Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I think the WoW devs believe the same. And exactly thats their problem.
    Maybe because it's true? If you don't think it is then we're going to have to agree to disagree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Maybe because it's true?
    800.000 people quitting last quarter show a different possible interpretation.

Deleted
    800.000 people quitting last quarter show a different possible interpretation.
    But that wasn't quitting because of change. That was quitting because of nothing changing. No new content. What has that got to do with adapting to change if there is nothing to change from?

When you say "Yeah but 800,000" it's actually got to have some relevant context to what you're talking about.

Deleted
    No new content. What has that got to do with adapting to change if there is nothing to change from?
    They had to adapt to blizzards idea that 13 months of no content was ok.

I talk about design decisions of blizzard. And that they added no content for one year was a design decision a lot of people were not willing to adapt to.

Also i dont know why all those people quitted. I did not ask them. So didnt you.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We will see next month when WOD is live, and how

1) healers feel/cope as it stands alot are hating healing in Beta this is a huge issue
    2) How people like WOD and once max level, if they handle garrisons, all the gating, change, and if people will adapt or die off.

Regardless of someone view/opinion for this or that reason, makes no difference really. Time will tell, and thats just a little over a month away for whether numbers fall drastically or not.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    Regardless of someone view/opinion for this or that reason, makes no difference really. Time will tell, and thats just a little over a month away for whether numbers fall drastically or not.
    I expect the numbers to rise back to a 7 million level once the expac is shipped. The quarter after the release is the way more interesting part.

Deleted
    They had to adapt to blizzards idea that 13 months of no content was ok.

I talk about design decisions of blizzard. And that they added no content for one year was a design decision a lot of people were not willing to adapt to.
    Lack of a design decision is not a design decision in itself. Blizzard also stated they're not ok with 13 months of no content they've given their reason as to why it happened.

If this is just speculation then again, we're going to have to agree to disagree. I'd just appreciate it if you weren't going to be as obtuse as saying that lack of content is a design decision. That's like saying lack of apple is a special kind of fruit.

Semantics never has a place in this debate, especially on a forum in which people are really quick to twist words in their favour and use ambiguity as an asbolute.

Which would be why I avoid them whenever possible.

But Tom sort of invited the whole semantics scenario through his somewhat cryptic choice of words. I did not say that i liked it, just that it is part of the debate now due to that word choice (and because he never chose to clarify his statement).
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2014-10-04 at 06:06 PM.

Deleted
    Blizzard also stated they're not ok with 13 months of no content they've given their reason as to why it happened.
    Then i wonder why they did not make a team to add new content during the dry phase. It was long enough.

At the end, blizzard decided not to add new content for all those months. And at the end, people had to adapt to it.. or not. As like many of the people that quitted.

Regarding blizzard theres always a difference between what they say and what they do. For blizzard, a long dry phase is easy money. They dont have to pay new development, and it seems still a lot of players pay them for nothing.

Deleted
    They dont have to pay new development, and it seems still a lot of players pay them for nothing.
    Which directly contradicts your statement that people don't adapt, they quit. Please try and keep it consistent. If they DID quit then it wouldn't be easy money for them, because lack of content isn't adaptable and they'd lose that money.

Like I said, 800,000 is the some quitting compared to the other millions that adapt. Some quit, most adapt. They are still unacceptable numbers, sure, but they still fit the notion that SOME quit, MOST adapt.
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2014-10-04 at 06:09 PM.

Deleted
    Which directly contradicts your statement that people don't adapt, they quit.
    No it doesnt, as many people didnt. See those 800.000 people that quitted in the last quarter. Even if many continue to pay, many dont.

Thats the problem i talked about. And i believe thats the main reason WoW is in decline.

Abritary decisions of the devs that make people to quit the game.

Deleted
    No it doesnt, as many people didnt. See those 800.000 people that quitted in the last quarter. Even if many continue to pay, many dont.

Thats the problem i talked about.
    I amended my statement. See the above.

I expect the numbers to rise back to a 7 million level once the expac is shipped. The quarter after the release is the way more interesting part.

I can agree with this. I am predicting 7-8 million to start, how far it drops from there is anybody's guess.

They could very well be preparing another TI-style "epics on the ground" area for 6.1 that might hold them steady for a while, but there would seem to be only so many times that you can play that card... I don't know, maybe not.

Deleted
    Like I said, 800,000 is the some quitting compared to the other millions that adapt. Some quit, most adapt. They are still unacceptable numbers, sure, but they still fit the notion that SOME quit, MOST adapt.
    If blizzard did it right, they wont lose 10% of the playerbase in just three months.

If they had added content during the dry phase, i am sure that most of that people would have stayed with the game.

At the end, it's the total of the design decisions which seal the fate of World of Warcraft. Not adding content for a year is one of them.

Removing flying is another. Just to return to the topic.

Deleted
    If blizzard did it right, they wont lose 10% of the playerbase in just three months.
    Which is why they're aware they didn't do it right. It's all well and good to say this in hindsight but what does it accomplish? I know Blizzard fucked up with the content lull but my point still stands that some quit, most adapted.

- - - Updated - - -

On a side note, we're deviating from the topic at hand. Back on track please.

Deleted
    Which is why they're aware they didn't do it right.
    I think thats just a lip service. actions speak louder than words.

Dont believe everything only because blizzard says it.

Deleted
    I think thats just a lip service. actions speak louder than words.

Dont believe everything only because blizzard says it.
    And yet it's ok to believe Blizzard when it fits your agenda?

That was Chilton. And he seems to be sure about it, so i dont expect any innovation from him anymore.
    I think you mean to say "Only believe Blizzard if it falls into what you want to believe". Please be a bit more honest and consistent if you want a serious discussion.

Deleted
    Only believe Blizzard if it falls into what you want to believe
    I dont believe blizzard until i proved it for myself.

But thanks for the discussion.

Now lets return to flying or no flying. With trying not to repeat the same arguments.

Deleted
    I dont believe blizzard until i proved it for myself.

But thanks for the discussion.
    "proved it for yourself" is a massive pitfall of confirmation bias. It's not objective proof I'm afraid. If you want to continue basing your arguments around that then feel free to, but it has no basis in legitemacy.

Deleted
    "proved it for yourself" is a massive pitfall of confirmation bias. It's not objective proof I'm afraid. If you want to continue basing your arguments around that then feel free to, but it has no basis in legitemacy.
    Whatever you think, sir. I am happy to be able to discuss with someone who is as passionate as you are. In special when it comes to personal assumptions.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2014-10-04 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Some sarcasm.