Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkers View Post
    So it's been confirmed by Celestalon on twitter that mages will NOT multi dot at all in WOD
    obviously this alone is a huge nerd to proccs and straight damage output

what do you think they're going to do to make amends?

buff straight single target spells?
    make the single target DoT cause more procs?
    give the single target dot a large range, make it spread?

i dunno
    boohoo you cant pad meters. thats all any of our mages do when it comes to multi dotting. especially paragons. its wasted dps that has no effect, and with all trinkets on a ppm timer, i highly doubt its gonna do much to real dps over padding dps

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    boohoo you cant pad meters. thats all any of our mages do when it comes to multi dotting. especially paragons. its wasted dps that has no effect, and with all trinkets on a ppm timer, i highly doubt its gonna do much to real dps over padding dps
    Paragons is the only fights you can "pad" dots on because they heal, so any DoTs on the non kill target is wasted damage. DoT damage is useful damage on other fights though because all targets need to die. And if your mages dot on Paragons, that's an issue with your mages, not with the class.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

I hadn't seen this Tweet, and I'm rather happy about it.

I don't main a Mage but it's my preferred caster toon. For a long time before I played a Warlock, but I gravitated toward Arcane Mage in Cataclysm; it had its weaknesses and problems certainly, but I liked a lot of how it played and my damage potential on command.

But the dramatic expansion of the bombs has not been to my taste in the slightest, especially as Arcane where I felt like I was playing a "true" caster that concentrated on direct damage. I've played a Mage on and off through all of MoP, and overall still enjoyed it but I definitely won't miss feeling compelled to DoT everything in sight. I have a S.priest and Warlock for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenbud View Post
    Pretty sure they have stated that want to keep trinkets very powerful.
    While true, they won't be stacking like they do now to absurd levels of strength.

I guess I should have also pointed out that only ICD trinkets proc faster with multidotting. RPPM trinkets do not, and this tier only has one ICD proc: Amplification's Int proc.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

This topic has been talked in detail in the 6.0 thread. In the end they think Mages should not be focused on DoT's and I for 1 agree with that. Sure it will take a bit of our gameplay away, but with all the talk about our rotations being too stale for Arcane and Fire.. Am sure they are doing something about it.

Anyways, Thread Closed. If you want to continue go to the 6.0 thread.