Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Falls in line with my thoughts that people who have a strong opinion on flying/vs no flying (regardless of which side of the fence they are) are the minority. The vast majority of people simply dont give a shit - as long as the content is engaging and good.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok sure, heres my idea:

- Flying is allowed, but reduced to 40% speed and while flying all LFG/LFR queues are suspended, all profession nodes (herb/mine etc) rare spawns and quest items/mobs are invisible, and you may not communicate with anyone via text ingame.

This way flyers still have their oh-so-wanted convenience to get from A to B, but they'd be stupid and foolish to take advantage of it, which is a fair tradeoff for keeping the feature ingame. If flyers want the luxory of being able to remove themselves from the gameworld on a whim, lets make sure they are fully removed from the game socially and economically as well for the duration so they can fully focus on enjoying a feature they love oh-so-much.
    Man you sound bitter.

Curious how disappointed you are going to be when you discover that due to the pita of getting around the game world, players have removed themselves into garrisons and cities?

here's my suggestion;

leave flying as is. The end.

- - - Updated - - -

BAHAHA Blizzard still can't get it right.

http://postimg.org/image/3ommckanf/full/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13138914127

Gotta love quotes like this;

90 Pandaren Monk
    Common Affliction
    Is "more efficient" just limited to shortest number of steps? Because flight paths around Frostfire still take quite a while as routes tend to meander around a bit. Any plans to increase flight speed? Frostfire is huge which is great, but it takes quite a while to get anywhere which is less great.

Especially if you're trying to constantly get back to your Garrison, I spent a good chunk of my time traveling somewhere.
    Agreed, FP on Alpha are painfully slow and wander more than they should. I'm not a sightseeing tour, I'm trying to get somewhere to murder something. IMO an extra 200% speed boost on taxi services doesn't seem out of the question. It should take less than a minute to go from the Citadel to the Garrison and yet I have time to watch an entire season of GoT while simultaneously arguing with the stewardess over whether I should get to keep the can of soda and punching that obnoxious guy behind me that can't seem to figure out that my chair back is not his trampoline.
    Doesn't this make you all excited? Like half your lunch will involve watching your character on a flying mount while you wait anxiously for the ability to play the game!
    Last edited by Drytoast; 2014-06-22 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    It's alpha. It's not like it's final. Even the name is a PH name.

Gotta love the Blue quote directly below the post you quoted, which apparently you didnt read.

Thanks for the report! We do indeed plan to make WoD flight paths more efficient than in Mists, and pointing out cases like this is very helpful.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    It's alpha. It's not like it's final. Even the name is a PH name.
    Better let them know it sucks now than before it's too late, right?
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

15+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love the Blue quote directly below the post you quoted, which apparently you didnt read.
    That kind of useful information has no place in a thread focused on misquoting, blanket statements, hyperbole and Ad Hominem.
    If you're looking for constructive threads, please use the Search function.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2014-06-22 at 07:30 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Real World View Post
    I would agree with this statement, but I think we all are familiar with the term World of Queuecraft where you can sit in Org/SW, queue for a dungeon on a completely different planet, and then be magically teleported there when your queue pops. If they really wanted us out in the world as you suggest, I imagine they would start by asking folks to meet at the Instance Entrance, and then enter when their random group is assembled. However, as long as the convenience surrounding BGs, Arenas, LFD, and LFR still exist, I personally feel that flying is never completely off the table. Most of the QoL changes we have today were because of players asking for it. Preventing flight in the new content for an entire expansion will likely lead to multiple requests to add said feature back into the game.

While other MMOs may offer variations of flight, most people still have an 8 year old vestment in their current characters, and an entire stadium sized closet filled with great memories. Telling people to go play something else is like telling them you are having their dog put to sleep, but there are other dogs. Maybe you can give them a few minutes to process this grief before ushering them out the door.
    its their own problem if they have gotten unhealthily attached to a video game. The options are there for them.
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    The person who you quoted is talking about flying mounts, not flight paths. So your math is irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Not me. I know Draenor isn't being made like that. If at one point, they are still leaving up to chance of reintroducing flying at 6.1, then the capabilities of it must be in place. Furthermore, if they reintroduce flying into Draenor when they make the next expansion, it will mean more unnecessary work to go back and fix Draenor. I understand if you think that publishers/etc have agendas, but I don't think game designers do, other than making their game awesome. But it's up to you. Removing flying won't speed up OR slow down gates like the shitty valor gate for the legendary quest for example, so I still think you're overthinking this "saving costs" argument. THey have other means in place.
    Your reading comprehension is off. Go back and re-read what we are discussing the last few pages.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Real World View Post
    I would agree with this statement, but I think we all are familiar with the term World of Queuecraft where you can sit in Org/SW, queue for a dungeon on a completely different planet, and then be magically teleported there when your queue pops. If they really wanted us out in the world as you suggest, I imagine they would start by asking folks to meet at the Instance Entrance, and then enter when their random group is assembled. However, as long as the convenience surrounding BGs, Arenas, LFD, and LFR still exist, I personally feel that flying is never completely off the table. Most of the QoL changes we have today were because of players asking for it. Preventing flight in the new content for an entire expansion will likely lead to multiple requests to add said feature back into the game.

While other MMOs may offer variations of flight, most people still have an 8 year old vestment in their current characters, and an entire stadium sized closet filled with great memories. Telling people to go play something else is like telling them you are having their dog put to sleep, but there are other dogs. Maybe you can give them a few minutes to process this grief before ushering them out the door.
    Although I do think instant teleport should be replaced by something more immersive, that doesn't affect your behavior - and indirectly those around you - nearly as much as Flying mounts.

Queue or no queue, you quest the same way.
    However, flying mounts change HOW you quest.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Man you sound bitter.

Curious how disappointed you are going to be when you discover that due to the pita of getting around the game world, players have removed themselves into garrisons and cities?

here's my suggestion;

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't this make you all excited? Like half your lunch will involve watching your character on a flying mount while you wait anxiously for the ability to play the game!
    I fear for the future of humanity if there is a segment of the young generation that can't think for themselves. It is one thing to have an opinion and a preference (against flying) but it is entire other thing to ignore information coming from the alpha.

As you all have noticed the anti flying crowd is still vainly trying to keep the discussion about opinions but that boat sailed long ago given the length of this thread. So, now we have alpha the direction the thread is naturally progression towards is discussing reality.

Discussing of feelings and opinions are not griping or really moving if you don't back it up with some facts or information that isn't disputed (eg time to travel using a flight path from point A to point B).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    I fear for the future of humanity if there is a segment of the young generation that can't think for themselves. It is one thing to have an opinion and a preference (against flying) but it is entire other thing to ignore information coming from the alpha.

As you all have noticed the anti flying crowd is still vainly trying to keep the discussion about opinions but that boat sailed long ago given the length of this thread. So, now we have alpha the direction the thread is naturally progression towards is discussing reality.

Discussing of feelings and opinions are not griping or really moving if you don't back it up with some facts or information that isn't disputed (eg time to travel using a flight path from point A to point B).
    Then your side deliberately ignores the blue post right after that which thanked the player for the report and addressed that it is their goal to alleviate that problem. Asking for more reports of these issues in order to resolve them. Your side is just as bad as the folks who want all flying removed entirely. Unable to compromise as usual.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Man you sound bitter.

here's my suggestion;

- - - Updated - - -

While on the boring flight taxi, you are handcuffed to AFK.
    While on a personal flying mount you can swoop down and interact with the world if something interested comes up.

Which do you want, Forced AFK or complete freedom to interact and immerse yourself in the world?

Note: No one expects flying while leveling.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you realize that Blizzard has been promising this for years? Don't hold your breath on that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Then your side deliberately ignores the blue post right after that which thanked the player for the report and addressed that it is their goal to alleviate that problem. Asking for more reports of these issues in order to resolve them. Your side is just as bad as the folks who want all flying removed entirely. Unable to compromise as usual.
    What compromise are you looking for?
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-06-22 at 08:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post

What compromise are you looking for?
    Things I've suggested multiple times. Make flying either slower than ground mounts and it remains as safe as it currently is OR making flight the more dangerous option and maintaining speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    This is just not worth my time an energy anymore. I'm sick and tired of Blizzard fanboys telling me what's good for the game, and how I should play it. So, time to spend my time playing something far more interesting without so many fanboys. Peace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Things I've suggested multiple times. Make flying either slower than ground mounts and it remains as safe as it currently is OR making flight the more dangerous option and maintaining speed.
    More dangerous would be a blast, wish they would do that.

My compromise ideas if flight is gone for good would be that the flight taxi uses your default flying mount. Also, that you could dismount from flight taxi anywhere we want with a parachute pack (with a chance at malfunction of course).
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-06-22 at 08:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    More dangerous would be a blast, wish they would do that.
    It's really the only logical choice at this point. Leaving flying alone as it stands the way they design content is just not feasible. They'd need to make flight super dangerous to give it some sort of drawback and ensure it's not the alpha and the omega when it comes to travel in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    If I remember right, GC mentioned something about sky being filled with Kaliri's and how it wouldn't work.
    They did make flight dangerous is some areas, worked fine for me.

- - - Updated - - -

It's really the only logical choice at this point. Leaving flying alone as it stands the way they design content is just not feasible. They'd need to make flight super dangerous to give it some sort of drawback and ensure it's not the alpha and the omega when it comes to travel in this game.
    What do you think about my compromised ideas I listed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    If I remember right, GC mentioned something about sky being filled with Kaliri's and how it wouldn't work.
    Lower the flight ceiling and give players and mobs a flight chain that they can pull you off your mount with.

What makes a great game and keeps people playing is the content, community/friends, story/lore. Flying is nothing more but a single game feature with entitled people and convenience lovers up in arms.

10+ Year Old Account

What do you think about my compromised ideas I listed?
    Didn't see them. Care to repost it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    What makes a great game and keeps people playing is the content, community/friends, story/lore. Flying is nothing more but a single game feature with entitled people and convenience lovers up in arms.
    You can say "What makes a great game and keeps people playing is the content, community/friends, story/lore." for yourself, but not others. Not everyone plays the game for the same reasons.

Make the content interesting at max level and I would spend more time on the ground. This includes flight taxi.
    - - - Updated - - -

Didn't see them. Care to repost it?
    My compromise ideas if flight is gone for good, flight taxi uses your default flying mount. Also, that you could dismount from flight taxi anywhere we want with a parachute pack (with a chance at malfunction of course).
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-06-22 at 08:47 PM.