10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    The dailies were hated so much because they were mandatory due to gating all valor rewards behind reputations.
    Heroics in early Cata were hated because they were difficult to complete with a random group, and there were no alternatives to progress.
    Both of these events support the paradigm that when players can't make progress, they quit.

How does flying fit into this paradigm?
    Both are things that people hate being implemented in the game.

Game design that is not fun is not profitable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Quite frankly I love the fact that people will be more on the ground now.
    Why?

If it PvP, don't forget half of us are on PvE servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    I wonder sometimes if you have any mental capacity at all to engage in a reasonable discussion. Probably not, considering your posting history, but I digress.

You are not worth my time.
    Fanboys defend anything Blizzard does, no matter how stupid. This is the ultimate in limited mental capacity. Think for yourself, question authority or we will be stuck with dumbass ideas like RealID.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I doubt removing flying will cost a lot of subs. I think removing tier gear from LFR will cost more.
    Remove enough fun things in a game and people will unsubscribe. WoD is removing many things people enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Fanboys defend anything Blizzard does, no matter how stupid. This is the ultimate in limited mental capacity. Think for yourself, question authority or we will be stuck with dumbass ideas like RealID.
    So glad I snapped out of it. I've seen the light and will NEVER defend them against ANYTHING again. Not after this clusterfuck of a year.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    That's a ton of hyperbole you have there.

The reality is it's the same few people arguing the same points over and over and over again.
    People love flying. 99%of the player base do not visit forums.

If you want some entertainment go in game and announce flying is not going to be allowed in the next expansion. Lol, heads are going to roll when this stupid idea goes live.

It is sad that real people are going to lose real jobs over this decision. At least they know in advance.

You have 5000 people screaming this is a bad decision and 50 people saying it is a good decision.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt removing flying will cost a lot of subs. I think removing tier gear from LFR will cost more.
    This game has a mostly casual base. When these folks realize that the main form of transportation has been deleted from the game they will quit.

Removing flying is more dramatic than removing ground mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Right now you have multilevel posts explaining how to cancel your pre orders that are filled to the brim with thank you for the help notes. Lol. No flying is a game breaker. How many people including myself have said they will not buy WOD until flying is announced.

It is not a matter if flying will return. It is a matter of when flying will return.

All this arguing is really pointless.

Blizzard method if development includes:

1. Make bad decision
    2. Staunchly defend bad decision
    3. Lose 1 million subscribers over decision
    4 apologize for bad decision and change the game back to how it was.

This has happened over and over and Over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post

If you want some entertainment go in game and announce flying is not going to be allowed in the next expansion. Lol, heads are going to roll when this stupid idea goes live.

It is sad that real people are going to lose real jobs over this decision. At least they know in advance.

You have 5000 people screaming this is a bad decision and 50 people saying it is a good decision.

Again, you have nothing to back this up with past "I believe this is a bad idea, and Blizzard have made bad ideas in the past, therefore it's going to go down like a lead balloon".

I can't go in game as I unsubbed months ago because i'm sick of Blizzard's complete and utter lack of urgency to supply players with new content.

- - - Updated - - -

This game has a mostly casual base. When these folks realize that the main form of transportation has been deleted from the game they will quit.

- - - Updated - - -

Right now you have multilevel posts explaining how to cancel your pre orders that are filled to the brim with thank you for the help notes. Lol. No flying is a game breaker. How many people including myself have said they will not buy WOD until flying is announced.

It is not a matter if flying will return. It is a matter of when flying will return.

1. Make bad decision

In 377 pages.. this is probably the most garbage post I've read. Making up MULTIPLE statistics and numbers, predicting the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    Pvp? Negative way. Should their be wpvp forced on someone, the victim can't opt out and fly away. They will resort to logging out and in the end not play the game.

Dungeons? Negative way. ( see raids)

Raids? Negative way. It will now take that much longer getting everyone to raids.

Ground mounts? N/A

Flying mounts? Negative way. Most look really bad while used as a ground mount.

Quests to level? Negative way. For alts this creates a longer time sink as we are forced into ground mounts to level an alt from 90 to 100.

Quests at max level? Negative way. It now creates a longer time sink to complete those tasks.

Flight paths? Negative way. Now I am forced into using them, and I don't enjoy using them.

World bosses? Rare mobs? Negative way, it takes now linger to get to them, increasing the chance that they will be dead before you get there.

Exploration at max level? Negative way. Now I just won't do it.

Mat farming? Negative way. It will now take much longer to farm the equivalent amount of mats you could farm with a flying mount.

What was your point again?
    if you dont want to wpvp gtfo a pvp server? you picked a pvp server for a reason or at least you should of if not than that really isnt anyone elses issue

i dont know about you we summon most of the people to the raid so will take longer for the two to three who are their normally 30min to an hour early and being one of those people it bothers me not at all

matter of opinion i suppose i feel they look just fine on the ground

quests will be more engaging you may even have to try plus add in the danger of other players around if your on a pvp server i welcome this

the whole point of questing at max level is to have a time sink

if you dont like flight paths you dont have to use them, i would if I wanted to get there in a timely matter however, but that pulls some gold out of the economy which this game sorely needs

so you have to work harder to get these? not seeing an issue here always found it rather dumb that you could just buzz to everything identify what you want and target that area

i might actually do exploration now that were not flying

yes but now those mats are worth more thus the value of your time went up not seeing an issue here at all

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much agree here, removing that incentive of getting tier gear from LFR for those who can't or don't want to raid normally, might just might come back to haunt them..

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

1. Make bad decision

And will continue on into the future, which is a shame Blizz were good once but not so much now.. To the point I have not even pre ordered WoD, up till MoP I pretty much didn't hesitate to do so.. But this time not so sure and with so many changes coming some so far I do not like I don't really know at this point if I will get WoD or not..

What I dont understand is how some people dont have the mental capacity to understand that some people may genuinely like the idea of flying being removed. I think its a fantastic idea even tho im thoroughly pissed about how long i have been stuck in SoO. I am allowed to support parts while not others, some of you dont seem to see that as an option

Quote Originally Posted by Bookofblade View Post
    What I dont understand is how some people dont have the mental capacity to understand that some people may genuinely like the idea of flying being removed. I think its a fantastic idea even tho im thoroughly pissed about how long i have been stuck in SoO. I am allowed to support parts while not others, some of you dont seem to see that as an option
    I've said it many many threads ago. All the dramatic loud mouths are saying "SO MANY PEOPLE ARE GOING TO QUIT". What about all the people that resub because they like the idea of no flying. I'm sure they'll all disregard that fact and go back to saying things like "5000 people hate it and 50 people like it" (LOL)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    I've said it many many threads ago. All the dramatic loud mouths are saying "SO MANY PEOPLE ARE GOING TO QUIT". What about all the people that resub because they like the idea of no flying. I'm sure they'll all disregard that fact and go back to saying things like "5000 people hate it and 50 people like it" (LOL)
    Many have stated the likelihood of people quitting over no-flying is NIL; however, there will be TONS of people resubbing because of no flying. If you admit people will RESUB, you should at least admit people will also UNSUB. That argument cannot go one way, unless you are a hypocrite of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Many have stated the likelihood of people quitting over no-flying is NIL; however, there will be TONS of people resubbing because of no flying. If you admit people will RESUB, you should at least admit people will also UNSUB. That argument cannot go one way, unless you are a hypocrite of course.
    I'm not dumb enough to say people won't unsub. I'm just tired of the dramatic extremist screaming the sky is falling. Saying whatever they want and convincing their selves that they're right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not dumb enough to say people won't unsub. I'm just tired of the dramatic extremist screaming the sky is falling. Saying whatever they want and convincing their selves that they're right.
    Who cares if they convince themselves? Why does that matter? The only thing that matters is, they don't convince you, and you stood your ground on it. But there are so many double sided objects in the war against flying. The same arguments used to keep them are told to be invalid by the EXACT SAME argument used to remove them. People will have differences of opinions. If it frightens people SO much that one person's voice in a fan forum would change the path of the game, they need to get out more. It is just a game, and this is just a discussion. The REAL fighters will vote with their wallets, like myself, and then encourage others to be absolutely SURE they know what they are getting. WoD is like the Ford Pinto, and some of us want to make sure the buyers are aware of the potential issues.

Who cares if they convince themselves? Why does that matter? The only thing that matters is, they don't convince you, and you stood your ground on it. But there are so many double sided objects in the war against flying. The same arguments used to keep them are told to be invalid by the EXACT SAME argument used to remove them. People will have differences of opinions. If it frightens people SO much that one person's voice in a fan forum would change the path of the game, they need to get out more. It is just a game, and this is just a discussion. The REAL fighters will vote with their wallets, like myself, and then encourage others to be absolutely SURE they know what they are getting. WoD is like the Ford Pinto, and some of us want to make sure the buyers are aware of the potential issues.
    Well just like you stated, this entire thing is double sided. And while you're a "REAL fighter" and voting with your wallet, there will be people attracted to Blizzard catering less to the carebears and will indeed vote with their wallet. Maybe enough to counter balance the "REAL fighters". Maybe not. Only time will tell. Predicting otherwise is pointless.

Don't care much. I've gotten used to being on the ground in GW2, but at least that game lets you teleport pretty much everywhere, for a price.

If they allow flying later down the line, cool, if not, cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Predicting otherwise is pointless.
    Agreed. None of us work for Blizz, we have no access to their hard numbers, and likely never will. The proof will be in the pudding. We'll see a spike on launch day, and then have to wait and see what that 2 week drop off looks like. In MoP, it was a few hundred thousand. If it spikes MORE, then we know the launch was a bomb. If it trends the same, or even upwards, it was a success as compared to previous. Either way, in the end, if people want something bad enough, they will either get what they ask for, or find it elsewhere. More than anything, some of us just wants a game that doesn't REMOVE things for the sake of "testing". So, come November, we'll know more.

Agreed. None of us work for Blizz, we have no access to their hard numbers, and likely never will. The proof will be in the pudding. We'll see a spike on launch day, and then have to wait and see what that 2 week drop off looks like. In MoP, it was a few hundred thousand. If it spikes MORE, then we know the launch was a bomb. If it trends the same, or even upwards, it was a success as compared to previous. Either way, in the end, if people want something bad enough, they will either get what they ask for, or find it elsewhere. More than anything, some of us just wants a game that doesn't REMOVE things for the sake of "testing". So, come November, we'll know more.
    Problem is there will be a drop, as is natural - no matter how big or small the drop is we will see the usual names, I wouldn't be surprised to see you too, claiming it's because of no flying and not something else like the harder HC's or new timeless isle style content or whatever else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

People are generally idiots.

I could be in charge of the WoW development team at this point. I could retexture the last expansion and serve it on a plate to the sheep that play this game, and they would STILL buy it. Why? People are sheep. They are so stuck on wow at this point that you could serve them a plate of shit, and they would buy into it.

This game will slowly bleed subs to death, but it will never hard crash over 1 bad decision. You should know that by now.

And the removal of flying IS a bad decision. But it most certainly won't kill WoW. And that's the frusturating part about all this. ANYBODY in this thread could be in charge of development at WoW, and still be successful at it.

I could be in charge of the WoW development team at this point. I could retexture the last expansion and serve it on a plate to the sheep that play this game, and they would STILL buy it. Why? People are sheep. They are so stuck on wow at this point that you could serve them a plate of shit, and they would buy into it.

This game will slowly bleed subs to death, but it will never hard crash over 1 bad decision. You should know that by now.

And the removal of flying IS a bad decision. But it most certainly won't kill WoW. And that's the frusturating part about all this. ANYBODY in this thread could be in charge of development at WoW, and still be successful at it.
    Or maybe it's because WoW has enough quality to fall back on that it doesn't have to rely on one thing as trivial as flying to keep its player base and survive.. I'm very critical of Blizzard and about the farthest thing from a sheep. But I'm smart enough to acknowledge this fact, and smart enough to point out that you grasping at straws pretty hard.

In one post you claim how WoW is going to die because of no flying. In the next you say it won't die because sheep still play it. Can you be at least a little consistent?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Problem is there will be a drop, as is natural - no matter how big or small the drop is we will see the usual names, I wouldn't be surprised to see you too, claiming it's because of no flying and not something else like the harder HC's or new timeless isle style content or whatever else.
    There are so many lack luster elements about WoD, there will likely be 20 different reasons culminating in the drop off. Since I do not work for Blizz, I will not presume the majority of those were flying related. People might hate there are no new classes. People might hate there are no new playable races. People might hate the fact that their new race model did not make it by box ship. People might hate the fact that Garrisons are mandatory, static, and uncustomizable. People might hate there are fewer spells to work with, or that their favorite spell is gone, or worse, nerfed.

In the end, there will be losses. But at this rate, I don't see WoD STARTING with 10M like MoP. I predict it will be more like high 8M, low 9M. Had they controlled their PR a bit more, and made themselves more transparent from the get go with ONE person communicating things, it would likely not be the clusterfuck it is now.

Again people keep trying to masquerade their own opinion as either fact, or the opinion of the average player.

I think no flying will be good long term for the game