10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Don't discount the people who will resub or come back spurred on by promising world changes which include no flying. Its not a one way street.
    There's always the possibility that it will look like the highway leaving the city during afternoon rush hour though.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    There's always the possibility that it will look like the highway leaving the city during afternoon rush hour though.
    As is the possibility players will fall in love with the world of Draenor accessible and explorable only on foot/ground.

I think the deciding factor in this debate for the masses is not going to actually be flying or the lack thereof, but how well Blizzard designs the world itself. That includes content such as Timeless Isle and also all the flight path networks etc etc. But ironically not flying itself.

If its shit, people will find some arbitrary hook to cling to and lament about, and flying will be a great and easy target to point to. If the world itself is great and savage (as we'd all like to hope it will be), the truth is people will simply be too busy playing and enjoying the game to stop to actually think about it. The whole notion of "i love draenor, I love this expansion, but I wish I could fly though - im going to quit!!!!" is simply a scenario that wont happen outside of a handful of extremist cases you can count on one hand here on MMOchamp.

Since Blizzard is well aware there are angry, grumpy forum trolls on MMO ready to pounce - one would think they're going to be exxxxtrrra careful when designing the world with the above in mind.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2014-03-16 at 10:55 AM.

As is the possibility players will fall in love with the world of Draenor accessible and explorable only on foot/ground.

I think the deciding factor in this debate for the masses is not going to actually be flying or the lack thereof, but how well Blizzard designs the world itself. That includes content such as Timeless Isle and all the flight path networks etc etc. Ironically not flying itself.

If its shit, people will find some arbitrary hook to cling to and lament about, and flying will be a great and easy target to point to. If the world itself is great and savage (as we'd all like to hope it will be), the truth is people will simply be too busy playing and enjoying the game to stop to actually think about it. The whole notion of "i love draenor, I love this expansion, but I wish I could fly though - im going to quit!!!!" is simply a scenario that wont happen.

Since Blizzard is well aware there are angry, grumpy forum trolls on MMO ready to pounce - one would think they're going to be exxxxtrrra careful when designing the world with the above in mind.
    Continually telling people that it is not the reason they unsub/don't buy doesn't make you right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    Repeating this over and over doesn't make it universal truth. For some people it might be, but it's still a false statement. The WoD announce got me back to WoW, bought MoP and started playing like crazy again. Was massively hyped for WoD and pre-ordering was a no-brainer. The no flying until 6.1 killed the hype some for me, but I figured that I can quest to cap once and unsub until flight patch and it would be no worries. Now though, they aren't even saying what they are going to do. I'm not buying WoD for doing the quest content once, no matter how hyped I was. The end result will probably be that I don't buy it until they reinstate flying again. If they don't do that then I'm not coming back. I have unsubbed again btw. I came back to prep my chars for WoD and now when I don't even know if I'll play it there is no point to that.

So there you have it, flying is that important to some of us. If they remove it they pretty much remove the open world as a way I like to spend my time in-game. That leaves queueing for shit in town, which is boring as hell.
    I think it's silly to condemn no flying without knowing what lvl 100 content will be, apart from the standard package of Arena/BG/Heroics/Raids.

Deleted
    You can't put the genie inside the bottle, Blizzard. It's pointless to even try.

I truly don't understand it , Blizzard wants to tell us how to play the game .Flying is a option every time you do it , meaning if you want to take extra time and see stuff from a ground mount and immerse yourself into the game , then by all means do it but for ones of us that only have min's to play a day or totally don't give a rats ass about wasting our time getting from point A to B then let us fly.

I genuinely wonder how it will go. Ever since Alex Afrasiabi, Furor/Foror, the man who was hated in his time, officially returned, people have been like "WoW will be good again!". Of course I knew they would be trying to return to 'zhe olden times', or at least, those who returned from Titan would try to make WoW into vanilla v2. again. Alex is pretty much the first Ghostcrawler. Hated in his time, and when he was replaced, it became "THE LEGEND OF FOROR!", where people told the new players about how awesome he was, like a grandfather tells his grandchildren how great a leader someone was in his time.

I myself remain skeptical. There is a reason he was so hated, and I am sure that reason will eventually rear its head again. I am truly intrigued and can't wait to watch from the sidelines, until 6.1, if the plan remains to lock flying until 6.1, that is.

How about you give the people the option between flying or using their ground mount? Everyone gets whzt they want.

What I cannot get over is how long this thread is, when it is based on an opinion of an interpretation of a brief comment about something that might happen in an expansion that we haven't even started Beta for yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    How about you give the people the option between flying or using their ground mount? Everyone gets whzt they want.

That option exists, but people lack the self-control to use it because they might lose a race they have created in their head. Hell-yeah you put your self at a disadvantage, but sometimes it's compromise. Apparently, the current system, where you can't fly at all, is better.

Hypocritical, really. People whining over the lack of option when it comes to using flight mounts or not, because it puts them at a disadvantage if they don't, and in turn, their solution to make it more fair is to remove any semblance of an option whatsoever, by not making flight available. Genius!

Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    only working solution to this, would be making ground mounts as fast as flying mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I think it's silly to condemn no flying without knowing what lvl 100 content will be, apart from the standard package of Arena/BG/Heroics/Raids.
    I'm fairly sure Blizzard will do very little/nothing about the things that make me hate ground travel. Choosing between taking a huge detour or wading through hordes of shit that will daze and dismount. Running back and forth around some huge obstacle when I can't find the only point where it can be traversed, falling down some huge chasm because I tabbed out for few seconds, having the camera focused solely on the ground and whatever is in close proximity instead of looking at the environment. All this adds to the immersion of the world and is good for the game according to Blizzard, so I'm not holding my breath. One thing I genuinely think they might fix up somewhat are the horrendously stupid flight paths, but that is not nearly enough unless there are 80 flight paths in every zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    I'm fairly sure Blizzard will do very little/nothing about the things that make me hate ground travel. Choosing between taking a huge detour or wading through hordes of shit that will daze and dismount. Running back and forth around some huge obstacle when I can't find the only point where it can be traversed, falling down some huge chasm because I tabbed out for few seconds, having the camera focused solely on the ground and whatever is in close proximity instead of looking at the environment. All this adds to the immersion of the world and is good for the game according to Blizzard, so I'm not holding my breath. One thing I genuinely think they might fix up somewhat are the horrendously stupid flight paths, but that is not nearly enough unless there are 80 flight paths in every zone.
    This supports my theory of the world consisting of platforms with towns, quest hubs and areas with quest objetives/mobs. Why build anything between these places, when you could just fly over?

Don't discount the people who will resub or come back spurred on by promising world changes which include no flying. Its not a one way street.
    I'd bet dollars to donuts that the crowd that doesn't want flying is greatly outnumbered by the crowd that wants it. Most of the WoW subs that never visit forums are going to be completely blindsided by this decision to not allow flying and it's going to be a disaster. I'm not trying to pick sides in this debate and I'm willing to give no flying a chance, I'm just stating what I believe is going to happen. And even a lot of the people who don't want flying now are going to be completely sick of it after a couple months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

As long as people expect Draenor to work like Pandaria/Azeroth 80-85/Northrend/Outland without flying mounts, they won't be able to see how this could be implemented without damaging the convenience they like.

Most of the WoW subs that never visit forums are going to be completely blindsided by this decision to not allow flying and it's going to be a disaster.
    Said players will trudge through their LFR, farm their 5 mans / scenarios / heroics, do the new Timeless Isle style events and zones extensively, hang out in their garrisons. None of which they can fly in currently anyway, so nothing will really change so long as said content is compelling, giving them no reason to stop/wonder/complain about anything if kept busy. Which im sure is Blizzards aim.

The notion that said players will all hit max lvl and reveal a true desire to be world explorer, causing mass hysterics and rioting, is a little unrealistic. They'll jump straight into aforementioned content which cant be flown in currently anyway. Blizzard has, in essence, further softened everyone up over the last few patches with the no fly zones. Not being able to fly in current content, for example, is nothing new to anybody playing currently anymore.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2014-03-16 at 01:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Their reigning in failed in MoP.

Prove that it has worked...oh wait you can't. But I can prove that MoP dailies was a bomb as well as Cata heroics.
    That brings up an interesting thought. Once is a fluke, twice is a coincidence, but three times establishes a pattern. If this no-flying thing bombs, we'll have established a pattern that the more Blizzard has to talk up a controversial change and how it'll be great and people will love it, the more likely it's going to faceplant once it hits live servers and the mass audience finds out about it.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Said players will trudge through their LFR, farm their 5 mans / scenarios / heroics, do the new Timeless Isle style events and zones extensively, hang out in their garrisons. None of which they can fly in currently anyway, so nothing will really change so long as said content is compelling, giving them no reason to stop/wonder/complain about anything if kept busy. Which im sure is Blizzards aim.

The notion that said players will all hit max lvl and reveal a true desire to be world explorer, causing mass hysterics and rioting, is a little unrealistic. They'll jump straight into aforementioned content which cant be flown in currently anyway. Blizzard has, in essence, further softened everyone up over the last few patches with the no fly zones. Not being able to fly in current content, for example, is nothing new to anybody playing currently anymore.
    Current content as it is now is one tiny zone not an entire continent. No amount of 'softening-up' is going to change how people enjoy playing the game. And people go out into the world all the time. Whether it be for farming, killing rares, pets, etc.

If we're talking about changing the way people do their traveling and no one ever travels then what's the damn point to begin with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

Well, it seems that nothing will make people understand that many other people love flying mounts and flying and that's not really related to laziness, skipping content and immersion. And by the way, if someone is really skipping content, that's because he fucking hates it. I've spent like 10 hours on TI in total. Was I skipping content? You bet. Why? Because I fucking hate that fucking grind. I liked the dreadful release dailies 1000 times more. Why? Because every day I could go in different places and do different things, even though they were repetitive, instead of being confined to a little area and run from respawn to respawn guided by addons

TI is so populated because it DROPS shit. People are there for CONVENIENCE, not because they think it's so much fun... Who the fuck is insane enough to get to level 90, run heroics until it's possible to queue LFR and start doing Vault and Terrace and ToT until they can get to SoO? They go to TI, they hit the loot pinata for a couple of hours, then jump directly into ToT and with a little luck they are in SoO in like the second day they reached 90... For this amazing convenience, they would gladly forget about flying, they would do it even crawling on their dicks

Obviously Blizzard can't do that shit for the open world in the next expansion, so I wonder what will be the magic incentive that will make people gladly run on their mounts for months or for the whole expansion "into the world"...

I'd be cool with no flying. I've never liked it much anyways Kinda ruined world PvP imp.