10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Oh joy, going afk on flight paths is so much fun and immersive.
    thats what came first to my mind
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Will be great to have a whole expansion of no flying, a whole continent of no fly. Just like Azeroth should have stayed. If you really have to go fly, go to Northrend.

Another step in right direction, Blizzard are 'getting it' and calling their old, real fans back. As well as the new.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethaine321 View Post
    Wouldn't mind to be honest. I play on a PvP realm so it just means there will be more action. :P
    Until everyone leaves the server because they decided it was too much of a bother to join in the action when it gets in the way of daily activities.

On topic, I look for this to go over about as well as the entire expansion of Cataclysm. Once again they listen to the minority and once more doomed to drop subscriptions. I'll be waiting to see what happens though, if they do carry out this oh so "Wonderful" idea of theirs (see: Cataclysm for wonderful ideas) if they do I suspect no one will really want to BUY the collectors that gives you a flying mount~ (I know I wont give them a penny extra for a mount that will be useless.) Won't bother me really, I will just never go to the expansion zone, will just level through dungeons completely and stay in old world zones. Been missing Darnassus anywho.
    Last edited by Keristrasza; 2014-03-09 at 10:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    Will be great to have a whole expansion of no flying, a whole continent of no fly. Just like Azeroth should have stayed. If you really have to go fly, go to Northrend.
    As hollow as a spur as saying " They should remove world PvP. if you like PvP, go to a battleground."

Another step in right direction, Blizzard are 'getting it' and calling their old, real fans back. As well as the new.
    If these fans were driven away by flying, then they haven't played the game for seven years.

They'll be impressed with how warriors can be viable DPS now and how paladins can do things other than just heal. Oh, and Alliance can be shaman and horde can be paladins now!
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Really?

Did anyone actually listen to this?

So much reaction and rage over nothing.

I guess I should expect nothing less on MMO-C.

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post

if you really don't want flying go sit in eversong woods and ghostlands AND dont bother coming out.

They should also remove flight paths. They also make the world smaller... and remove ground mounts. Then the xpack will feel really epic in size. And after a few month playing like that we can all agree that it sucks balls and go back to the old ways.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Really?

Did anyone actually listen to this?

So much reaction and rage over nothing.

I guess I should expect nothing less on MMO-C.
    Regardless of whether there will be no flying throughout the entirety of the expansion, it's still a poor design decision on Blizzard's part to remove it for max level characters and design an entire continent around not being able to fly. Storm Peaks versus Arathi Highlands? I'll take Storm Peaks, frankly.

I'm divided between hoping they change it before the expansion comes out to allow flying, as it should be allowed, versus hoping that people see that not having flying didn't change a damn thing and Blizzard not ever trying such a thing again.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Nothing new said here. About garrisons he said we can't choose our zone to have our garrison though, which is way more worrying.

I doubt they'd do that, but I would totally welcome it.

Deleted
    Very much welcomed

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzros View Post
    People who oppose to this change and love flying mounts are most likely PVE peeps who has not played during vanilla and felt how alive the world was without flying ! no offence intended

Wanna tell me again about how I must be a noob who never played Vanilla since I'm opposed to the removal of flying mounts? (which, by the way, is NOT happening, the OP was full of it)

Quote Originally Posted by Naiomie View Post
    I'm laughing at everyone who's saying they're unsubbing just because you won't be able to fly. Kind of hilarious

I personally love the idea of not being able to fly. The world feels so much bigger and scarier while not being able to fly!

What ever floats your boat, I know flying and exploring while flying looking at the world from a different perspective I find enjoyable.

Personally I'm laughing at everyone who thinks no flying would add anything to the game at all, its just as narrow minded.

Find flight point > go afk or watch TV until you land ... carry on... hardly more immersive is it. The same journey on the 10 time totally loses any interest for most people at least flying you can change the route and see different things.. While on the ground your stuck to the same old roads, that its unless you want to be dismounts every 5 seconds.

And the gryphon flights are even worse, watch it the 1st 3-4 times then totally zone out, go afk or watch TV etc

while I can understand 90 -100 as no flying I'm pushed to see any benifit after that but as blizz seem to be determined to keep making obvious mistakes or rehashing the same mistakes they've made in the past who am I to argue lol

Betting money on it being like Cata again .... people will vote with there subs.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Near the end of the interview they hint at no flying throughout the entire xpac.
    Video: "No flying at launch. We can make it fun without flying."

Thread: "Video hints at no flying at all, ever."

23 pages of people not watching the video and taking the thread title at face value.

You really know your audience, man. In a couple months, people be talking about how, "Blizzard confirmed they're removing flying from the game forever."

Deleted
    Still absolutely mystified how one can read "no flying through xpac" out of this.

Deleted
    Thank god Alt Tab still works for those flight paths. Can't wait for the "immersion" of charging through pack of mobs to the nearest flight path so I can watch You Tube while travelling to my next destination to come back. Azeroth is going to feel so "alive".
    Never understood the big dramas of flying mounts either way. I took the fastest, most efficient route between destinations in vanilla just as I did when they introduced flying. It wasn't flying that stopped me smelling the roses and looking at the pretty vistas and being "immersed" ; it was playing the content for more than a week. But if they do inhibit flying for an entire expac then at least it stops this giving with one hand and then taking away with the other BS that has been going on for a while which just annoys me.
    If a game map has been been designed around with no flying mounted travel in mind then I won't be too disappointed in it's removal, but don't tell it will create more "immersion" for me. I can get all the "immersion" I need from a book (or even some other game). Never seen the big immersion factor of having some random mob pack daze you off your mount or a rogue sapping when you are trying to use the flightmaster, but different strokes for different folks I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolgrim View Post
    Still absolutely mystified how one can read "no flying through xpac" out of this.
    I heard they see this as an experiment with no flying in Draenor, and if most people love it then it sticks. So was my impression of the video.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    Well then, looks like I don't buy the game for the entire expansion.
    And what about the next one? And the next? etc. etc. (you seriously don't think they're gonna add a slowdown such as this just for one major patch in one new expac? They will continue to do it...regardless of how unpopular it is, just like CRZ etc.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzros View Post
    I heard they see this as an experiment with no flying in Draenor, and if most people love it then it sticks. So was my impression of the video.
    Don't jump to conclusions. True: this is some kind of a test, that's all he really said. Some kind of test, and they think it might bring something exciting to the world.. But nowhere does he suggest where they are going with this if it's "successful". Could just mean that more future content will be no flying FOR A LITTLE WHILE.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubricious View Post
    I highly doubt they will completely remove flying from the entire expansion, for a few reasons. First, there would be a huge backlash that would result in a lot of lost subs. And we're talking about more than just a few. A storm of protest hit the forums when they announced that flying wouldn't be instantly available at max level already. Secondly, they continue to design and sell flying mounts through the blizzard store. Not only would restricting people to the ground indefinitely be a slap in the face to those who purchased the mounts they already have, sales would drop to 0 on future purchases and new flying mounts would be far less likely to sell. I don't believe they will take the huge financial losses that would come from those two things. And I think I'd probably stop playing if they indefinitely took flying out, not because I need flying so much, but more because I would consider it a complete middle finger as a player.
    Dipshits that quit because they can't fly on one continent out of 6, we really don't need them anyways. It really hurts your gaming experience to actually know where dungeon and raid entrances are huh? I've yet to read one valid argument for having flying in this expansion. Some people say "well what about the ogre island that we can't get to ermergherd"? I say unto ye, BOATS AND FLYING AIRSHIPS ... Holy shit what a new concept amirite