10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post

My compromise ideas if flight is gone for good, flight taxi uses your default flying mount. Also, that you could dismount from flight taxi anywhere we want with a parachute pack (with a chance at malfunction of course).
    I like that. Like a launchpad idea. Solid, I'd champion that.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    What makes a great game and keeps people playing is the content, community/friends, story/lore. Flying is nothing more but a single game feature with entitled people and convenience lovers up in arms.
    It's so amazing that you get to judge people as to when things are acceptable conveniences and which are not.

You remind yourself of this, everytime you...

- use an addon that automates mundane tasks
    - toggle auto run on
    - use your mount
    - google the answer for anything instead of discovering it yourself(boss fights, quests...item lists, ask mr robot...)

check. mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    It's alpha. It's not like it's final. Even the name is a PH name.
    remember you said this when it's released and not much has changed...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I like that. Like a launchpad idea. Solid, I'd champion that.
    They had dismounts from flight dailies in Dread Wastes. Can't be that hard to put in.

While on the boring flight taxi, you are handcuffed to AFK.
    While on a personal flying mount you can swoop down and interact with the world if something interested comes up.

Which do you want, Forced AFK or complete freedom to interact and immerse yourself in the world?

Note: No one expects flying while leveling.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you realize that Blizzard has been promising this for years? Don't hold your breath on that one.

- - - Updated - - -

What compromise are you looking for?
    It's funny, I swear it's their first go around with blizzard and promises...

"we are going to address the bot issue"
    - Blizzard 2005

We're going to be making sure flight paths and other forms of travel are quick and efficient, with a goal of getting you to the places you want to go.
    - Blizzard 2014

2 months later and we are reading this on the alpha boards;

Is "more efficient" just limited to shortest number of steps? Because flight paths around Frostfire still take quite a while as routes tend to meander around a bit. Any plans to increase flight speed? Frostfire is huge which is great, but it takes quite a while to get anywhere which is less great.

Sounds par for the course...

Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    It's so amazing that you get to judge people as to when things are acceptable conveniences and which are not.

You remind yourself of this, everytime you...

- use an addon that automates mundane tasks
    - toggle auto run on
    - use your mount
    - google the answer for anything instead of discovering it yourself(boss fights, quests...item lists, ask mr robot...)

check. mate.

- - - Updated - - -

remember you said this when it's released and not much has changed...

Except not one of those examples trivialises and invalidates the game world, and game design, anywhere near as much as flying does. So no, i don't think you even have him in check, let alone mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Except not one of those examples trivialises and invalidates the game world, and game design, anywhere near as much as flying does. So no, i don't think you even have him in check, let alone mate.
    hah.

No instead they do worse. They trivialise and invalidate boss fights. Or do you not remember vanilla where we didn't have addons for the most part, there was no youtube, thotbott wasn't even a thing until 2005 ish. there was no mr robot to tell you how to spec, how to gem, which build to use...

deadly boss mod tells you whats coming, when its coming where to stand how far away to stand from others...when to interupt...when to stand still, when to pick your nose.

we had no spell alerts, healers didn't have grid...we had no automated anything basically. You could key bind and smart people could macro their own abilities. Tanks, GOOD tanks had to learn roughly what their aggro was without any meters. You had to *gasp* manually do allot of things, and figure out how to do shit yourself, and not let an addon do it for you.

Not only is that guy done, but you are done for even suggesting that addons do not trivialize content. Or that it's even COMPARABLE that you have something like deadly boss mods versus the ability to bypass GREY mobs in the outter world.

lol sooo silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    It's still Alpha, most of the zones aren't even ready yet, so they haven't made finished route connections yet.
    mmm hmmmm...
    Last edited by Drytoast; 2014-06-22 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    And I'd welcome them, tbh. Still, doesn't mean you can't have flying. It's up to Blizzard to actually create content that utilises everything they have in their game. Flying has been in for 7 years. You can't fault the players for the incompetence of the devs.
    Blizzard doesn't want playera to fly while questing at max level, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You mean they no longer do, after 7 years of letting us do it? 'Cos it obviously took 7 years to realise this "mistake" right?
    People keep saying "oh seven years this" and "four xpacs that" without realizing that if this argument were applied to every game feature nothing could ever change once it's implemented. People change, managers change, design philosophies change, games change.

You can say "What makes a great game and keeps people playing is the content, community/friends, story/lore." for yourself, but not others. Not everyone plays the game for the same reasons.
    Ohhhhh, but i can. That's why 99.9999999% play and continue too. My first comment and your already resorting to your ''Not everyone plays for the same reason card'' which you do quite often may i add.

People don't pay $15 a month and continue to stay, too zip around on flying mounts.

You have zero idea how interesting the content will be in WoD, doesn't stop you from condemning it in advance does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    Blizzard doesn't want playera to fly while questing at max level, simple as that.
    Drytoast doesn't want them to remove it, simple as that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Ohhhhh, but i can. That's why 99.9999999% play and continue too. My first comment and your already resorting to your ''Not everyone plays for the same reason card'' which you do quite often may i add.

People don't pay $15 a month and continue to say too zip around on flying mounts.

You have zero idea how interesting the content will be in WoD, doesn't stop you from condemning it in advance does it.
    psssst....theirs videos and an entire forum where people talk about their gamin experience....

just thought I'd give ya the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    Drytoast doesn't want them to remove it, simple as that.
    I am well aware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Although I do think instant teleport should be replaced by something more immersive, that doesn't affect your behavior - and indirectly those around you - nearly as much as Flying mounts.

Queue or no queue, you quest the same way.
    However, flying mounts change HOW you quest.
    Flying mounts only affect how you quest after you've hit level cap though. How you are choosing to wrap up quests/dailies/etc in the zone are all done at level cap. For myself, I will usually grind out just what is necessary to get me into the next zone, and push me as quickly as possible to level cap. My brother, on the other hand, hates questing so much, but loves to raid, he leveled from 85-90 in 27 hours of playtime and only in Dungeons. Afterwards, he went straight into heroics, then LFR, and then 10M content. He still does not have the Vale unlocked almost 2 years later simply because he removed himself from the world, and played his World of Queuecraft from Orgrimmar.

Ultimately, instance queues need to be adjusted, allowing you to queue for whatever the instance is, and then you ride/fly/get summoned to the entrance and play with your random group. Flying has not ruined the game. As for me, removing flying would not ruin my personal gameplay, but I can see how it would affect others who have used flight as a tool of convenience for 8 years. I am not in favor of arbitrarily tossing out a feature which is not the root cause of the initial issue. I am, however, in favor of balancing what many believe to be an extremely over powered and effective means of travel.

Is this thread even about flying anymore or has it boiled down to people that are losing flying and upset about it trying to get under the skin of other people that don't care much about that by talking about removing other things in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Is this thread even about flying anymore or has it boiled down to people that are losing flying and upset about it trying to get under the skin of other people that don't care much about that by talking about removing other things in the game?
    Its that pretty much.

In response to the MVP Post: Of course its going to be boring walking between questing hubs when you don't stop to do the new puzzles, side quests, or "Rare" Spawns, which aren't really rare anymore, just parts of an event. Really, he already pretty much proved by his post the reason you guys are complaining, he is in the mindset that all you do is quest, when you simply don't there is a lot of other shit to do now besides quests, but because all he/she did was quest, it was pretty boring, what the fuck was expected?

They are running out of ways to gate the players. In mop they tried gating players with time release dailies. After 2 million cancellations they decided to change that system. Now they are trying to gate players by effectively destroying the transportation system we have used for the past 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Sure whatever, and the other side has remained totally constructive and respectful.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Sure whatever, and the other side has remained totally constructive and respectful.
    Oh the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    They are running out of ways to gate the players. In mop they tried gating players with time release dailies. After 2 million cancellations they decided to change that system. Now they are trying to gate players by effectively destroying the transportation system we have used for the past 7 years.
    Your reasoning doesn't make sense. They tried one thing to gate players which failed, so they shouldn't try another thing? It isn't even an effective gate we're talking about here, it's just no flying.

They tried one thing to gate players which failed, so they shouldn't try another thing?
    Ofc they shouldn't, I'd prefer they'd focus on the actual content to make it more engaging. But if you want to pat them on the back for taking the lazy way out with forced gating to try to hide it's still essentially the same old quest flow then I don't know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Just wish that they would turn around with the plans for dailies in WoD... I like doing them.
    well they've said multiple times that dailies are turning into a questing style experience and less of a hub style...but who knows at this point?