Thread: Enh Shaman aoe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    One question about lava lash and flame shock

if you lava lash one thing and it spreads flame shock and there are many mobs around (like 10+) if you lava lash the same target will it spread to targets who dont currently flame shock on them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post

if you lava lash one thing and it spreads flame shock and there are many mobs around (like 10+) if you lava lash the same target will it spread to targets who dont currently flame shock on them?
    No it's a maximum of 4 targets or else it would be extremely overpowered.

My main gripe is that you one-shot low health mobs before you get a chance to Lava Lash. A simple removal of initial damage from Flame Shock would definitely help that, or just bake it into Lava Lash so that Lava Lash spreads it to 4 targets initially. If not, then at least let Magma Totem tag the mobs. Sheesh.

as far as I'm aware Blithe is wrong, yes it will spread FS to 4 new targets. Yes it is 'extremely overpowered' if you can manage to get a 15+mobs retaining an FS for any reasonable period of time. The issue being there is no practical setting in which such aoe could meet it's full potential. Usually we just don't get enough mobs, but it's not like over 3million spikes is impossible thanks to 9-10 FS's up.

I'm just going by personal experience, but I'm fairly sure there was a blue post back in 4.3 which explained this as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

No offense but you already have Fire Elemental doing a crazy fuckton of DPS, and now you want perfect AOE too?

I agree spreading dots through LL is clunky, and also mediocre since it only spreads to 4 targets, but none of the other concerns are even worth mentioning. Mobs being too low HP to survive the DoT spread is not a concern, you're going to gain very little damage anyway by AOEing low HP adds, you may as well not care about them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clunky AoE rotation is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    as far as I'm aware Blithe is wrong, yes it will spread FS to 4 new targets. Yes it is 'extremely overpowered' if you can manage to get a 15+mobs retaining an FS for any reasonable period of time. The issue being there is no practical setting in which such aoe could meet it's full potential. Usually we just don't get enough mobs, but it's not like over 3million spikes is impossible thanks to 9-10 FS's up.

I'm just going by personal experience, but I'm fairly sure there was a blue post back in 4.3 which explained this as well.
    Yeah I knew blithe was wrong cause I've had fire nova hit 50+ times when I've used it. So that's good to know, i can just tunnel vision my main target and not have to worry about mouseover on non-flameshocked targets

i can just tunnel vision my main target and not have to worry about mouseover on non-flameshocked targets
    Heh. There's only one tunnel vision AE. And it's not enhancement

(Needs more lightning TBH)

Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post
    Heh. There's only one tunnel vision AE. And it's not enhancement

(Needs more lightning TBH)
    Honestly Mind Sear is more tunnel vision, at least as elemental you have to switch target if the target die fast.

Yeah I knew blithe was wrong cause I've had fire nova hit 50+ times when I've used it. So that's good to know, i can just tunnel vision my main target and not have to worry about mouseover on non-flameshocked targets
    Well if you have 11 mobs and spread FS once, you're gonna hit 50 times each time you use fire nova. I think the highest hit counter I've seen has been in the 90s range when I was bad geared. These days things die to fast in order for me to spread twice (No 4pcs) or hit that many.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpsmash View Post
    It is, really. Take sha of pride as an example. If you have hunters misdirecting the adds to the tank, enhancement is the only melee DPS who can passively take them down without actually standing on top of them, and get a DPS increase on the boss doing so.
    Dualwield frost dks
    They spam their aoe for singletarget fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

It is, really. Take sha of pride as an example. If you have hunters misdirecting the adds to the tank, enhancement is the only melee DPS who can passively take them down without actually standing on top of them, and get a DPS increase on the boss doing so.
    Didn't even notice this till now. "If this specific scenario on this specific fight happens then *maybe* some other *melee* dps can't aoe efficiently, or yknow they can but lets pretend not"
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they could make lava lash passively apply and spread flame shock. Idk

10+ Year Old Account

Oh? Must've changed it since Cataclysm. IIRC it was maximum 4 targets.

DK's do pretty good at this too, unholy drops DnD (30s cd) and spreads diseases while maintaining a ST rotation but dropping Blood boil to keep dots rolling and frost drops DnD, spreads diseases and continues thier single target rotation, howling blast basically does the aoe for them. Monks can DPS down two of the ads without leaving the happy cone (and cleave from there if they're specc'd RJW)

Quote Originally Posted by Bllets View Post
    Honestly Mind Sear is more tunnel vision, at least as elemental you have to switch target if the target die fast.
    True, I was referring to shaman AE's. Mind Sear on the tank is... silly.

Deleted
    aoes of enhance is fine, just the cleave wich alot of fights in SoO have ist as good as other classes.

Didn't even notice this till now. "If this specific scenario on this specific fight happens then *maybe* some other *melee* dps can't aoe efficiently, or yknow they can but lets pretend not"
    Granted, maybe taking an example from my alt-raids is a bit far-fetched. That aside, beside the slow ramp-up and tedious timing of lava lash for burst aoe, fire nova isn't something that should be underestimated in terms of raw damage output either.

Granted, maybe taking an example from my alt-raids is a bit far-fetched. That aside, beside the slow ramp-up and tedious timing of lava lash for burst aoe, fire nova isn't something that should be underestimated in terms of raw damage output either.
    Yes it is 'extremely overpowered' if you can manage to get a 15+mobs retaining an FS for any reasonable period of time. The issue being there is no practical setting in which such aoe could meet it's full potential. Usually we just don't get enough mobs, but it's not like over 3million spikes is impossible thanks to 9-10 FS's up.
    earlier on this page