Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It sucks, but I must admit I've gotten used to it in the last 10 years.

To the point where, if they opened Australian realms and for whatever reason we had to ditch our current characters, I wouldn't do it. I would certainly roll a character on the Aussie server, but I would not be willing to drop my main.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

I hover around 210 most of the time, you have have horrendous internet.

If you're relying on 'net cafes (if you plan to raid, don't. Just don't) or wireless internet....that's prolly more ur fault than anything.

The game is fully playable with the ping I get.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by SindariN View Post
    wasnt TPG or IPGN offering to host the servers in Australia at one point for cheap but blizzard refused? or am i mistaken.
    Internode offered but Blizzard refused and rightfully so, at the time Internode wasn't exactly the most reliable company.

I play with 250-300ms from Perth which spikes up to about 350-450 during raids. I can tolerate playing but it does effect my performance quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by 08nolanni View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys, I figured I might be stuck in a trench. (I don't really want to move haha...)

I might consider tunnels or another service if it can cover all my blizzard games.
    Tunneling services like Lowerping haven't worked in ages. I know hundreds of people who have tried using them and they all say their latency stays the same and they disconnect more often due to the unstable tunnel servers. Also before someone mentions it, Leatrix fix does absolutely nothing because it's been built into Windows by default for a few years now.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-03-10 at 01:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play with ~170ms on Internode 100MBit NBN and it's pretty damn smooth, though melee PVP in particular still sucks sometimes.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    Australian ping has improved considerably over the years. Back in WotLK it was common to get ~300 ping consistently, but since Cata it went to around ~190 ping for most of us Australians.

Not a fault of Blizzard, if you want lower ping then move sorry.
    That is such a conservative view that not many gamers will agree with, sorry. It is not our fault we were born in Australia and want to play a game that we pay for on a decent latency.
    This is not a part of the post I just made.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to push Australia closer to the servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damedrius View Post
    That is such a conservative view that not many gamers will agree with, sorry. It is not our fault we were born in Australia and want to play a game that we pay for on a decent latency.
    Living in certain parts of the US would subject you to similar/worse issues than what we deal with as Aussies, it's not -that- bad.

Now, if we could get rid of the rubber-banding in Diablo 3...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Living in certain parts of the US would subject you to similar/worse issues than what we deal with as Aussies, it's not -that- bad.

Now, if we could get rid of the rubber-banding in Diablo 3...
    I am pretty sure the only place in the US that will give you over 120ms on a decent broadband connection is Florida. If you're on any higher than that you are selecting the WRONG server. They have servers in California and New York. Even those in the center of the US will get less than 120ms on a broadband connection.

And if you're connecting to the closest server and still experiencing those network issues it's probably your personal connection and not based on server location.

Just to clarify, if you live in New York and select a server based in California then you will get 160-190ms ping. That is your mistake. If you live in Australia we only have one option; Above 160ms.

Also, the reason why we don't have real oceanic servers is not because it's too expensive. It's due to Blizzards 'cbf' attitude when it comes to delivering us a reasonable service.
    Last edited by Damedrius; 2014-03-10 at 02:49 AM.

I'm in Argentina and got between 170 and 190 ms most of the time. I've found that, as a melee dps (dk), the worst one can handle without losing on damage output/reaction time (mind you I'm talking about about PvE here) is around 200 ms.

But of course, less is always better.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taninsam View Post
    I'm in Argentina and got between 170 and 190 ms most of the time. I've found that, as a melee dps (dk), the worst one can handle without losing on damage output/reaction time (mind you I'm talking about about PvE here) is around 200 ms.

But of course, less is always better.
    As an Australian, I also support Latin American servers for all games. But we hope that local servers can be delivered to all paying customers. Riot Games gave us Oceanic servers and gave you guys Latin American servers. I don't understand why blizzard still avoids the topic.

This thread was started in 2011 and is still active to this day with ZERO blue responses.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3394275?page=1

As an Australian, I also support Latin American servers for all games. But we hope that local servers can be delivered to all paying customers. Riot Games gave us Oceanic servers and gave you guys Latin American servers. I don't understand why blizzard still avoids the topic.

This thread was started in 2011 and is still active to this day with ZERO blue responses.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3394275?page=1
    I actually play on a US server because the playerbase on Latin America is not exactly the one you want to belong to if you are a semi-hardcore/hardcore or adult player, but the lag is the same on both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aussie's need to blame the Earth's Worst Telecommunications companies for that, not Blizzard.

I feel bad my mates Down Under. Your ISP's are wretched.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Do optus really do that? I am with internode and they keep trying to get me to download more so I buy data packets lol.
    Since Optus opened up the Unlimited packages about 2-3 years ago, theyre nodes have become severely congested. Theyve been really really slow in fixing the problem when you consider they are still taking customers on board en masse. If youre on one of those nodes the common thing is after 6pm all international speeds start getting shaped.

I suffered for about 8 months untill they finally upgraded my node.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    I can raid normally, but I'm talking competitive play. If I ever wanted to join a Heroic guild, or go for rank 1 gladiator, it'd be quite difficult and we wouldn't have that option.
    I used to raid in a top 25 guild back in WotLK with Americans on my shitty Australian connection. It can be done. PVP is another story though.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm from Vic, I play with sub 200 ping and hardly ever have issue with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm an aussie and i play with 190-250 ms and can raid & pvp perfectly fine.

sure it would be nice to have less ms but its playable.
    Hi

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get how people are saying their latency jumps up during raids. I sit at 190-210 no matter what I'm doing (from Perth) I've never experienced huge jumps in latency due to raiding or PvP.
    I would love to have servers here but I've given up on that idea. If one day they did, if I had to abandon my current toons to get better latency, I wouldn't have to think about it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigen View Post
    I don't get how people are saying their latency jumps up during raids. I sit at 190-210 no matter what I'm doing (from Perth) I've never experienced huge jumps in latency due to raiding or PvP.
    I would love to have servers here but I've given up on that idea. If one day they did, if I had to abandon my current toons to get better latency, I wouldn't have to think about it.
    Saying things like "I have given up on that idea" is the reason why they continue to ignore us. They are hoping people will just forget about it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saying things like "I have given up on that idea" is the reason why they continue to ignore us. They are hoping people will just forget about it.
    If they cared about their customers from Australia/NZ, they would of made servers here when we first made outcry's about it. Since they didn't do it then, or the second time they tried, they won't be doing it any time soon.
    They don't ignore, they tried but they turned down Internode's offer.

I can play fairly well even when my ping gets to 400-500ms. 230-250 ms is practically instantaneous to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i'm an aussie and i play with 190-250 ms and can raid & pvp perfectly fine.

sure it would be nice to have less ms but its playable.
    That is because wow is desgined around being played with 200ms. Even blizzard have stated this. They make sure there is room for it. Other games it is a massive problem. Take the latest. Titanfall. Has no Aussie severs and is a fps and they match us with Americans. We get 200-300ms and it is impossible to shoot anyone with 50 unless you predict there movements.

It is real simple for me now days. No Aussie servers no buy. It is 2014 and I expect to be below 100ms at all times.
    Aye mate