Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    And what was that happened between me and Horde's on Isle of Thunder then, when we were smiting each other?
    Isle of Thunder? You mean that area where flying was disabled by Blizz and PvP was encouraged through a series of daily quests?
    (I enjoyed those pvp quests on my PvE server, but it was rare that actual skirmishes broke out as a result of the dailies. Most people on my PvE server did the PvE dailies.)

That might of had something to do with the smiting.

I still flew to get to the guy that teleported me there though.
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2014-07-20 at 03:01 PM.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    If you're going to use this argument, you need to realize that PvE content is by far more of an instanced game type than PvP. The open world at least offers PvP game play. So since PvE is exclusively instanced, why the need for flying mounts?
    "The open world at least offers PvP game play" Not for PvE servers. Which 60%~ of the players in the US are playing on. That's a huge number of people playing on servers that has no WPvP whatsoever. Does that mean that those entire servers are "PvE instanced", no.

That and there are PvP servers that are 95%+ dominated by a single faction, so much for WPvP on those servers.

The open world might have a random battle ever once in a blue moon, but that's nowhere near as rare as people who like to fly.

WPvP is dead, and flight didn't kill it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    Isle of Thunder? You mean that area where flying was disabled by Blizz and PvP was encouraged through a series of daily quests?
    Yeah, flying was disabled ~ if it would have been enabled, the chances for it's happening would have been greatly reduced.

And none of the "PvP" dailies even required PvP action, just going close to enemy base.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    "The open world at least offers PvP game play" Not for PvE servers. Which 60%~ of the players in the US are playing on. That's a huge number of people playing on servers that has no WPvP whatsoever. Does that mean that those entire servers are "PvE instanced", no.

That and there are PvP servers that are 95%+ dominated by a single faction, so much for WPvP on those servers.

The open world might have a random battle ever once in a blue moon, but that's nowhere near as rare as people who like to fly.

WPvP is dead, and flight didn't kill it.
    tell that to the guy that just got away from me because he's cc immune while on his flying mount

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    tell that to the guy that just got away from me because he's cc immune while on his flying mount
    LOL. You are missing the big picture. (not surprised)... that guy on the mount that flew away? Why did he fly away? If he wanted to wpvp (read: play with you), he would have landed and played.

He elected that wpvp did not interest him, and flew away. You blame the mount, and not the players choice to avoid it. Funny how that it is?

Again, I will say this one more time in bold and underlined;

IF YOU WANT WPVP, ASK BLIZZARD TO ATTACH INCENTIVES TO IT, SO PEOPLE SUCH AS MYSELF DO NOT VIEW YOU AS A WASTE OF TIME.

Trust me when I say that if they put in serious incentives to do it, I'd happily go at it with you for as long as you like. But as of right now...as a hard core raider, I've got too much stupid time sink shit on my plate to bother with it, or you. As such, if I'm on my mats farming alt, and you wanna flex an epeen, I don't care if you smash me, (havn't cared since arena's came out, and I have an actual venue to smash someone when it's fair and no excuses can be made).

If you are trying to waste my time...I'll simply log off, and now I'm doing something else while you are giggling to yourself, staring at my dead body hoping for a respawn...

Last edited by Drytoast; 2014-07-20 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    So since PvE is exclusively instanced
    I don't know what game you've been playing, but it sure isn't WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    LOL. You are missing the big picture. (not surprised)... that guy on the mount that flew away? Why did he fly away? If he wanted to wpvp (read: play with you), he would have landed and played.

He elected that wpvp did not interest him, and flew away. You blame the mount, and not the players choice to avoid it. Funny how that it is?
    you shouldn't be able to avoid it. or well at least not as easily as you can thanks to flying mounts

Yeah, flying was disabled ~ if it would have been enabled, the chances for it's happening would have been greatly reduced.

And none of the "PvP" dailies even required PvP action, just going close to enemy base.
    Exactly, Blizz can choose the areas it doesn't want people to fly in, and give incentives for PvP, and people still won't do it.

On my PvE server, doing the PvP dailies required flagging myself to attack the guys I needed to to complete my quests, while being close to the enemy base. I was exposing myself to attack at any time, and in fact increasing the likelihood of being attacked by completing objectives within the perimeter of their compound. But I rarely was, in fact it became a better use of my time to flag up and do the pvp dailies because they involved less running around and less resistance. Funny how that worked out, on my PvE server.

i can also do that on my rogue.... STEALTH KILLED WPVP OMG!!!!!

bgs killed wpvp, not flying...
    timeless isle , i just tried to gank a horde, right next to their base....he runned away , bases killed wpvp?
    and 3 hordes were at my side killing turtles and not even ONE tried to help the horde i was attacking.... they actually just continued killing turtles and when i started to kill the same turtlkes to pissed them off, they actually avoided me and went other place to keep on questing....
    this is what happens all the time in that timeless isle... horde and alliance questing side by side avoiding each other.... the only pvp comes from coin farmers..
    and there is no flying inside timeless isle...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowstep View Post
    i can also do that on my rogue.... STEALTH KILLED WPVP OMG!!!!!

bgs killed wpvp, not flying...
    timeless isle , i just tried to gank a horde, right next to their base....he runned away , bases killed wpvp?
    and 3 hordes were at my side killing turtles and not even ONE tried to help the horde i was attacking.... they actually just continued killing turtles and when i started to kill the same turtlkes to pissed them off, they actually avoided me and went other place to keep on questing....
    this is what happens all the time in that timeless isle... horde and alliance questing side by side avoiding each other.... the only pvp comes from coin farmers..
    and there is no flying inside timeless isle...
    problem is it's almost impossible to kill someone on a flying mount even if they're in front of you hovering above the ground. why do they have to make people immune to any kind of cc except slows?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    He elected that wpvp did not interest him, and flew away. You blame the mount, and not the players choice to avoid it.
    "Abbreviated PvP, the player versus player realm differs from the normal realm. PvP realms have an increased amount of player versus player combat, in the form of World PvP; entering any contested or enemy territory automatically flags the character being used for PvP combat, and the character cannot be unflagged while in these zones. The player will remain flagged for five minutes after having left a contested or enemy territory. PvP realms are generally recommended for those who enjoy knowing that they could be attacked at any time."

(S)he should have made his/her choice more carefully before picking up realm type.

And? I can get away from all PvP if I wanted too without the aid of flight... I don't see your point.

Hell, I can be like most people and sit in town all day queuing for things and not be in any danger at all. Are you going to blame the queue system next after you find out that flight didn't harm WPvP in the slightest?

I have gotten into more open world PvP battles, thanks to my flying mount, than I ever would have with any other method.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    And? I can get away from all PvP if I wanted too without the aid of flight... I don't see your point.

Hell, I can be like most people and sit in town all day queuing for things and not be in any danger at all. Are you going to blame the queue system next after you find out that flight didn't harm WPvP in the slightest?

I have gotten into more open world PvP battles, thanks to my flying mount, than I ever would have with any other method.
    My point is, it's too easy to get away. And why do they have make people immune to cc? I want the chance to kill somebody in front of me. Flying mounts deny me that chance whenever my dismount shell is on cd.

"Abbreviated PvP, the player versus player realm differs from the normal realm. PvP realms have an increased amount of player versus player combat, in the form of World PvP; entering any contested or enemy territory automatically flags the character being used for PvP combat, and the character cannot be unflagged while in these zones. The player will remain flagged for five minutes after having left a contested or enemy territory. PvP realms are generally recommended for those who enjoy knowing that they could be attacked at any time."

(S)he should have made his/her choice more carefully before picking up realm type.
    yeah, that's what it says on the back of the box. However, in REALITY...pvp servers are not filled with people interested in pvp. Most players gravitated to them, to either play on a faction dominated server, while enjoying the benefits of a strong pve raiding community. (which most of the popular pvp realms seem to have).

Sooo uhm...wanna read me a commercial again, while avoiding the actual truth of the situation?

You can scream until your heart is content that "it's a pvp realm theirs gonna be world pvp!" but my realm has a total of 12. (yes 12) level 90 horde right now. I don't, nor will I ever fear having to deal with wpvp....

And since I can show you half a dozen websites which show that the majority of heavily populated pvp realms are faction skewed...I'm pretty confident I'm not alone with my opinion.
    Last edited by Drytoast; 2014-07-20 at 03:18 PM.

problem is it's almost impossible to kill someone on a flying mount even if they're in front of you hovering above the ground. why do they have to make people immune to any kind of cc except slows?
    On my PvE server, if someone was flagged and hovering above our shrine, I would drop my lock port, fly above them, dismount, dot x3, port, repeat and decay them. Was really fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    On my PvE server, if someone was flagged and hovering above our shrine, I would drop my lock port, fly above them, dismount, dot x3, port, repeat and decay them. Was really fun.
    yeah I do that too on my warlock sometimes they just die from the dots makes me really happy each time

only works on afkers or low geared people tho and only if you're a warlock or got some kind of slowfall.

There are a lot of people who play on PvP realms because of friends or guilds, not because of PvP. If I had to play on a different realm than my friends, I never would've bought WoW. I don't play on a PvP realm though.

It's impossible to kill people who are in areas that you can't even target to kill. Let's blame those damn cities instead! It's impossible to kill people who are in areas that are not contested... It's impossible to kill players that are stealthed and running at mount speed... It's impossible to kill people that are logged off... It's impossible to kill people is so many situations out of your control. If someone doesn't want to PvP with you, they can probably find a way to get out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    There are a lot of people who play on PvP realms because of friends or guilds, not because of PvP. If I had to play on a different realm than my friends, I never would've bought WoW. I don't play on a PvP realm though.
    Well, plenty of things are cross-realm'd nowadays to support it.

As far as I know, you can even raid current tier with players from different realms.

My point is, it's too easy to get away. And why do they have make people immune to cc? I want the chance to kill somebody in front of me. Flying mounts deny me that chance whenever my dismount shell is on cd.
    Stop missing the fucking point.

The point isn't "people shouldn't be able to run away from it..." (which btw...they removed like half the cc's in this game, so good luck dismounting someone on a ground mount now)

The problem is they don't WANT to partake in it. And no...you can't "force" them into it.

If you want to see world pvp...I've already told you the solution...you are just being stubborn and not accepting it.