those examples will actually follow through with it. Yosuga no Sora is fairly extreme in particular for a non-hentai.

Yosuga no Sora is fairly extreme in particular for a non-hentai.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm,at some points it pass the line between non hentai and soft hentai :P Maybe i am new to it,mostly watching action/sci-fi/horror/mystery etc etc.
    Thanks both of u for ur answers and ur opinions Much appreciated!

Deleted
    Hmmmm,at some points it pass the line between non hentai and soft hentai :P Maybe i am new to it,mostly watching action/sci-fi/horror/mystery etc etc.
    Thanks both of u for ur answers and ur opinions Much appreciated!
    Im quite sure that genre is called "Ecchi", might be wrong though. Anyways if you liked the whole romance genre, here's a list of a couple of other good ones:
    Amagami SS & SS Plus
    True Tears
    Myself: Yourself.
    School Days (this one is alot more psychological though)

Also about the lakes, it's not only about that. If you look closely on the last episode, the "Bunny" Sora has, is what shows several possible endings.

OH and Kiss x Sis, however this one is really on the borderline of ecchi - hentai, still funny, comedy even.

Thanks once again for the reply kimiko I am thinking of watching Elfen Lied,way too many friends recommended it.I will give a shot to all ur recommendations except the Kiss x Sis :P I am not really a fan of "Ecchi" genre.
    Ah yea the Bunny as well!I think that she managed at least to get over the attachment she had to her past/parents etc etc,i might be wrong though!I have to admit that some animes give u a lot to think about life and all the possibilities/chancies that the characters have to grow and mature!

Thanks once again for the reply kimiko I am thinking of watching Elfen Lied,way too many friends recommended it.I will give a shot to all ur recommendations except the Kiss x Sis :P I am not really a fan of "Ecchi" genre.
    Ah yea the Bunny as well!I think that she managed at least to get over the attachment she had to her past/parents etc etc,i might be wrong though!I have to admit that some animes give u a lot to think about life and all the possibilities/chancies that the characters have to grow and mature!
    Elfen Lied ... I am not sure how to put this but I consider it overrated. When you become an old anime vet like myself you will begin to realize how ordinary the story actually is. Personally I believe Genocyber to be a more superior Anime with contains all the similar themes but it is super old so no one knows it anymore.

If you are just getting started watching anime you could do worse than Elfen Lied so in this respect go ahead and watch it but don't expect to be totally blown away by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    Elfen Lied ... I am not sure how to put this but I consider it overrated. When you become an old anime vet like myself you will begin to realize how ordinary the story actually is. Personally I believe Genocyber to be a more superior Anime with contains all the similar themes but it is super old so no one knows it anymore.

If you are just getting started watching anime you could do worse than Elfen Lied so in this respect go ahead and watch it but don't expect to be totally blown away by it.
    I finished it,well to be honest,i liked it.It was inspired from a poem from what i found out,it has many common points with it,especially the ending.And sadly it has a very decent realistic point of view in all the tragic stories behind each character.I will check Genocyber as well.Bein old it doesnt mean that it has to be bad,it lack in color/effects but in many cases the story cover this part,just like in movies.

I finished it,well to be honest,i liked it.It was inspired from a poem from what i found out,it has many common points with it,especially the ending.And sadly it has a very decent realistic point of view in all the tragic stories behind each character.I will check Genocyber as well.Bein old it doesnt mean that it has to be bad,it lack in color/effects but in many cases the story cover this part,just like in movies.
    Glad you liked it. It isn't a bad anime but I do have to roll my eyes a little when people consider it 'essential' anime.

Anime has matured much since I first started back in the late 80s and early 90s. Just like movies you begin to see the same themes, characters, etc with really only the setting being different. However it is always a treat that great once in awhile when you truly experience something you have never experienced before.

Hehe,i think u should relax a bit more.After all,everyone understands and feels on his/her own way based on their own experiences.For example u are watching anime for a couple of decades so u are more experienced than others,for example me.
    And yea,most of the ideas are the same but always there are some diamonds in the mud! And in the late 80s early 90s most of the ideas were fresh and new because the quantity of anime back then was way smaller.Keep in mind as well that in art there is almost nothing new,always someone is using a previous idea and improves it,just like sience